Pound for pound: Strongest man in the comp currently

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bench pres- what can the players bench??

Think David Rodan bench pressed 140 kg at Tiger training last year. It is easier for people with shorter arms though.

tazza would smash anyone, ask mark johnson and those 8 guys :) also that dud of a hawthorn ruckman, taz threw him around :thumbsu:

The Age reported the best from each club a couple of years ago. I can't remember each club exactly but generally the strongest player at each club benched in the 145kg to 160kg range, for one rep. The notable exception was Fraser Gehrig, who had done multiple reps of 172kgs - so his absolute maximum had not actually been tested, but would have been in the 190kg to 200kg range I'm guessing.

The other notable exception was Port Adelaide, whose fitness trainer (don't know if it's the same bloke now) stated that they didn't use the bench press as a general rule, and that measuring players relative strengths was done using some other whiz-bang machine. Turned out the strongest player was Tredrea, but don't know what the actual activity involved or how many kg's he was lifting.

cypher said:
Adam Bentick -150 kgs.
McGrath - 145 kgs.

I remember hearing that Mick Martyn could bench about 165 kgs and that's 1.5 times Lockett's alleged playing weight. :eek:

Thats correct, Mick could press over 350 pounds. He is still in good nick.

chooker said:
I can safely say that Cameron Hunter (off the dees a couple of years ago) would not have been able to do 80kg+.
Can you beat that dj??

yeah mate always working on the guns, summers coming up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever heard of this man???

52685968.jpg

Dude is bench pressing 80Kg's right now, but he will be up there after one more preseason ;)

what a joke.. everybody is just naming a player from their own club....ill do the same, but at least im actually making a fair call

remember the time Fraser Gherig was clearly the strongest man in the comp?

find me a player who can out muscle him

and to all those people who said kerr, remember the time gherig pushed him away with ONE hand? lol

souvo_fc said:
what a joke.. everybody is just naming a player from their own club....ill do the same, but at least im actually making a fair call

remember the time Fraser Gherig was clearly the strongest man in the comp?

find me a player who can out muscle him

and to all those people who said kerr, remember the time gherig pushed him away with ONE hand? lol
Pound for pound

sput1956 said:
Harvey doesn't count. You can't teach or train what he does, no matter how many weights you lift. He's a freak.

Amen to that bother...at 34 he is a freak and still going strong.....

M Voss in prime would be closest to him in this aspect,,,,,seen him many times with 3 hanging on him still get a 20 metre hadnpass away to a teammate...these things get underrated as we wet ourselves over judds speed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Pound for pound: Strongest man in the comp currently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back