Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL website is a joke. The 'how is your clubs preseason going' article spends 80% of the snippet related to St Kilda about the Jake Carlisle saga. How dare I expect some analysis and not gossip mag sensationalist trash from the league's own writers.

The AFL moan and grumble about the focus on negative stories, well if they wanna change the landscape they best start in their own backyard.

Damn right ! Good post - maybe they could go through each list analyzing new, mid term and long term players and discuss potential/ what is happening with playing list over the pre season ie how the training for pre season is structured for each club as opposed to playing to base elements with sensationalist reporting.

This time of year footy fans want to know about their clubs players and plans for the next season would be useful to actually discuss 'how is your clubs preseason going'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, very good news that, huge scope for improvement for Lukey-D next season.

He didn't spend anywhere near as much time in the guts as I was expecting this year (and now we probably know why), so if he has a big preseason and stays relatively injury free he could really give us a boost on the inside in 2016 and help take a load of Armo and Steven in there.

Another preseason under Ross could likewise do the same and a full preseason into Gilbo (for what may be the first time in a couple of years) could really help him to start posting bigger numbers, if he continues to play a fair bit in there. (He had 16 contested possies in one game late in the year, to go with a 13 and couple of 10's, so more of that would be very welcome).

Add in extra minutes there from the likes of Billings, Sinclair, Freeman, Acres, Lonie and Minch and and more outside run from the likes of Steven (if not needed on the inside as much) Roo, Freeman, Gresham, Webster, Acres, Billings, D-Mac, Lonie and perhaps Eli and it's fair to say our midfield as a whole has huge scope for improvement.

Yep, very good news that, huge scope for improvement for Lukey-D next season.

He didn't spend anywhere near as much time in the guts as I was expecting this year (and now we probably know why), so if he has a big preseason and stays relatively injury free he could really give us a boost on the inside in 2016 and help take a load of Armo and Steven in there.

Another preseason under Ross could likewise do the same and a full preseason into Gilbo (for what may be the first time in a couple of years) could really help him to start posting bigger numbers, if he continues to play a fair bit in there. (He had 16 contested possies in one game late in the year, to go with a 13 and couple of 10's, so more of that would be very welcome).

Add in extra minutes there from the likes of Billings, Sinclair, Freeman, Acres, Lonie and Minch and and more outside run from the likes of Steven (if not needed on the inside as much) Roo, Freeman, Gresham, Webster, Acres, Billings, D-Mac, Lonie and perhaps Eli and it's fair to say our midfield as a whole has huge scope for improvement.

To be perfectly honest, and this may be a foolish attitude as a St. Kilda supporter but Im quite optimistic about next year. Look at almost any line and the blend of experience and young talent is definitely there. Our back line and forward lines in particular are impressive, I think. They could not reach my optimistic hopes, and that would be perfectly reasonable, but I just think we may be in for an interesting season.

To be perfectly honest, and this may be a foolish attitude as a St. Kilda supporter but Im quite optimistic about next year. Look at almost any line and the blend of experience and young talent is definitely there. Our back line and forward lines in particular are impressive, I think. They could not reach my optimistic hopes, and that would be perfectly reasonable, but I just think we may be in for an interesting season.
100%. I'm definitely excited to see how we go next year, as I feel like we won't really have any obvious holes in our side (all things being equal) for the first time in at least 2-3 years, will have some decent depth and lots of competition for spots and we still have plenty of experienced quality in the side, to go with all the emerging young talent.

Half (11) of our best 22 have played finals already and there won't be many in the remaining half who are just making up the numbers, if any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back