Pre Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess you would also need to consider how much he would be worth. We don't want to be paying an inflated price for him, let another club do that.

i guess you would also need to consider how much he would be worth. We don't want to be paying an inflated price for him, let another club do that.

Agreed, I'd say a max of 1.2 million over 4 years, so lets get him to put a $1million price tag on his head, and then distribute the extra 200,000 accordingly over the following 3 years.

Agreed, I'd say a max of 1.2 million over 4 years, so lets get him to put a $1million price tag on his head, and then distribute the extra 200,000 accordingly over the following 3 years.

agreed lets just get him. make him out a price on his head that no one else will be willing to pay as up front for te first year then only give a couple of hundred thousand over the next 2 years. if the talk iss true i think we realy need to talk to him to see if its true and do what we can to get him down. i really thin that he will be a great assest to our club and hes got the x factor lets just get him

Fletcher, Lloyd, Lucas (Best 3 players) all on Vet's list. Hird gone. We must be paying the likes of Welsh, McFee & Hille megabucks just to reach the minimum of the annual salary cap. Based on this I would suggest he would be worth 2 million over 4 years.

Stop Kidding yourselves, 1.2 mil over 4 years, his form is nowhere near established AFL standards! You can have him, but you just watch, he'll crumble under all that pressure.

Fletcher, Lloyd, Lucas (Best 3 players) all on Vet's list. Hird gone. We must be paying the likes of Welsh, McFee & Hille megabucks just to reach the minimum of the annual salary cap. Based on this I would suggest he would be worth 2 million over 4 years.

Even though I want him, 2million is ridiculous for him. He has agreed in principle for 900K over 3 yrs, he is not Judd FFS! Lets make it 1.5million over 4 years, the most I would go. If we don't get him, so be it.

Which means they wont be taking Brennan;)

West Coast will surely be getting rid of Cousins now...

I still worry about Melbourne taking Brennan. If Brennan lists his head at 1.2million, Carlton won't be able to afford him, and I don't see the point in the Dogs getting him as they have Everitt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dodoro said on SEN that the club is looking for players 24 and under. Talked a little about Brennan, brennan will need to have a big price on his head to slip to essendon and yeah.

Any other player out of contract that is under 24 maybe Tenace?

Even though I want him, 2million is ridiculous for him. He has agreed in principle for 900K over 3 yrs, he is not Judd FFS! Lets make it 1.5million over 4 years, the most I would go. If we don't get him, so be it.

Was just trying to make a point that the money we've offerred him is worth it given what we must be paying some of our other established players just to reach the minimum TPP.

I would be happy to offer Brennan 1 million over 3 years to secure him even though as i've previously said, we really should have pushed hard for a high quality midfielder (and that a Brennan type really isn't what we're after). He does have the ability to do things that most can't and showed this year that he can play with some consistency (although this could still improve).

We would get his best 4 years if we picked him up this year so I'd say offer him what it takes to secure him.

These are the delistments so far:

Adel:
Bris: -
Carl: David Teague , Dylan McLaren , Anthony Raso , Ross Young* , Craig Flint
Coll: -
Ess: Richard Cole, Keplar Bradley, Lachlan McKinnon*, Mark Johnson
Freo: -
Geel: -
Haw: -
Kang: Daniel McConnell , Callum Urch , Djaran Whyman , Ben Hughes* , Tim Hutchison*
Melb: Simon Godfrey , Daniel Hayes* , Shane Neaves* , Heath Neville , Daniel Ward
Port: Nathan Batsantis*, Alex Lee*, Peter Hardy*
Rich: -
StK: -
Syd: -
WCE: -
WBull: Travis Baird , Cameron Faulkner , Damien McCormack , Marty Pask* (, Tim Walsh , Michael West*

* - rookie listed

Did i miss any?

These are the delistments so far:

Adel:
Bris: -
Carl: David Teague , Dylan McLaren , Anthony Raso , Ross Young* , Craig Flint
Coll: -
Ess: Richard Cole, Keplar Bradley, Lachlan McKinnon*, Mark Johnson
Freo: -
Geel: -
Haw: -
Kang: Daniel McConnell , Callum Urch , Djaran Whyman , Ben Hughes* , Tim Hutchison*
Melb: Simon Godfrey , Daniel Hayes* , Shane Neaves* , Heath Neville , Daniel Ward
Port: Nathan Batsantis*, Alex Lee*, Peter Hardy*
Rich: -
StK: -
Syd: -
WCE: -
WBull: Travis Baird , Cameron Faulkner , Damien McCormack , Marty Pask* (, Tim Walsh , Michael West*

* - rookie listed

Did i miss any?

If you want the full list of retirements and delsitings, it's on Wikipedia. Just search 'AFL season 2007'.

Gaday to you all. I'm a new footy fan from Ireland keen to learn about the game. I saw footy for the first time about 20 years ago and followed Essendon for a couple of years at that time. Then they stopped showing it on TV over here and I lapsed my interest.

About three months ago I started a subscription to Setanta Sports and low and behold I'm able to see footy again. Couple that with the fact that my good friend lives in Melbourne (Kangaroos fan!) and now I've gotten back into it. I dont see any reason to desert the Bombers now! I watched many of the games in the finals (particularly enjoyed seeing young Clarke playing for Collingwood against Geelong). Of course I've followed the compromise rules series with interest, since its inception.

Ok, so I've got a few questions. Can sometime sumarise the various drafts and how important they are. My understanding is that the National draft is the big one and its for young players? The Pre-season draft seems to be similar to the US system of waviers? Are there other drafts and when do they all take place?

Are there any good books on Assuie rules that I can grab of Amazon or eBay? I'm looking for something that would cover the strategies of the game.

Also what is KPP? Are there any other acronyms that would make it easier for me to follow the game?

Thanks.

Hogan.

Gaday to you all. I'm a new footy fan from Ireland keen to learn about the game. I saw footy for the first time about 20 years ago and followed Essendon for a couple of years at that time. Then they stopped showing it on TV over here and I lapsed my interest.

About three months ago I started a subscription to Setanta Sports and low and behold I'm able to see footy again. Couple that with the fact that my good friend lives in Melbourne (Kangaroos fan!) and now I've gotten back into it. I dont see any reason to desert the Bombers now! I watched many of the games in the finals (particularly enjoyed seeing young Clarke playing for Collingwood against Geelong). Of course I've followed the compromise rules series with interest, since its inception.

Ok, so I've got a few questions. Can sometime sumarise the various drafts and how important they are. My understanding is that the National draft is the big one and its for young players? The Pre-season draft seems to be similar to the US system of waviers? Are there other drafts and when do they all take place?

Are there any good books on Assuie rules that I can grab of Amazon or eBay? I'm looking for something that would cover the strategies of the game.

Also what is KPP? Are there any other acronyms that would make it easier for me to follow the game?

Thanks.

Hogan.

Welcome aboard,

Yes, the national draft is the major draft where most clubs take around 4 or 5 of the best youngsters from around the country.

The pre-season draft is generally reserved for players who have been let go (delisted) by a club or, have chosen to leave a club in order to get to another club by putting a large price on their head that only that club can meet.

The rookie draft is for the next best youngsters who didn't get picked up in the national draft. They play in the reserve side although if the club sustains long term injuries to it's listed players, the rookies can be elevated to the senior list.

KPP - Key position player. Strong and ussually tall players these are: FF - Full forward, CHF - Centre half forward, CHB - centre half back, FB - full back,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back