Pre Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still worry about Melbourne taking Brennan. If Brennan lists his head at 1.2million, Carlton won't be able to afford him, and I don't see the point in the Dogs getting him as they have Everitt.
I think Melbourne will be going for a bigger forward to replace Neitz or fill their vacant CHF spot, Brennan has said he wants to play his footy on the wing aswell...

We will be very lucky if Brennan gets to us. In fact im pretty sure that if he decides to leave Brisbane he will be at the Tigers. I know he want's to come to us but Richmond will be able to match whatever financial terms he want's.
He will either sign at Brisbane shortly or end up at Richmond.No need to even bother making up scenarios or dreaming about it.
Our PSD pick is looking like Jason Cloke at the moment.

mitch hahn, Ben Rutten, Jude Bolton, Ben cousins all a chance of nominating, they would make a handy decoy to ensure Brennan gets to Windy hill.

mitch hahn, Ben Rutten, Jude Bolton, Ben cousins all a chance of nominating, they would make a handy decoy to ensure Brennan gets to Windy hill.

Jude Bolton wont be in the PSD.
Cousins wont be allowed to play again.

KPP - Key position player. Strong and ussually tall players these are: FF - Full forward, CHF - Centre half forward, CHB - centre half back, FB - full back,

Thanks.

We have these positions in Gaelic football as well. You boys have three extra men in the Ruckman, Ruck Rover and Rover.

I traweled through Wikipedia last night and came up with some of the terminology. Still a good book or DVD would be useful. When do next seasons fixtures comes out?

When you nominate for the draft, you are in for three years.

Jason Cloke would automatically be in the ND and then the PSD if not drafted, this year.

Really dont see why if the drugs were not illeagle, max he will get sacked imo.

Then why did the police arrest him for having illegal drugs ?
He is finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's stopping Bolton

The fact that Sydney only put his name up for a trade if the could get something outstanding in return. There was never any talk of him being delisted or leaving the club otherwise.

You know it doesn't have to be a player out of contract.....
Knights seems keen on youth, wouldn't surprise me if he goes for one of the kids left over from the National draft.

Having said that, Brennan would be nice. :thumbsu:

They also delisted Collard which is surprising, not that he is a the type we need.

The Essendon connection continues as they have appointed Prior as a skills coach

They also delisted Collard which is surprising, not that he is a the type we need.

The Essendon connection continues as they have appointed Prior as a skills coach
Good choice. From what I remember of him he was one of the best kicks in our side. I used to love watching him kick the ball.

But it emerged that Brennan is making preparations to take his family back to Darwin. The utility's manager, Peter Whitehead, said although his 23-year-old client was still to decide whether to remain with the Lions or bring his inconsistent career to Victoria, he would not be remaining in Queensland. According to Whitehead, the lease on the house Brennan and his family have been living in is due to expire and they are not prepared to commit to a new home in Brisbane.
Whitehead denied the departure was the first step in a relocation to Melbourne, where up to five clubs — Essendon chief among them — have an interest. It was revealed during the recent trade week that the Dons had put a three-year offer worth up to $1 million. Brennan has connections at Windy Hill through former Lion Mal Michael and assistant coach Gary O'Donnell.
"They just don't want to make a quick decision for the sake of making a quick decision," Whitehead said. "He's got to move out, so he might as well go back to Darwin, sit it out and get away from it all if nothing materialises between now and the end of November."
The Lions increased their offer from two years to three, but it is believed that the annual salary remains as much as $80,000 a season below what the Bombers and others have indicated.
Brisbane coach Leigh Matthews yesterday had little to say on the Brennan situation, as the club attempts to keep hold of him. "Nothing has happened, nothing to report there," he said. "We don't know to be honest, it's a work in progress."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/hahn-resigns-with-dogs/2007/10/22/1192940985133.html

I'd definately like us to go after him, i liked the reports on him that i was hearing about him last year, the only problem he has was his endurance wasn't it? so he wouldn't be able to play midfield straight away, but im sure if he worked hard for a few season he could push into the middle or even just play off the bench.

Here's one that really caught my attention.
Collard is a freak, i personally rate him on equal terms with Selwood, but it seems he might slip, which is astonishing, as it would be rediculous if a team that finished in the top 4 gets to add this guy to their team, especially west coast.

Mel Brown has been reported as saying he thinks by the end of his career, Collard will be the greatest ever Western Australian footballer in history, ahead of Maurice Riolo, thats how much talent he thinks he has.

Is fairly quick, good height, may need to put on a bit of size, extremely good disposal, excellent decision making, probably the best in the draft. Has the Dal Santo "poise", has the flair of the aboriginal players, and gets plenty of touches. When he gets it, he does special things, ala Judd, Wells etc, your expecting something to happen, which is a rare gift.

Is daylight ahead of Jetta in my opinion, but others dont agree, can play forward, and loves to drift forward in the midfield and kick a goal.

If i had a pick anywhere in the 8-16 range and he was still available, and you wanted a midfielder, i would gobble it up, if he slips past that, and say Carlton gets him,then you have a massive bargain. gibbs, murphy and collard would be the equivelant of Judd, Kerr and Cousins in 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back