Pre Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just doesn't seem to have his head screwed on straight, unless he could guarentee us 110% commitment, which at the moment seems unlikely, I wouldn't want to do it, rather try my luck with Dunn.

Moving to a whole new city on the other side of the country when you already have issues may make things even worse.

I'd definately like us to go after him, i liked the reports on him that i was hearing about him last year, the only problem he has was his endurance wasn't it? so he wouldn't be able to play midfield straight away, but im sure if he worked hard for a few season he could push into the middle or even just play off the bench.

Here's one that really caught my attention.

Wow! that is one glowing review.

I remember watching him and jetta in the champs and just wishing Essendon could pick up both of them.

Please excuse my ignorance, but maybe someone can help my understanding of the system.

If Brennan wants to play at Essendon and we make him the highest offer, that doesn't actually effect the way he's drafted does it? Isn't it just the earliest club in the order that wants him, gets him? Or does the amount offered have some sway on it?

I just get the impression that if Essendon make a high offer, the other clubs have to match it to get him or something. Doesn't make sense in my head, that's just what seems to be coming across from what i'm reading.

Could someone please clear this up for me? Cheers.

Please excuse my ignorance, but maybe someone can help my understanding of the system.

If Brennan wants to play at Essendon and we make him the highest offer, that doesn't actually effect the way he's drafted does it? Isn't it just the earliest club in the order that wants him, gets him? Or does the amount offered have some sway on it?

I just get the impression that if Essendon make a high offer, the other clubs have to match it to get him or something. Doesn't make sense in my head, that's just what seems to be coming across from what i'm reading.

Could someone please clear this up for me? Cheers.

Basically the player names a price- lets say that price is $700,000 for instance. Well the club that drafts him HAS to pay that figure for the first year at least. However you may "front-load" a contract so if he were to be paid 1million over 3 years, you may "front load" the 1st year's contract to 700-800,000 to have a better chance for you to get him. Quick summary, basically in the PSD the player doesn't necessarily end where he wants, but you can front load a contract in order to TRY to get to where you want!

Basically the player names a price- lets say that price is $700,000 for instance. Well the club that drafts him HAS to pay that figure for the first year at least. However you may "front-load" a contract so if he were to be paid 1million over 3 years, you may "front load" the 1st year's contract to 700-800,000 to have a better chance for you to get him. Quick summary, basically in the PSD the player doesn't necessarily end where he wants, but you can front load a contract in order to TRY to get to where you want!

Ah, fantastic. Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsu:

I see Longy's man Trotter has been delisted by North. Another worth having a look at if he makes it to the PSD or Rookie draft.

He hasn't been the same since he ripped his hamstring off the bone in his final year before the draft. I rated him highly also but he's a shadow of the player he promised to be.

He hasn't been the same since he ripped his hamstring off the bone in his final year before the draft. I rated him highly also but he's a shadow of the player he promised to be.

Spot On!
Wasgruesome hamsting injury that one and he never got over it. Not sure that he will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minus the whoe being related thing...

I heard (maybe read, I can't remember) somewhere that Brennan was set to re-sign with Brisbane? Does anyone know?

He's in Darwin ATM so i wouldn't believe that the deal is done, in fact just on Monday the same newspaper (The Age) said that he was certain to try and get to Essendon via the PSD. So i'd say take it with a grain of salt because the only place that mentions that Brennan is close to signing is The Age.

Re: Who will we try and get in the PSD?

Cousins would be good if he went in it though I couldnt see him getting to us unless he put a big price on his head. Knights may try and get Cloke who played for Bendigo, i think it's Jason but i cant be sure. I think it is Collard from Freo-he got delisted after 1 season-he could be good.

What do people think about Daniel Chick? Should we or too old.

I hope they go for Collard.

Don't know anything about Collard but i hope we get him. Main reason? he is young. It is pointless for us to pick up a finished former star like we always do. What's it going to do, push us from 14th-10th?? Awesome:thumbsu: Give a young guy a go.

you have jetta already, adding collard is fuel to the fire. Those two are best mates and have been known to run amok.
Plus collard and jetta play the exact same role.

you have jetta already, adding collard is fuel to the fire. Those two are best mates and have been known to run amok.
Plus collard and jetta play the exact same role.

If he is the best available, we will grab him. I hope we either go for Collaud or Pounish or take a punt on a kid from this years draft as a PSD pick (pehaps take a punt on a KPP backman (project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back