Pre-Season Draft looks good to me

Remove this Banner Ad

swampygezza

Senior List
Sep 26, 2006
swamp
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Given the stalemate and lack of trades - the pre-season draft is going to have some fine pickings for teams :)

This was not the year to go looking for a new club ( read more money:eek:) and with clubs digging in their heals (good-on-ya Freo - Carlton have been given enough free rides:p), I'd say that a number of players are going to have to eat humble pie, and pull their heads in (as did Kerr and Burgoyne).

Anyone know the order of draft pics? With talk of "they'l get him in the PSD", who's got what when??

1.melbourne
2.west coast
3.fremantle
4.port adelaide
5.essendon
6.carlton
7.brisbane
8.richmond
9.north
10.adelaide
11.collingwood
12.sydney
13.st kilda
14.western bulldogs
15.geelong
16.hawthorn

Ray, Warnock, Okeffe, Seaby and Prismall imagine if they all were in the preseason draft.

Dons at 5 would get one of them either being Ray, Okeffe or Prismall

Melbourne - Robbie Warnock
West Coast - Brad Green
Fremantle - Chris Johnson
Port Adelaide - Josh Carr
Essendon - Brent Prismall
Carlton - Ryan O'Keefe
Brisbane - Ben Cousins
Richmond - Mark Seaby
North Melbourne - Tom Lonergan
Adelaide - Wade Mills
Collingwood - Shannon Byrnes
Sydney - Steven Armstrong
St Kilda - Damien Peverill
Bulldogs - ???
Hawthorn ???
Geelong ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been de-listed?
No but the contract offer for Lonergan was both disgusting and insulting from Geelong. Something like $75,000 per year, due to having no room to move in the cap.

Geelong would need to seriously up the ante, or he'll walk to the PSD.

West Coast - Brad Green
Carlton - Ryan O'Keefe
Brisbane - Ben Cousins
Richmond - Mark Seaby
Adelaide -
Sydney -
St Kilda
Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Geelong

Forgot someone

Farren Ray will stay at Dogs if not traded. He's contracted.

I'm pretty sure he's out of contract. They'v been talking about him re-signing all year.

I thought he'd agreed to re-sign for one year if a good deal couldn't be made but then his manager was reported to have said he's definately not playing with the Dogs next year.

I'd rather pick up Prismal than Ray in the PSD anyhow:thumbsu::)

Anyway it looks like Melbourne will deal pick 19 for Warnock plus a couple of players and then take Prismal in the PSD with pick 1.

Can't see O'Keefe risking the PSD or draft, Hawthorn will seal the deal tommorrow IMO.

I know you were just exercising a point, but I figured I'd point out that Armstrong won't be moving interstate. I know this through his partner. I haven't heard that Freo are interested, so it's probably fulltime WAFL.

Also, Seaby is still under contract. West Coast won't release him for nothing if a deal can't be struck.

West Coast - Brad Green
Carlton - Ryan O'Keefe
Brisbane - Ben Cousins
Richmond - Mark Seaby
Adelaide - Wade Mills
St Kilda - Damien Peverill
Bulldogs - ???
Hawthorn ???
Geelong ???
No way pies are going to saints or collingwood its his choise were he wants to go

No but the contract offer for Lonergan was both disgusting and insulting from Geelong. Something like $75,000 per year, due to having no room to move in the cap.

Geelong would need to seriously up the ante, or he'll walk to the PSD.

I thought the minimum is something like $120-$150k for a senior player that plays 22 games.

I would think that Brad Green would end up traded rather then end up in the PSD. If Collingwood are really interested in him as the papers say they will work hard on getting a deal done. I would also think that Rhyce Shaw would be in the PSD, if he too wants to really leave Collingwood...but would anyone throw a life line to him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-Season Draft looks good to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back