Pre Season Draft ??

Remove this Banner Ad

guggu said:
Does anyone have any idea if we have targeted anyone as it is very quite!!

Hard to know if we have targeted anyone, but I expect us to take one of:

1) Joel Perry
2) Adam McPhee
3) Josh Willoughby
4) Hayden Skipworth
5) Earl Shaw

Those are in order of preference. If we don't take one of them, we should take the best kid who wasn't picked up in the ND-there are bound to be a few.

Like many Carlton people, I think that we should take the best kid not drafted in the ND in the PSD. Like a Shaun Hampson or something like that. I think there will be a few not picked up. If we decide to use two picks in the PSD then go for one player not picked up in the ND and another like Perry or McPhee.

I'm not sure if we have single-handedly targeted anyone but here our my preferences:

1. Joel Perry
2. Adam McPhee
3. Tim Notting
4. Hayden Skipworth

There will be more no doubt but the PSD isn't until December.

Mcphee for No. 1 if he is not contracted (I'm sure he will be) and then Joel Perry. No one interested in Jason Cloke?? He is still young, big body and not that bad a defender.

Force said:
Mcphee for No. 1 if he is not contracted (I'm sure he will be) and then Joel Perry.

Don't know enough about Joel Perry. Can someone give me some details?

Force said:
No one interested in Jason Cloke?? He is still young, big body and not that bad a defender.

Not accountable enough, and other teams have found out ways to exploit him.

Jeremias said:
Perry is a young full-back from the Roos.

But is he any good though J?
Lucy has just been delisted by Essendon as well. Would you take Lucy over Perry?

These are just some queries I have. Only saw Lucy play a couple of games last year, and he looked ok. Didn't see him play for the BB this year at all.

And I don't know anything about Perry.

Who would be a better prospect, Lucy or Perry?

HugeBluesFan said:
But is he any good though J?
Lucy has just been delisted by Essendon as well. Would you take Lucy over Perry?

These are just some queries I have. Only saw Lucy play a couple of games last year, and he looked ok. Didn't see him play for the BB this year at all.

And I don't know anything about Perry.

Who would be a better prospect, Lucy or Perry?

I would prefer Perry. He is rated highly by the majority of Roos fans, and they think he should have played more games.

Perry is bigger than Lucy, so will find it easier to play on the big forwards, which is what we would be recruiting him for. He is by no means quick, but he is faster than Lucy on the lead. From what I have seen, he has adequate skills. If we recruited him, our defense would hopefully look something like:

FB: O'hAilpin--Perry--O'Brien
CHB: Thornton--Hartlett--Scotland

With Whitnall on the bench. O'Brien swap with Lappin on occassion.

Solid backline, still very young. Would love to see it happen.

Jeremias said:
I would prefer Perry. He is rated highly by the majority of Roos fans, and they think he should have played more games.

Perry is bigger than Lucy, so will find it easier to play on the big forwards, which is what we would be recruiting him for. He is by no means quick, but he is faster than Lucy on the lead. From what I have seen, he has adequate skills. If we recruited him, our defense would hopefully look something like:

Hope you wouldnt want that backline for 2007, we would get flogged every week? An why Whitnall on the bench? He will most likely be our captain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

juzza316 said:
Hope you wouldnt want that backline for 2007, we would get flogged every week? An why Whitnall on the bench? He will most likely be our captain!

Sure, we will get flogged a few times, but that is bound to happen anyway. Way as well develop a solid backline in the process.

Regarding Lance, it is hard to find a position for him. When I said on the bench, it isn't a bad thing. We will play him where we need him, that is how valuable he is. If we need him in defense, he can take the CHB position. If we need him up forward, we will do so. It isn't such a bad thing to have him on the bench-it is actually good-use him wherever we need him. His value to us, if that was the case, would be immeasurable.

Jeremias said:
Sure, we will get flogged a few times, but that is bound to happen anyway. Way as well develop a solid backline in the process.

Regarding Lance, it is hard to find a position for him. When I said on the bench, it isn't a bad thing. We will play him where we need him, that is how valuable he is. If we need him in defense, he can take the CHB position. If we need him up forward, we will do so. It isn't such a bad thing to have him on the bench-it is actually good-use him wherever we need him. His value to us, if that was the case, would be immeasurable.

Lance is probably the most important player to our backline with Thornton, he is the one that directs players into position and provides leadership.

I dont know how you can have Perry and Hartlett taking up key positions, neither have barely played a game! Your opinion I guess :eek:

Where is Bower? He has shown more than Hartlett at this stage. I would have him in my starting 22 for round one.

Jeremias said:

If he is a reasonable player, then why did The Kangaroos delist him? Although you could say the same for Lucy to be honest. Maybe worth a rookie spot though.

juzza316 said:
Lance is probably the most important player to our backline with Thornton, he is the one that directs players into position and provides leadership.

I dont know how you can have Perry and Hartlett taking up key positions, neither have barely played a game! Your opinion I guess :eek:

Where is Bower? He has shown more than Hartlett at this stage. I would have him in my starting 22 for round one.

Lance is one of our more important players. Period. If we use him off the bench, he can come on fresh to either end and be damaging. Having said that, we could move Hartlett to the bench, and replace him with Lance.

Bower I think will play on a wing. He isn't big enough yet to play in a key position. However, he could be used to run off the half back flank, but at the moment I think he is more suited to playing on the wing.

I realise that it would be a gamble playing Hartlett and Perry in the key defensive roles. However, unfortuately, we do not have many choices. Season 2007 should e one where we look towards the future, and we would be doing so by playing the two kids there. Sure, we may be flogged a few times, but we will anyway. They will learn and mature together in the positions, and hopefully bolster the backline in the future.

Even though it doesnt go with our "youth policy under 24y/o" i would take either Notting or McPhee. Notting can play as a running CHB like he did this year with Brisbane where as McPhee could play in a number of different positions (ala TEX). I still think McPhee will get resigned though but i wouldnt mind either of them.

1. McPhee, by a long way, but can't see Bombers losing him.
2. Skipworth
3. Notting

Welsh has re-signed with Crows so is no longer an option.
Prefer Skipworth to Notting, is younger and can find the footy, unlucky this year after a great '05.

Don't see any reason to pick up another 18 year old with this pick who was overlooked in 70 or so picks by other clubs, better to just use the 1st pick in the Rookie draft for that.

Jeremias said:
The Roos haven't delisted him.

They are in contract negotiations, but Perry doesn't agree ATM with what is being offered.

OK, my mistake. I thought I heard somewhere he had been delisted. Maybe he is worth a punt, but I just haven't seen him play, so I cannot make a good judgement on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre Season Draft ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back