Review Preliminary Final, 2022 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rosebury had a first quarter to remember. Won't need to buy a drink in Geelong again.
After that though Geelong were too good. We were often out of position, unwilling or too slow to chase, plenty of poor decision making with the ball in hand and well over half of the team played well below their best.
Finally, it seems like Selwood has his own set of rules. To make it worse I am now getting trolled by my Geelong supporting family and friends. LOL.

I get the angst towards Joe with our club spending the last decent chunk of our salary cap on an unreliable key forward while leaving our midfield to stink it up but Hipwood doesn’t play this finals series on the number 1 key back every week

Too disappointed so good night all..:'(
Sleepy Good Night GIF

Said at the start of they year that if we got kicked out of the finals by any team other than Geelong or Melbourne I would have felt we have gone backwards.
So to make it to a prelim and beat Melbourne along the way, ultimately losing to Geelong, I will still call the year a pass.

Heartbreaking. Grateful we went two further than I expected but not a good way to end the year. Geelong were way too good.

I guess go Sydney? Only team left with players no players that will induce vomitting if I have to watch them win a medal.

Not much to be said.

We were terrible. Made them look unbeatable.

4 finals exits . Tonight the worst.

I guess we let the dust settle and look at our list and any other improvements we might make
Top 4 team in the comp….. not everyone can win it! Extremely proud of this group and the resilience they have shown! Will be back bigger and better next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devastated. So many Lions fans once again showed up, sadly the team didn’t give us anything to cheer about.

Not much else to say right now. Just wanted to see a contest and couldn’t even get that…

Cats were far to good, kudos to them. Onto next year. Go Lions..

The pressure got to us tonight whereas last week it looked like we loved it. We never got going from the clearances and when we got the ball back our kicks were off or marks were fumbled. Wasn't our night.

Got to change the way we play, we've got the players.

I hope Joe is off to get surgery on his shoulder...if not our forward line is screwed.

Coleman is a beautiful ball user but has to learn how to defend his opponent as well. Same for AhChee, and he just doesn’t get enough of the ball. He looks good but never plays a dominant game.
Our tall defenders were good,Payne and Gardiner in particular.
We desperately need more midfield support for Neale,he can’t keep carrying the load year after year.

Coleman is a beautiful ball user but has to learn how to defend his opponent as well. Same for AhChee, and he just doesn’t get enough of the ball. He looks good but never plays a dominant game.
Our tall defenders were good,Payne and Gardiner in particular.
We desperately need more midfield support for Neale,he can’t keep carrying the load year after year.
yeh as good as Starc and hopefully wilmot will be, we can't have both rich and coleman loosely guarding their man

Completely outclassed tonight but grateful for those two unexpected finals wins .
Be interesting to see what transpires in the off season .

I just hope Cats lose next week , can’t stand any of the self entitled prxxxxx

I know we did a good job to get there but maybe if Lynch kicked the goal in the first final that's about where we're at. Couldn't possible see us beating the Pies or the Swans.
If we'd won tonight, absolutely we had a chance next week.

The last two weeks showed we had a bit of heart, which can be built upon.

If Fagan stays, he needs new assistants and needs to be more brutal in selection. Was there really any need to tinker with last week's winners.

Anyway, I think we got the most out of our list this year. Dump the deadwood, get some youth in and a couple of proven performers and I think we'll be pushing top four again in 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Preliminary Final, 2022 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Back