C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 8 Honest Review OI v Marcellin

Best winters day ever.

Ground conditions near perfect except for a sticky wicket in the middle, which the umpires insisted on using to start quarters and after a goalšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Traditional rivals and the build up was Hugh, with Marcellin having a high reunion and luncheon so the crowd was large and the balcony was packed to capacity.

A win for Marcelina would take them off the bottom of the ladder, a loss would see pressure mouniting to stay up in C Grade.

A win for OI would see a gap opening up for the top 3, a loss would raise doubts on any possible promotion discussions.

The game started and Marcellin kicked a goal within 30 seconds. They then kicked another soon after and the ā€œmicsā€ were up and about. A 50 metre penalty saw the Hoes claw one back. MARCELLIN kicked the next 2 and the crowd in the upper deck was become very loud. The Hoes settled and kicked the next 2, and we went in 5 points down at the first break.

From then, the back line put up the wall only conceding 2 more goals for the game, and for once the Hoes kicked reasonably straight, and put Marcellin to the sword resulting in a large 70 point win. In my time that is the largest win for the Browns at Marcellin.

if you are watching the play, yes that is me with the unique boundary umpiring style.

Next is PEGS (without no. 7). It will show where both teams are at.

Max ā€œthank God for the Queens/Kings Birthday weekendā€ Carberry - Think about itšŸ˜‚
Overseas travel June- Aug.. injuries..colder weather and suspensions going to be interesting period rd 9-15.

Overseas travel June- Aug.. injuries..colder weather and suspensions going to be interesting period rd 9-15.
3 byes in that time and a shorter season will really affect some , the uneven draw will not help some , will use Ormond , bye in round1 and then in round 16
number 7 off to the tribunal i believe

Have had minimal exposure to Ormond.. but geez the carry on is real.. bloody hell
Clearly, you know little about the Monders. Or, dare I say, across the posting here on the matter at hand as most of the more direct comment that you call "carry on" about the 'incident' was not from Monder people. Including pointing out your mob giving the perpetrator an accolade post-game. People with a record of insightful posting, btw.

So let me add to your sparse knowledge.

Ormond is a club that has a long and rich history inextricably tied to war service.

A club that has reached out to other clubs experiencing tough times, including donating funds.

A club that insists on its people attending after-match functions out of respect for the opposition, no matter what the matchday outcome was.

What the club is not is one that wilfully and unethically plunders another club's junior football program.

What the club is not is one that would publicly rejoice in self-seeking deplorable behaviour, including posting uninformed "gossip" about the club they had pillaged.

And to top it off one of the pillagers had the temerity to ask people here to show some "class". Then cites as an exemplar (the Lasso character) someone who preached a philosophy that is so far removed from his club's overt behaviour that they aren't in the same stratosphere. Not to mention his elderly compatriot having a crack at other posters for posting out of their divvy, when he's a past master at it. The hypocrisy is gobsmacking.

Regrettably, indecent behaviour seems to be acceptable and pays off these days, as we see worldwide in sports and politics.

Back to the Sherrin. With the Monders effectively out of it, I'm on Old Ivanhoe, another club with a strong culture.

Thanks mate. To expand for you, I'm very much enjoying the meltdown from your clubs supporters and the irony in the claims of hypocrisy.

Two things seem evident to me.

1. Our clubs short, medium and long term prospects in all manners have well and truly flipped.

2. You're unable to handle the same banter you've been handing out for years- including but not limited to: providing barriers to our own junior program, accusations of cheating by merging, renaming our club and slurs against our past and present coaches and presidents.

Heaven forbid an obvious p take about recruiting 3 senior players hurts some feelings.

Good luck for the rest of the year. I think there is a chance we could play each other next year or the year after and like Ormond we represent ourselves well post match in the rooms and I'm sure we will all have a good laugh at online banter.

JR

Thanks mate. To expand for you, I'm very much enjoying the meltdown from your clubs supporters and the irony in the claims of hypocrisy.

Two things seem evident to me.

1. Our clubs short, medium and long term prospects in all manners have well and truly flipped.

2. You're unable to handle the same banter you've been handing out for years- including but not limited to: providing barriers to our own junior program, accusations of cheating by merging, renaming our club and slurs against our past and present coaches and presidents.

Heaven forbid an obvious p take about recruiting 3 senior players hurts some feelings.

Good luck for the rest of the year. I think there is a chance we could play each other next year or the year after and like Ormond we represent ourselves well post match in the rooms and I'm sure we will all have a good laugh at online banter.

JR

What a history of under achieving and then try to justify it by trying to steal from others . My son went to McKinnon Secondary and got pressured by some there . From what I hear the rest rooms at functions get a good run .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a history of under achieving and then try to justify it by trying to steal from others . My son went to McKinnon Secondary and got pressured by some there . From what I hear the rest rooms at functions get a good run .

For the 1000th time. They are not your property. You own no one and if you're club environment was so good or ours so bad- you would have an u19s this year.

For the 1000th time. They are not your property. You own no one and if you're club environment was so good or ours so bad- you would have an u19s this year.
FFS ever heard of the pressure put on these kids at the school , it is a f ing public school , not private and that's what happening . Love to say what i really want to

If you are having a function, then drinks will be had and the toilet will therefore be extremely necessary. Donā€™t see this being a big problem.
Unless you are taking about the white ladyā€¦
Nose candyā€¦
Geez Gun..you are more hip than the hippster when it comes to our crazy youth..

FFS ever heard of the pressure put on these kids at the school , it is a f ing public school , not private and that's what happening . Love to say what i really want to
Again what about the pressure Ormond put on the SFL to prevent GEs junior program. Don't come back with the usual that it had nothing to do with the senior club. Same jumpers, same name, same barrel of apples. Your club has nothing but denigrated us from the word go. So watch your own glass house and stop throwing stones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again what about the pressure Ormond put on the SFL to prevent GEs junior program. Don't come back with the usual that it had nothing to do with the senior club. Same jumpers, same name, same barrel of apples. Your club has nothing but denigrated us from the word go. So watch your own glass house and stop throwing stones.
Listen for the 100th time OAFC never had an issue OJFC, Caulfield , Murrumbeena and St Pauls all voted against it . What was your club really called , maybe start juniors under that name .

As an outsider itā€™s interesting that GE are on top of the grade and have two u19 teams, they look like they are going to be a really strong club both now and in the future.

It sounds like all clubs in the area need to be on notice and work harder to both retain and recruit talent.

In regards to Ormond, theyā€™re a great ammo club, and were a great team 35-40 odd years ago. But that was a long time ago, before any of their current squad was born, letā€™s hope they can start posting some wins and create their own history, because the VAFA would be all the better for it.

Clearly, you know little about the Monders. Or, dare I say, across the posting here on the matter at hand as most of the more direct comment that you call "carry on" about the 'incident' was not from Monder people. Including pointing out your mob giving the perpetrator an accolade post-game. People with a record of insightful posting, btw.

So let me add to your sparse knowledge.

Ormond is a club that has a long and rich history inextricably tied to war service.

A club that has reached out to other clubs experiencing tough times, including donating funds.

A club that insists on its people attending after-match functions out of respect for the opposition, no matter what the matchday outcome was.

What the club is not is one that wilfully and unethically plunders another club's junior football program.

What the club is not is one that would publicly rejoice in self-seeking deplorable behaviour, including posting uninformed "gossip" about the club they had pillaged.

And to top it off one of the pillagers had the temerity to ask people here to show some "class". Then cites as an exemplar (the Lasso character) someone who preached a philosophy that is so far removed from his club's overt behaviour that they aren't in the same stratosphere. Not to mention his elderly compatriot having a crack at other posters for posting out of their divvy, when he's a past master at it. The hypocrisy is gobsmacking.

Regrettably, indecent behaviour seems to be acceptable and pays off these days, as we see worldwide in sports and politics.

Back to the Sherrin. With the Monders effectively out of it, I'm on Old Ivanhoe, another club with a strong culture.
You left off, paid huge money in 80s to stay in A Grade

Remove this Banner Ad

C Section Prem C - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back