A Section Premier 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS desperate for a win and at home
OT desperate for a win and at home (Ramsdens farewell???)
OC beat OX away now have them at home!!!!

Am l dreaming????
Panthers pinch 4th spot and play OX again the following week!!!!!!! Any way it ain't over till its over. (Thats from the 70's)

Good work galloper, nice stuff. Think you are right about Peterson sorry to say, hate to lose him but will be drafted to somewhere.

By the way Rah Rah did you get to the sausage sizzle on Saturday????
If Peterson gets a second chance, Howart should be a monty. Have seen them twice and Peterson was exciting but Howart a machine. Must have had 50 odd possessions both times, and once in a losing team. Dont know if that says more about Peterson or Howart, i will let you all decide?

I would normally tick "quote message in reply" but we'd go over 3 pages now Galloping. What a revelation. Between you and Mrs Ken Griffey Senior, the last 2 rounds of BigFooty has produced two certain starters for VAFA Communications in 2012. When you get to Shollywood, please remember what made you famous, and do not rest on your laurels. Never give yourself a silly name for your article. Oe a silly picture as the header. Never load up on inconsistencies. Never let your blind love of Old Xavs colour your editorials.

I look forward to your A Grade team of 2011.
Personally, I will be delivering the BigFooty team of 2011. Now I bet you're all looking forward to that!

PS - Carlton, the Rah never misses a snag at in front of the Kevin Murray stand.

If Peterson gets a second chance, Howart should be a monty. Have seen them twice and Peterson was exciting but Howart a machine. Must have had 50 odd possessions both times, and once in a losing team. Dont know if that says more about Peterson or Howart, i will let you all decide?

Totally agree re Howat, absolutley awesome and a great clubman but thinking as a recruiter Petreson been out of system 1 year, Howat 3? so Peterson on the radar. Not sure of age difference between the 2 either which would be a factor. Howat had 40+ in last few games and a thinker.

a1117.gif

Better late than never... :)

How Freebaser went from 1 last week to 5 this week is one of life's little mysteries.

a1117.gif

Better late than never... :)

How Freebaser went from 1 last week to 5 this week is one of life's little mysteries.
I noticed that you had cut off all the people who had stopped tipping and that i was dead last rather than fifth last and that id better lift my game

My tips...........

Legends Game at Panther land.....Black team by 3 goals

Now the other tips

STBM On their dung heap
OS. To help the Panthers
OC OX haven't been to Bulleen since 1978
OT Ramsden farewell, helps Panthers
Coll Can't lose 4 in a row going into finals

Good luck lads....someone...or sometwo have to go to B....who will it be???
5pm Saturday will tell all.

posted my tips on tuesday i think but will reaffirm my week of upsets
OM
OS
OC
OT

And OH- well no cant do this one even with some of my avid dreaming above- Collegians to win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Muppet!

Tips

SBMT
DLS
Xavs
Blues
Collegians

Dont think the OMs will stay up youlike???

Maybe u should put your money where you mouth is? If they win you banish yourself from the A-Section thread and do us all a favour.

Fantastic Round to finish the home and away season!

SBMT (home ground too much for OMs but will be a batlle royal)
DLS (will amazingly sneak in to the final four)
OX (again this will be a ripping battle but Xavs have better form of late)
Trins (at home they can upset Blues)
OH ( injury hit Colls are spluttering and will miss the double chance)

Final Four for mine: SBMT XAVS Colls DLS
Relegation: OM & OH

Scotch the luckiest Club to survive.

OSOM

Fantastic Round to finish the home and away season!

SBMT (home ground too much for OMs but will be a batlle royal)
DLS (will amazingly sneak in to the final four)
OX (again this will be a ripping battle but Xavs have better form of late)
Trins (at home they can upset Blues)
OH ( injury hit Colls are spluttering and will miss the double chance)

Final Four for mine: SBMT XAVS Colls DLS
Relegation: OM & OH

Scotch the luckiest Club to survive.

OSOM
A little late for a rant, will save it for when i know whats what and all that.
OM's in a thriller.
DLS. Scotch can't fluke it twice in a row.
OX yes slightly better form line (panthers flogged by OM's last week)
Blues by a kick.
Jumper clash at Mckinnon - purple v magenta. how horrible. purple easy.

Dont think the OMs will stay up youlike???

Maybe u should put your money where you mouth is? If they win you banish yourself from the A-Section thread and do us all a favour.

Ok so

1 - not coming back to the thread doesn't require money so you might want to rethink your little bet.

2 - if you (and Godyeah) had actually looked at the ladder you would have realised Trinity were below Scotch so if OS lost and OMs won OT would be in the drop zone

3 - OS won OMs lost eat a dick and enjoy B Section next year

Oh well season over for 6. Panthers outplayed, OS survive, OM and OH to B. Time get the Panther jacket dry cleaned and wait for next year.
Prediction for the medal. Cam Howat, brilliant again today in losing side. Premiership....OX who else.
Can't wait to see the teams of the year from you blokes. How many Panthers??? By the way in the Legends game at OC today the black team won agaian in case any of you had a bet which reminds me.....have lost on the Panthers at $21...damn. But got paid out on Juddy!!!!! good night, my legs are killing me after game thios morning!!!!

Not too many good words start with the letter Aaaah. Regret. Religion. Redhead. Richmond. Rupertswood. Richo-man (remember him).

The Rah awoke today to a daunting prospect. How to get to Mentone. It’s one of those places, seems just down the road from Brahton, but in reality (there’s another one of those pesky R Words) it’s another world away. And its another world. Seems when Melbourne’s forefathers planned the rail lines they knew a thing or two – popping Mentone on the Frankston lahn, whilst giving Brahton 3 stations on its own laahn which eventually got extended to Sahndy. Amazing that two places so relatively close can be so different. In Brahton, grass is green. Not so at Brindisi. In Brahton beer is not drunk on the hill during the game. Things are different down Parkdale way. Even the smells are different. As I walked the schnoodle on Brahton Beach oval this morning, there was a warm sea breeze blowing the scent of spring blossom down from the Dendy St bathing boxes. By the tahm I got to Brindisi, there was a distinct hint of e-coli on the wind blowing off the bay. Now that I mention it, that reminds of me of two other things located very close to one another which smell quite different, but I know if I refer to St Benedicts as either of them then the moderator may well give me a clip, so enough with the female anatomy lessons, and back to the footy.

OM’s were up and about and with 2 minutes to play to half time led by 4 goals. St Boris kicked two in 30 seconds, got their collective tails up at the break, and ran all over the dark blue brigade in the 2nd half. They are a class act (well, there football is), and they shall be hard to beat in September.

And so the Rah removed the wheel clamps from the Rangey and bid a hasty retreat (yep, another one). Straight to Church Street. To contemplate the worst R word of all…………..relegation. Being on the receiving end of this is very hard to take (though I suspect one of the field umpahrs today wouldn’t mahnd being on the receiving end every now and then – pretty sure he had aah lahner on).

A quick pizza at the Pantry, and a bottle of Henschke (even have to start drinking like a B Grader now), and now I am at home. As I sit here locked away in the drawing room, resplendent in my smoking jacket and watching the ice slowly disappear into this large glass of Laphroaig single malt old scotch, I am trying to solve one of lahf’s great mysteries – how such a putrid football club can carry the name of such a fahn beverage? It’s almost criminal. They would be better renaming themselves the Baccaaaahdi Breezers, or the Aahland Coolers. 7th again.

One's mahnd is also analysing the crumpled wreckage of season 2011. One can’t help but go over the ones that got away this year. Most of them went back to their husbands I guess, but its just so hard to let go. Especially when we cross paths in Church Street, or at school drop off. I favour a knowing wink, or just a nod - nobody lahks a scene!

I trust that you will all miss me, and perhaps pay the occasional visit to the B section forum to say hello. No doubt you will all miss the Junction Oval too. I will still have some familiar trips. To Carnegie to play the Bloods. And perhaps to Old Ivinghoe. I shall be able to ride my Segway to watch Old Brahton. And I shall look forward to my first ever trip to Oakleigh in 2012, and shall keep a watchful eye on the C section faahnals for my date with Werribee. One paht of the perfect year has come true for the team at SHOLLYWOOD. And now if Xavs can bring home the bacon, 2011 will be remembered as a fine vintage in the boardroom at HQ.

I dips me lid to The New Grammars for staying up. Panthers in particular.

So whilst Brendans, Collegians, Xavs and Blues shall now enjoy playing football in the Spring weather, all I have to thank Spring for is the return of the tennis skirts at school pick up. And the lahcra. Plenty of hahd yahds being put in by the ladies around here so that they look in top shape at Noooooosa, and of course for the carnival. Bring it on.

Farewell my friends, farewell.

SBMT vs OM
OS vs DLS
OC vs OX
OT vs UBL
OH vs COLL

No I haven't looked at the results, had them written down but didn't get them posted before leaving this morning for Elsternwick and the D1 semis. Heard that OT vs Blues was a draw though.

Well I've got last nights Lotto numbers written down here somewhere on a scrap of paper so time to get on the phone and claim my prize...:p:p:p

What's next OTP claiming the $10 in your back pocket was the winning ticket in HQ's Bogus Irish Raffle:cool::cool:.

Can't imagine hiw you didn't tip the draw at Marles???

And duly noted you managed 5/5 in B Section too!

Next time how about you get one of Benny's men or women in white to witness with signature your written down tips, scan it and then post it on BigFooty...that's a case we just can't dispute..otherwise we'll all cop a Melee fine!!!

OSOM

"I dips me lid to The New Grammars for staying up. Panthers in particular. "

even the Rah, who has enjoyed taunting the Panthers all season, had the good grace to say well done. Bigfooty fan may well be Richo Man or Hummer in disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back