A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see footy posts returning, maybe the trolls will go away now.

Love the synopsis Jimmyjack, agree with majority of the report

For mine:

Xavs
De La
Colls
Uni Blues
Scotch
Carey
CG
St Bern
Trin
St Bedes

I think the St Bedes scenario is like watching a train crash about to happen.

Hang on!

cheers

CC

Brave call to stick your neck out this early so well done to those having a crack. Very little to separate the top 5 or 6. Colls and Xavs both very strong and can’t see them falling away. Xavs depth is exceptional. Uni Blues to improve. 4th last year and have added some guns - Summers & Nash to name a few. De La’s 2011 ruined by injury but despite playing 50 blokes in the seniors they went within a whisker of playing finals. Knocked off the premier twice, 2s won the flag and their unders have played in the last 6 GFs. Depth and young talent to burn. Lack the big names of some other clubs but some key players returning. They will be right amongst it. Really like Carey this year and they could be anything. Top end is exceptional. Good luck trying to cover Howit, Rowe, Rimington, Yze, Parton and others. Only question mark is if 3 or 4 key players get long-term injuries they will really struggle to cover them. Their ressies were ordinary last year. Scotch a bit of an unknown. Great finish to 2011 and the word from Camberwell is that they are confident about their chances this year. Sorry just don’t know enough about Caulfield and Bernies but pre-season form has been very solid and they are to be respected. Trinity claimed some big scalps at Marles and tough to beat at home but just lack the overall class of the others. St Bedes issues well documented. While 2012 might be tough they will bounce back. A very strong U19s list and some good youngsters coming through. No easy games in A grade for 2012. After H & A:

Colls
Xavs
Uni Blues
De La
Carey
Scotch
CG
St Bern
Trin
St Bedes

B & F Summers UB
Goal Kicking Sauntner Colls
Rising Star J. Williams De La

Is this bloke any relation to the Williams already running around?
In relation to all predictions, there is some mighty fine stuff on here for the first week of April pre round 1! I agree with the Carey comments, their top 6-7 are extremely hard to compete with, they will definitely give things a shake!
Xavier and Colls still the teams to beat no doubt, but i think Uni and De La will close the gap and make it much more of a dog fight this year. Will be mighty tight at the top come september!

Is this bloke any relation to the Williams already running around?
In relation to all predictions, there is some mighty fine stuff on here for the first week of April pre round 1! I agree with the Carey comments, their top 6-7 are extremely hard to compete with, they will definitely give things a shake!
Xavier and Colls still the teams to beat no doubt, but i think Uni and De La will close the gap and make it much more of a dog fight this year. Will be mighty tight at the top come september!

That’s what ‘predictions’ are all about. Waiting until we are few rounds in would allow a far more accurate assessment but wheres the challenge in that? Consensus seems to be Xavs, Colls, Blues, De La & Carey to fight it out.

And yes Jacob is younger brother of Sam.

Was not having a go Jimmy i am genuinely admirable of the level of interest and knowledge for pre season. I am all over Carey, reckon they are gonna throw a spanner in the works at the top this year.

Was not having a go Jimmy i am genuinely admirable of the level of interest and knowledge for pre season. I am all over Carey, reckon they are gonna throw a spanner in the works at the top this year.

Love reading all the upbeat posts about the Panthers, time will tell. Have gained some good ones but lost some too. Getting some back from long term injuries that hardly played at all last year who are virtually new recruits.

As already mentioned top 6 are exceptional, next 6 very good but depth is a real issue and has been for as long as l can remember.

Not going to see the first game against St Bedes who have grabbed all the headlines so far this year ......how will they go???

Can't wait...................... GO PANTHERS

Love reading all the upbeat posts about the Panthers, time will tell. Have gained some good ones but lost some too. Getting some back from long term injuries that hardly played at all last year who are virtually new recruits.

As already mentioned top 6 are exceptional, next 6 very good but depth is a real issue and has been for as long as l can remember.

Not going to see the first game against St Bedes who have grabbed all the headlines so far this year ......how will they go???

Can't wait...................... GO PANTHERS

Pleased you know what's going on down at Dunshea, CARLTON2011. I've heard virtually nothing from them since December.

Pleased you know what's going on down at Dunshea, CARLTON2011. I've heard virtually nothing from them since December.

PresEX l have been following the clearances to and fro on the Ammo web site. Newsletter next week l am told......surely you have been hit for the annual???? Like all Clubs there are losess and gains on the player front. See you at the games, usual spot for the home games, next to the canteen at the away games!!! Got 6 of first 9 away so the oppositions canteens are in for some early season profits......

PresEX l have been following the clearances to and fro on the Ammo web site. Newsletter next week l am told......surely you have been hit for the annual???? Like all Clubs there are losess and gains on the player front. See you at the games, usual spot for the home games, next to the canteen at the away games!!! Got 6 of first 9 away so the oppositions canteens are in for some early season profits......

Looking forward to sampling some great food at the A Grade canteens this year.

If any better than SKOB then I will be ok.

All the best

bon appetit

CC

anyone else get the feeling this will be the A sections strongest comp in some years?

great to see.. are there any final a grade praccy matches this w/e?

anyone else get the feeling this will be the A sections strongest comp in some years?

great to see.. are there any final a grade praccy matches this w/e?

Was a very strong and close comp last year but might even go up a notch this year.

De La V Uni Blues at the Bell on Saturday. Will be interesting to see if both clubs show their hand or hold a few back.

My tips just to get the ball rolling
De La to beat OS
Caulfield to beat Bernies
OX to beat OT
OC to beat St Bedes
Blues to beat Collegians

Happy tipping everyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any results from the weekend?

De La V Uni Blues.

According to De La website
UB won combined 2s/3s by about 4 goals.
UB won seniors by 3 goals.
I’m told De La won the 19s by more than 20 goals.

I saw the seniors game. Pretty intense high quality match. Reckon both camps will be reasonably happy with what they saw.

I watched Collegians vs. Old Carey, was quite a highly skilled game which Collegians won comfortably by 30-40 points. Laidler I think he name was from OC seemed to like throwing punches!

Have enjoyed the banter thus far lads! Keep up the good work.
Tips for the weekend:
De La
Caulfield
Xavs
Carey
Collegians

De La to beat OS, good luck Powelly!
Caulfield to beat Bernies, Caulfield to stay up.
OX to beat OT, is Rambo still playing?
St Bedes to win against Old Carey, not as many retirements as rumoured.
Purple Lions to salute, match of the round, a real flip of the coin.

De La
Bernards
Xavs
OC
Collegians

De La Salle vs Old Scotch
Caulfield Grammarians vs St.Bernards
Old Trinity vs Old Xaverians
St.Bedes vs Old Carey
Uni Blues vs Collegians

Not tipping any games with any real confidence! St Bernards unknown quantity and could easily beat Caulfield, De La average against Uni and could get rolled this weekend. Carey impress me but St.Bedes at Brindisi is a rough place to go and take the four points. Uni look to be in great form and have some good pickups, but cant tip against Collegians first up. Only lock for mine this week is Xavs, they should give Trinity a right smacking out there.

Good luck to all, what a belting first round we have on the cards!

De La Salle vs Old Scotch
Caulfield Grammarians vs St.Bernards
Old Trinity vs Old Xaverians
St.Bedes vs Old Carey
Uni Blues vs Collegians

Not tipping any games with any real confidence! St Bernards unknown quantity and could easily beat Caulfield, De La average against Uni and could get rolled this weekend. Carey impress me but St.Bedes at Brindisi is a rough place to go and take the four points. Uni look to be in great form and have some good pickups, but cant tip against Collegians first up. Only lock for mine this week is Xavs, they should give Trinity a right smacking out there.

Good luck to all, what a belting first round we have on the cards!

DE LA over Scotch
XAVS over Trinity
COLLEGIANS over Blues
CAREY over Bedes
and BERNARD'S to get revenge over Caulfield

wouldn't mind being involved in this years tipping.

old carey by 4 goals
old xavs by 20 goals
St Bernards by 1 goal
Collegians by 2 goals
De La by 5 goals

St Bernards will be most interesting result of the round. Have recruited lots of players. are these senior? thirds? clubbies? or a mix. Caulfield very young team.

Old boys might be getting around the club for another tilt at the A grade flag.

I'd say they'll be back up for a long time

Things a bit shaky at de la? lost 6 senior players now by my count. Has their time in the sun come and gone?

xavs, uni, collegians only 3 genuine contenders this year for mine

wouldn't mind being involved in this years tipping.

old carey by 4 goals
old xavs by 20 goals
St Bernards by 1 goal
Collegians by 2 goals
De La by 5 goals

St Bernards will be most interesting result of the round. Have recruited lots of players. are these senior? thirds? clubbies? or a mix. Caulfield very young team.

Old boys might be getting around the club for another tilt at the A grade flag.

I'd say they'll be back up for a long time

Things a bit shaky at de la? lost 6 senior players now by my count. Has their time in the sun come and gone?

xavs, uni, collegians only 3 genuine contenders this year for mine

I guess time will tell if they are still a contender but the comment about losing 6 senior players is an interesting one? Only 1 loss from their best 22 with another on the fringe of being in their best side. The others have played more reserves then senior games or have barely played due to injury. Gains easily outweigh the losses plus some good players returning from injury. Quite rightly Uni Blues are rated very highly and while practice match form does not count for much there was not a lot between UB and De La on Saturday.

De La Salle vs Old Scotch- 2 goals
Caulfield Grammarians vs St.Bernards- 20 points
Old Trinity vs Old Xaverians- 10 goals
St.Bedes vs Old Carey- 5 goals
Uni Blues vs Collegians- 1 goal

over and out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back