A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing AMO's for fun ! lets clear the deck, some fantastic players through all the grades, some great warriors and legends who have stayed true to their clubs from the outset, they amonsgt others within the club incl committee reps and volunteers are what the true amo ethos is all about, these are the people that provide great stories and yarns over the years which is part of their clubs folklore.

Some players over all grades have benefitted no doubt from terrific networks within the amos whereby they have made genuine efforts to meet greet new people within and others from oppo clubs over the years which has led to job opportunities. Thats the true amo which can be associated with FUN.

Then unfortunately we have the short view within so many clubs, not all but quite a few and premier ones too along with others. Win a flag no matter what, turn a blind eye, shrug the shoulders and say I don't know anything whilst people that are very closely associated with their clubs chase big names and say what will it take ? house furnishings, pay rent, brown bags, cars for a year or so, assistance with reno's, the list goes on and on. Then the player may stick around for 1 maybe 2 years but bigger coin beckons elsewhere and the prick leaves and the process starts again or they stick around and keep getting their benefits whilst Other team mates have no idea.

Do whatever it takes, whats worse is good people know and in knowing they become like others, scum, they end up undoing all the good others did for their clubs long ago. Big names from pro leagues should cease, we don't need them, nor do we need clubs raiding other clubs best players. The Amos should be built around true community spirit as it was many years ago, where mates played with mates and enjoy a frothy afterwards.

The VAFA will tell us the VAFA can't compete when it comes to playing rep matches, so what, we have plenty of our own. If they won't budge and change the rules then introduce a points system for 22 players each game. Ex pro league players so many points, ex AFL so many points, ex State leagues, VFL, SANFL etc so many points, recruits from another amo clubs so many points and so on.

Its time we got fair dinkum and dealt properly with recruiting, we have to grow but grow within solid boundarys.

continued..... the rewards should be for the clubs whose committees and players build a true culture and strong values within the club environment and operate truly within the VAFA rules. Not the clubs who take the scum approach and win a flag and before u know it they have slipped a grade two quickly because the effort cannot be sustained.

continued..... the rewards should be for the clubs whose committees and players build a true culture and strong values within the club environment and operate truly within the VAFA rules. Not the clubs who take the scum approach and win a flag and before u know it they have slipped a grade two quickly because the effort cannot be sustained.

Galloping, the rules relating to the recruiting of players from professional competitions were gradualy relaxed over a period of time and were totalling deleted about seven years ago and replaced with the existing arrangement, recruit from any competition so long as the player plays an amateur. This is really what the clubs at the time wanted and the vote to change the rule was all but unanimous. The rule change also reflected changing community standards.

Were you involved in the VAFA at the time of reinstatements? Are you really advocating returning to the system of the reinstatement of professional players to amateur status?

Your suggestion of a points system is impracticable. You would need an army of workers to administer the system.

Posts that long should be illegal. Would love some inside gossip from xavs if anyone has any. Uni Blues and Collegians both recruited well to cap already strong lists and it sounds like they are plugging along nicely. Xavs quietly going about their business, not many transfers on vafa.com yet. Take absolutely nothing from that praccy match result or any other for that matter

Galloping, the rules relating to the recruiting of players from professional competitions were gradualy relaxed over a period of time and were totalling deleted about seven years ago and replaced with the existing arrangement, recruit from any competition so long as the player plays an amateur. This is really what the clubs at the time wanted and the vote to change the rule was all but unanimous. The rule change also reflected changing community standards.

Was it a coincidence that the SA and WA Amateurs started to field ex Afl WAFL and SANFL players in Amateur Carnival sides and started beating the VAFA???
I think not - VAFA changed largely to keep on top of their interstate mates!

THE EYE
:p

Was it a coincidence that the SA and WA Amateurs started to field ex Afl WAFL and SANFL players in Amateur Carnival sides and started beating the VAFA???
I think not - VAFA changed largely to keep on top of their interstate mates!​

THE EYE

The VAFA has a history of paying sides coming in and running out of money. St Pius in the 80s were one b/c I was there. Into VAFA 1979 F Grade - Premiers Promoted 1980 and 82 -1983 third C grade - 1984 No money - no players so we disbanded after Committee couldn't come up with the bikkies about round 5?

Which VAFA clubs did we then go to for cash - you guessed it! They are still in A/B/C now!

THE $$ EYE
:eek:

Posts that long should be illegal. Would love some inside gossip from xavs if anyone has any. Uni Blues and Collegians both recruited well to cap already strong lists and it sounds like they are plugging along nicely. Xavs quietly going about their business, not many transfers on vafa.com yet. Take absolutely nothing from that praccy match result or any other for that matter

Don't know about Xavs but Caulfield and Carey look to be putting together some very strong lists. Any news from OT?

The VAFA has a history of paying sides coming in and running out of money. St Pius in the 80s were one b/c I was there. Into VAFA 1979 F Grade - Premiers Promoted 1980 and 82 -1983 third C grade - 1984 No money - no players so we disbanded after Committee couldn't come up with the bikkies about round 5?

Which VAFA clubs did we then go to for cash - you guessed it! They are still in A/B/C now!​

THE $$ EYE

:eek:
You are probably correct about St Pius. Korvette Stores were connected with St Pius when the club folded.

Are you prepared to name the clubs who you say are still in A/B/C?

You are probably correct about St Pius. Korvette Stores were connected with St Pius when the club folded.

Are you prepared to name the clubs who you say are still in A/B/C?

your kidding.

this 'lady' TROLL backing up her statements (BFB or MRSV)- Id like to see that!!

she has history of trolling up with no facts or response

don't worry about this TROLL.

Cheers

CC

I know this is a strange concept that some people who are involved in surburan comps cannot grasp, but there are actually some very, very good footballers around that are happy playing for nothing, aka fun!!

Go Nodders,
I completely concur. I have been involved with the Ammos as well as suburban clubs and I can tell you the Ammo's is truly grass roots and when you succeed you really feel like you have accomplished something. Having said that there are players that see no problem in being paid for their services and there are clubs that will sell their souls to buy a premiership.
That's life. Now can Caulfield survive in A Grade this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been quite a bit of scuttlebutt floating around about Carey but not much about Caulfield. Who have they secured to boost their ranks?

I told you a few posts ago AM.

Secured some big name country players and ripped them away from any $$ that may have come their way in those leagues.

Mail is 3 of them will make a massive impact and good on 'em

Cheers

'Choccie out the blockie"

CC

your kidding.

this 'lady' TROLL backing up her statements (BFB or MRSV)- Id like to see that!!

Cheers

Thanks for the Additional Info No 31 - I doubt CC Uncle Sorbent would understand how Korvette Stores were connected with St Pius & underpinned the club?? Didn't realise that naming my own club was not backing up my statement! Basically the Catholic trail was where a majority went. Try Therry for a start & yes some to NOBS [Cryptic - burnt wood] + yes one to St Kevs. Next you will want names & addresses!

I really think that you should be the one answering posters - numerous times you have avided the questions Sorbent.

Check this one CC ............... CIS in LHAH.

THE EYE
:rolleyes:

I think not - VAFA changed largely to keep on top of their interstate mates!​

THE EYE

The AAFC changed the definition of an 'amateur footballer' in 1977, bit hard to accuse the VAFA of the reason you suggested as all states could make their own reinstatement guidelines after this date. Maybe the VAFAs reinstatement guidelines were broader than the other states!

your kidding.

Cheers

Thanks for the Additional Info No 31 - I doubt CC Uncle Sorbent would understand how Korvette Stores were connected with St Pius & underpinned the club?? Didn't realise that naming my own club was not backing up my statement! Basically the Catholic trail was where a majority went. Try Therry for a start & yes some to NOBS [Cryptic - burnt wood] + yes one to St Kevs. Next you will want names & addresses!​

I really think that you should be the one answering posters - numerous times you have avided the questions Sorbent.​

Check this one CC ............... CIS in LHAH.​

THE EYE

:rolleyes:

I worked with a guy who played with St Pius and he told me a bit about Korvette Stores and St Pius. This guy also suggested that St Pius went 'professional' too soon afer joining the VAFA.

Don't know about Xavs but Caulfield and Carey look to be putting together some very strong lists. Any news from OT?
Thought I’d bump this one Freebaser. Someone butted in with a post full of useless general info that left us none the wiser. Who are the additions to the Carey list you think will give them more on-field oomph this year? Apart from Damien Yze.

Not sure I have much on either club either than what I have heard here. At Old Carey, Rimington played In SANFL gf and will improve their top-line depth, and for Caulfield Matt Kremmer is a gun, an ex Caulfield boy returning from the bush.
My feelings were more on the basis of a Carey team that was solid but lacked depth improving second year around, and a very strong promoted team in Caulfield adding strong country talent to list.

Nothing coming from OT way including no transfers in yet. I know every year they are tipped for relegation and every year they sneak home but...
I was hoping to spark some conversation other than the 6monthly paid v not paid crud.

Time to get the ball rolling:

1) Old Xavs
As previously stated, lost little, will probably gain more, dont lose 2 in a row and will be smarting from last year. Pretty good team as well.

2) Collegians
Too well drilled and disciplined to not be in the final 2 again this year. Apart from Taft, havent heard of too may of the premiership side not going around.

3) Old Carey
With Freebaser on this, have quality top end in Howat and Rowe and will be better for the run last year. Few more top enders make it hard to stop them all for all of the time.

4) De La
Back in the mix this year. Few good players have left for coin but with their players back from injuries will be in it again. Sam Pickett best young player in the comp.

5) Old Caulfield
To repeat the Carey model from last year. Very impressed with their organised approach in the finals last year.

6) Old Scotch
Not a word from OS so far this pre season which means they may go ok. New coaches to have an impact.

7) St Bernards
Back with the N-W swagger. Expect to hit the ground running and chalk up enough wins to survive. Question marks on if they can handle increased workrate. Merrington a key obviously.

8) Uni Blues
Slidder 1 - Can a change in coach make the difference after hanging around the first semi for a few years? I say not. Undisciplined last year and cant see them changing quickly enough. Watts to keep them up.

9) St Beded
Slidder 2 - Before I get abused, lets start with Anstey, Phibbs, Tyquin, Collins, Juice Wintle, Barnhoon, Corda, Holden, Hellier (at least for some as trying VFL), Jeans, Liston, Kowalski, Nicholls, Pendelbury, Skabib (out for year with knee), Scafidi, Mouritz etc - These are their best and also multiple squad players. Rumours are that they will not field a 3's side this year and I just cant see them being able to hold it despite their renowned spirit.

10) Old Trinity
Not this year - brave but not good enough compared to the rest.

1.Uni Blues- picked up some quality players, another year with watts in the coaching panel. think they will be the team to beat.

2-4 OX , Collegians and DLS - Old Xavierians may have one of the strongest list in the comp, havnt lost many and have picked up few good young VFL players, will be right up there. Collegians very similar to OX, only way i can see them struggling is if teams go past them. DLS - only one real loss from there best 22 is collins but they have the depth to replace him. Some big names to return from injury harrison,baxter,roberts,eddy to name a few plus heard they have picked up another young gun from collingwood. only missed finals by half a game last year.

followed by

5. Carey

6. Scotch

7. St.Bernards

8 St.Bedes

9. caulfield

10. trinity

Apparently Marcus "the Funk" O'Brien has lured down to St Bedes. The St Bedes President was quoted saying, "he carries a few, but he gets the ball out much like Diesel Williams. They will give him a hot dog after the game and a $5 betting voucher at the Kinga.
Good Luck Funk

1. OX
2. Collegians
3. Uni Blues
4. St Bernards
5. DLS
6. Carey
7. Caufield
8. St Bedes
9. Scotch
10. Trinity

League Medal- J. Bull (Collegians)

Goalkicking- Merrington (St Bernards)

Thoughts?

Brave call to stick your neck out this early so well done to those having a crack. Very little to separate the top 5 or 6. Colls and Xavs both very strong and can’t see them falling away. Xavs depth is exceptional. Uni Blues to improve. 4th last year and have added some guns - Summers & Nash to name a few. De La’s 2011 ruined by injury but despite playing 50 blokes in the seniors they went within a whisker of playing finals. Knocked off the premier twice, 2s won the flag and their unders have played in the last 6 GFs. Depth and young talent to burn. Lack the big names of some other clubs but some key players returning. They will be right amongst it. Really like Carey this year and they could be anything. Top end is exceptional. Good luck trying to cover Howit, Rowe, Rimington, Yze, Parton and others. Only question mark is if 3 or 4 key players get long-term injuries they will really struggle to cover them. Their ressies were ordinary last year. Scotch a bit of an unknown. Great finish to 2011 and the word from Camberwell is that they are confident about their chances this year. Sorry just don’t know enough about Caulfield and Bernies but pre-season form has been very solid and they are to be respected. Trinity claimed some big scalps at Marles and tough to beat at home but just lack the overall class of the others. St Bedes issues well documented. While 2012 might be tough they will bounce back. A very strong U19s list and some good youngsters coming through. No easy games in A grade for 2012. After H & A:

Colls
Xavs
Uni Blues
De La
Carey
Scotch
CG
St Bern
Trin
St Bedes

B & F Summers UB
Goal Kicking Sauntner Colls
Rising Star J. Williams De La

Are St Bernards and/or Caulfield a chance to play finals footy in 2012?, both teams seem to be on the improve, theres a large degree of ambiguity surrounding there promotion to A grade, with many new and young exciting players, thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back