A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to see a cracker Carey and Scotch, if A.Yze plays give the points to OC now, all over red rover

So one player is going to make the difference in an A Grade amateur game? I highly doubt that, all of the top 5-6 teams have the ability to shut down a player. No doubt he is a dead set gun and a legitimate superstar at this level, but if that is what your team relies on, you are not going to compete against the top teams on a consistent basis. 22 Blokes playing for each other who want to have a dip will beat a team of 10 guns any day of the week.

Yze plays when Hawks don't play Saturday day or Sat night interstate, as he's a runner. Will be a great game at Bulleen, you would think a very big crowd. Carey wins and they are still only 50/50 to play finals. Carey v DLS a 50/50 game at best later on. Xavs spluttering, I'm tipping Collegians to win flag by 6-8 goals now. I'm not liking the vibe coming out of there at the moment. Too many dual plus premiership players who may not be able to go back to the well again. Its all in the head now. Wesley seem hungry and in the right zone.

Game will be won in the guts like always. 1,3,4,6,7,10,23 far more important to Carey than either Yze.
Both teams have showed this year they can play good, slick footy. Your claim has no base, but like always any opinion welcome on BF. More banter the better. FF, if you are a Scotchy, tell me why the jumper colour change? I used to really like the brighter red.

Game will be won in the guts like always. 1,3,4,6,7,10,23 far more important to Carey than either Yze.
Both teams have showed this year they can play good, slick footy. Your claim has no base, but like always any opinion welcome on BF. More banter the better. FF, if you are a Scotchy, tell me why the jumper colour change? I used to really like the brighter red.
You can say that again. Looking at their score line last week their "guts" were pretty ordinary. From what I hear their best scoring session happened in the last 10 minutes of the last qtr, affectionately known as "junk time". I wouldnt be looking for to much solace in their Ressies either, 1 goal in a game of footy. Scotchies for me.

You can say that again. Looking at their score line last week their "guts" were pretty ordinary. From what I hear their best scoring session happened in the last 10 minutes of the last qtr, affectionately known as "junk time". I wouldnt be looking for to much solace in their Ressies either, 1 goal in a game of footy. Scotchies for me.
Suffice to say they were competative early, but did drop away till the end drew near.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SBMT v DLS
Carey v Scotchies
Trinity v Blues
Bernies v Collegians (hoping that this will be the upset of the round)​
Xavs v Caulfield​
:footy:

Great game at Carey today. Scotch by 4 pts. Could have gone either way. 44 blokes stuffed at games end. One of those matches with heaps of tackles, smothers etc. Hamish Dick BOG and single handedly dragged Scotch over the line. Must have had 40 plus and so influential. Absolutely brilliant effort by him. First time I have seen him play. Carey will be disappointed, had enough of it but struggled up forward. Lost 2 key forwards mid match and looked impotent after that. Couple of great late snaps by Scotch into a wind got them over the line. Scotch can def make the GF against Collegians on that form and heart.

Great game at Carey today. Scotch by 4 pts. Could have gone either way. 44 blokes stuffed at games end. One of those matches with heaps of tackles, smothers etc. Hamish Dick BOG and single handedly dragged Scotch over the line. Must have had 40 plus and so influential. Absolutely brilliant effort by him. First time I have seen him play. Carey will be disappointed, had enough of it but struggled up forward. Lost 2 key forwards mid match and looked impotent after that. Couple of great late snaps by Scotch into a wind got them over the line. Scotch can def make the GF against Collegians on that form and heart.

The way that De La and Xavs are playing that looks pretty likely! Can see Scotch touching up De La quite easily, and Xavier have been only just winning for the past month or so. Huge test for Xavs next two weeks. Huge rivalry game at dairy Bell next Saturday then a semi-final preview against Collegians. At this point Collegians are hot, hot favourites.

De La just going at the moment. Unlike the effort at Scotch when they could not get near it they had plenty of the footy today but absolutely butchered it. D’s full forward kicked 0.7. It was that sort of day. St Bedes play that ground brilliantly and full credit to them. While the 4 is set the Xavs V De La game will be interesting to see if either of them can find some form. At the moment Collegians look a cut above everyone. Never easy to win at the pit and they are shortening for back-to-back flags with every round.

Looks like the top 4 is a wrap!!

Coll - $1.50
Xav's - $3.50
DeLa - $6.00
Scotch - $8.00

I wouldn't bet on it but going on current form Scotch could actually make it through to the big dance

Looks like the top 4 is a wrap!!

Coll - $1.50
Xav's - $3.50
DeLa - $6.00
Scotch - $8.00

I wouldn't bet on it but going on current form Scotch could actually make it through to the big dance
Coll, Xav's and DeLa's odds as per above are to far apart. I just think its a lot closer than that with the top 3 at the moment. Finals are a whole new ball game.

Coll, Xav's and DeLa's odds as per above are to far apart. I just think its a lot closer than that with the top 3 at the moment. Finals are a whole new ball game.

Next couple of weeks will prove interesting to watch, but what to be taken out of the games is another thing. With the top 3 pretty much set, the de la v xavs game at dairy bell and xavs v colls game at the mud pit surely will be used to fine tune and rest players rather than risking them. Especially the later game. I'm not sure either team will want to show their hand the week before, especially on the muddy ground of toorak park.

Next couple of weeks will prove interesting to watch, but what to be taken out of the games is another thing. With the top 3 pretty much set, the de la v xavs game at dairy bell and xavs v colls game at the mud pit surely will be used to fine tune and rest players rather than risking them. Especially the later game. I'm not sure either team will want to show their hand the week before, especially on the muddy ground of toorak park.

Agreed. I think De La vs Xavs will represent the finals sides for the two teams as both are trying to find some form. However RD 18 you can't imagine either team wanting to be a part of an "all day slopfest" 8 days before the first final. I also agree that the odds are a little far apart, on the bigger ground of sportscover it does tend to throw a few spanners in the works. I like De La/Scotch chances (whoever wins) in the prelim against Xavs/Collegians. Lets just bring on finals!

Still in pain over last weeks loss........ Hate to say it but credit to OS. Panther season may be heading similar way as 2011....Round 16 monster game but a loss (v Blues, 18 goals each but lost by 3 points).
Current form suggests OS are not there to make up numbers, OX and De La vunerable......interesting times ahead.
As previously mentioned "where" games played more a factor than who is playing who. Latest form says OX don't handle mud very well. Interesting times but at this point in time Collegians look the team to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back