A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotch have Dela covered, one side flying, the other capable but up one day down the next. Its like a good handicapper taking on the emerging WFA star.

I ventured out to watch last weeks preview of the 2nd semi. Good game of footy, if the good weather continues the Red and Black look like they ned to find some speed. Zimbachs inj didn't seem all that bad, Purples need him this week. The X men had the big fella Handley in the grandstands, such a vital key to their prospects when working with Ambrose who was very good except for some wayward shots late which could've seen Xavs get the chocolates.

Maybe a couple of changes for Xavs coming up, certainly one, big Chopper Handley, they get my nod this week.

Scotch have Dela covered, one side flying, the other capable but up one day down the next. Its like a good handicapper taking on the emerging WFA star.

I ventured out to watch last weeks preview of the 2nd semi. Good game of footy, if the good weather continues the Red and Black look like they ned to find some speed. Zimbachs inj didn't seem all that bad, Purples need him this week. The X men had the big fella Handley in the grandstands, such a vital key to their prospects when working with Ambrose who was very good except for some wayward shots late which could've seen Xavs get the chocolates.

Maybe a couple of changes for Xavs coming up, certainly one, big Chopper Handley, they get my nod this week.
Yep, was a good game. Coll score line seems to show they had the ball in their forward line often enough. Six straight behinds before first goal. Better kicking could have made a larger margin, most were set 'Kickable" shots. X men like to play the rolling scrum to wear the opposition down. If the ball is played out wide, their leg speed could be a problem. Mercuri must be doubtful (a runner). A lot resting on Handley's shoulders, as Ambrose failed to bother the scorer, although he tried hard.

Yep, was a good game. Coll score line seems to show they had the ball in their forward line often enough. Six straight behinds before first goal. Better kicking could have made a larger margin, most were set 'Kickable" shots. X men like to play the rolling scrum to wear the opposition down. If the ball is played out wide, their leg speed could be a problem. Mercuri must be doubtful (a runner). A lot resting on Handley's shoulders, as Ambrose failed to bother the scorer, although he tried hard.

Congratulations to Cam Howat (Old Carey) on winning the Woodrow last night. Big winner by 7 votes.

Scummy Scotch. Thought they were finally going to show up in a big game. I guess they keep their 'staying up in A grade' run going for another year. Disappointing club.

Scummy Scotch. Thought they were finally going to show up in a big game. I guess they keep their 'staying up in A grade' run going for another year. Disappointing club.

Harsh DG. Scotch pretty good today. Fantastic game of football and De La had to play very well to get the win. Not many gave De La a chance. Scotch a classy outfit but De La just harder at the footy. Scotch relied on their mids to kick the goals as the Ds defence right on top. Young Humphrey and Jarvis in particular were outstanding. Scotch a much improved team and have plenty to work with. Hill, G. Van Den Broek and McKinley seriously good young players.

Harsh DG. Scotch pretty good today. Fantastic game of football and De La had to play very well to get the win. Not many gave De La a chance. Scotch a classy outfit but De La just harder at the footy. Scotch relied on their mids to kick the goals as the Ds defence right on top. Young Humphrey and Jarvis in particular were outstanding. Scotch a much improved team and have plenty to work with. Hill, G. Van Den Broek and McKinley seriously good young players.
Confidence building win for your boys. Thought Scotch put the cue in the rack after your boys put some space between the two on the scoreboard in the last quarter. Guess it's hard to maintain the grit when you see the season is at an end.

Over the year I thought we saw a much better drilled, harder at it Scotch team than in previous years.

Confidence building win for your boys. Thought Scotch put the cue in the rack after your boys put some space between the two on the scoreboard in the last quarter. Guess it's hard to maintain the grit when you see the season is at an end.

Over the year I thought we saw a much better drilled, harder at it Scotch team than in previous years.
Good game both Sat and Sun.Weather, Sat very good, Sun couldnt get any better.
Now down to 3. Coll, Xavs and DeLa.
What are peoples thoughts on the impending outcomes???

I reckon the Scotch boys were harder at the ball, it was their skill errors that cost them. I would say OS won 60% of the hard ball but the D's were smarter, they always had 1-2 sitting off the pack and they use the ball very well, it really cut OS up a few times. As with most footy teams it's your bottom 6 players that really count and the D's were a lot more even all over the ground. Great match to watch thought, I loved the hard gut running by DeLa even their forwards work hard (no 19 worked his butt off a number of times, great to see)

Good luck to De La and Xav's this week, hopefully the weather is the same as yesterday

Really good game y'day, nothing in it, constantly both teams tackled hard, chase hard and tried to run and open up game when they got clear. Both defences were under enormous pressure, first Dela then Scotch. Both missed relatively easy shots on goal. The little bloke Shields with the mop of sandy hair for Dela was ferocious whilst the bald Hammer Dick was terrific for Scotch. Can Dela beat Xavs at EP when it counts ? Yes

Our boys lost their way in Ressies after looking in a really good position, Collegians just simply a lot cleaner in second half. Up to the 3's now, has been a disappointing year but not a disaster.

my tip fro the weekend is xavs in a close one just have the mental edge on the dees in finals. Xavs have been playing very poor lately but come finals they find another gear WATCH OUT.

my tip fro the weekend is xavs in a close one just have the mental edge on the dees in finals. Xavs have been playing very poor lately but come finals they find another gear WATCH OUT.
TM, you say Xavs find another gear in Finals....well last sat they must have been stuck in neutral.

VERY early but I heard a rumour old Xav's have already lined up a very handy recruit for next year, A current AFL player that’s hanging up the boots!!

If it's true I have no idea how they do it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xavs have never been afraid to win a flag via a prelim. By gears in finals, with Xavs, it is clearly the last two weeks.

I do not think they have ever struggled for form this much coming into finals. Last week they were completely smashed after quarter time. I think they can still turn it around and win this week, as De La will have to turn around a shocking record in finals against them, but on current form and watching both games last week it is hard to tip against De La.

VERY early but I heard a rumour old Xav's have already lined up a very handy recruit for next year, A current AFL player that’s hanging up the boots!!

If it's true I have no idea how they do it!

Heard a similar rumour. Will most likely play his last game on friday night, result depending.

Does have connections as his brother went through xavier as did his manager.

De la going to be hard to beat on sunday. Form analysts say that speed was a factor in both the 1st and 2nd semi wins. Not sure Xavs have the speed to match them this weekend. Surely this is De La's best chance to make a grand final?

Heard a similar rumour. Will most likely play his last game on friday night, result depending.

Does have connections as his brother went through xavier as did his manager.

De la going to be hard to beat on sunday. Form analysts say that speed was a factor in both the 1st and 2nd semi wins. Not sure Xavs have the speed to match them this weekend. Surely this is De La's best chance to make a grand final?

Hmm my guess would've been Chris tarrant but he's playing on Saturday. Can't think of any Adelaide/freo players with Xavier connections.

Great to see the anonomous janitor from Xavs supporting the team - DH

Surely there has to be some more talk on the game yesterday? Watched the scores on my phone and from what's been said De La absolutely choked? Or did XC just have one heck of a last qtr? Should the lions be worried about what happened?

Surely there has to be some more talk on the game yesterday? Watched the scores on my phone and from what's been said De La absolutely choked? Or did XC just have one heck of a last qtr? Should the lions be worried about what happened?
Saw the Xav/ De la 1st qtr. De La play footy like you walk your dog. You will walk round the park on the path, your dog runs off, comes back, runs off again, comes back again. This continues for the duration of your walk. Result? you have walked 3 klms and your dog has run 10klm. And you know what, you get to the finish line first.....

Saw the Xav/ De la 1st qtr. De La play footy like you walk your dog. You will walk round the park on the path, your dog runs off, comes back, runs off again, comes back again. This continues for the duration of your walk. Result? you have walked 3 klms and your dog has run 10klm. And you know what, you get to the finish line first.....

Unbelieveable result. The momentum changed in the 3rd quarter but I don't think anyone expected what happened in the last. De La just couldn't get their hands on the ball. With the De La ruckman off the ground (what happened there, did he get injured?), Xavs just took over. Eddy was the most dominant player on the ground but they couldn't get the ball near him.
I am a little perplexed as to why De La didn't throw some numbers behind the ball to stop the momentum a little. They didn't try anything, just sat back and watched it unfold.
There is no use running if you haven't got the ball.

Nothing mythical about it. Xavs just better when it counted and credit to them. When De La ruckmen injured Xavs just got right on top. Many of De La’s best players were well down and barely sighted for much of the day. Xavs midfield on top and it was mainly through the extraordinary efforts of Eddy up forward and Tom Humphrey down back that kept De La in front.

Massive opportunity lost for De La. They would have fancied themselves against Collegians, as they seem to have their measure. First must find a way of beating Xavs in finals. Seem to do ok against them generally but cant win the ones that count.

Tipping Old Xavs to notch up yet another A Section/Premier flag. Collegians wouldn't have liked what they saw last Sunday, because Old Xaverians would've got great confidence from their win over De La Salle in the preliminary final.

Tipping Old Xavs to notch up yet another A Section/Premier flag. Collegians wouldn't have liked what they saw last Sunday, because Old Xaverians would've got great confidence from their win over De La Salle in the preliminary final.
Going to be a "ripper" GF. I think one reason why Xavs got up is that they didnt stop. Didnt do anything special or outstanding but just kept going. De La were appalling, a real "tortoise and the hare" event.
They stopped running and had absolutely no idea what to do when Xavs came at them. Their coaching and strategies were frozen in time from the instant the ball was bounced in the last qtr.

Just another thing.....when are the umpires going to penalise a player who takes the tackler on, then goes to ground and guess what? Yep you got.....a ball up. Its a simple tactic employed, but obviously to difficult for the coaching fraternity to work out. But hey, the comp is run by amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back