A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours of a SKOB recruiting scout being seen at Tigers' training talking to Dustin Martin about a job in construction (in the event he is suspended from the AFL) are yet to be confirmed.
Skob looking at reincarnation next - Robbie flower and Jimmy stynes I believe

That's a great result, I've got close mates at Bernies, we are hoping they are as strong so we can test ourselves against the best this year.
Simon Caven will be a brilliant VFL player, good on him!

Here here Brian!

I think most people at Bernards would deep down be happy skob are back in the top flight, as you said a lot of boys share mates between the two clubs so will be good to reignite the rivalry this year

Rumours of a SKOB recruiting scout being seen at Tigers' training talking to Dustin Martin about a job in construction (in the event he is suspended from the AFL) are yet to be confirmed.

Scribe, I hate to say it, but it sounds like your on more of "the gear" than Dustin. You werent in the Mens with him that night were you?

Your taking the "piss" surely..........

Scribe, I hate to say it, but it sounds like your on more of "the gear" than Dustin. You werent in the Mens with him that night were you?

Your taking the "piss" surely..........

Jokes aside, I have it on good authority that Old Mate Dusty is in no where near the trouble that has been reported. Police investigation has witnesses in his favour and likely to blow over. May get slap on the wrist from club for being out on the gas. KB and Co to eat their words. Watch this space.

Bail to Skob is an interesting one. Originally from QLD and in on a business with Strauss and McDonald delivering booze. Hope he doesn't kick it on the full as much as he did when playing for Melbourne.

Anyone hear which VAFA club's radar Robbie Warnock was on?

It wouldn't be bigfooty if we were to name names, but Blues have picked up a couple from VFL land, and lost McMahon plus another the competition won't be so sad about. A couple also undecided on retirement or one more roll of the dice.

Blacks appear not to have had the exodus I cited earlier in the year with Locke, O'Brien and a couple of others set to remain. Regain two 2014 premiership players from travels, one from WAFL and a good one from the NEAFL.

Both teams in similar situations to 2015 is what I'm being told.

Blacks still losing Lacey, Willingham, O'Rourke and Pattison as a minimum. Would Charlie Richardson be the one returning from travels? I seem to recall him not playing for the bulk of last season.

Jack Watts would be the one you are referring to for Blues that the competition will be happy to see the back of. I have heard that Summers has retired. Any truth to this?

Here here Brian!

I think most people at Bernards would deep down be happy skob are back in the top flight, as you said a lot of boys share mates between the two clubs so will be good to reignite the rivalry this year

Don’t be fooled by the fake sentiment Brissel. BS was very happy to tout your departures a few posts back! Jones a very big loss. Merrington, while obviously past his best, always drew a very good defender. Reckon the Snowdogs have the depth and young talent to remain a force.

Last edited:
Jokes aside, I have it on good authority that Old Mate Dusty is in no where near the trouble that has been reported. Police investigation has witnesses in his favour and likely to blow over. May get slap on the wrist from club for being out on the gas. KB and Co to eat their words. Watch this space.

Bail to Skob is an interesting one. Originally from QLD and in on a business with Strauss and McDonald delivering booze. Hope he doesn't kick it on the full as much as he did when playing for Melbourne.

Anyone hear which VAFA club's radar Robbie Warnock was on?

That’s the line being peddled by the AFL and Richmond (and that great Xavs man Dan Richardson). However witness accounts tend to suggest otherwise. The impediment to the police investigation and the reason it will ultimately go nowhere is that they don’t have a ‘victim’ as the female in question is not interested in making a statement or going to court. Without that the case will go nowhere. Dusty can consider himself fortunate should that be the case however had he not had a profile it would not have seen the light of day, just like the 1000 or more idiotic, drunken occurrences every Saturday night in Melbourne.

In response to AMs comment above - Yep SKOB$ have the be$t old boy$ network$ in the VAFA!

Last edited:
The Lions are the ones who are in discussions with Robbie Warnock. Fergus the factor with that one.

Summers most likely to retire. Could Young follow him?

Richardson was back for blacks last year. Lay and one other return for Blacks. Murmurs of a VFL (ex AFL) player who represents another VAFA team on the way to blacks as well.

Interesting that no one from SKOB has posted anything about recruits yet you all seem obsessed, there are 9 other teams in Premier aren't there? Why so much talk about a team that hasn't played in A for 10 years? I'd have thought discussion would involve De La and their gun recruits, can they win the flag next year?

What a network they have!:rolleyes:

Agreed. They are doing a fantastic job. Many could watch and learn.
It's a very competitive comp. You need to be smart, aggressive and work hard at recruiting.
It's not like Field of Dreams!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that no one from SKOB has posted anything about recruits yet you all seem obsessed, there are 9 other teams in Premier aren't there? Why so much talk about a team that hasn't played in A for 10 years? I'd have thought discussion would involve De La and their gun recruits, can they win the flag next year?

De La have 4 (all ex students and past players ) returning. None with AFL experience and only one who played VFL last year. They also have more than that number departing. Hardly measures up to the number of players already at or heading to SKOBS with recent AFL experience. Xavs also not idle and have recruited very well. Those 2 clubs the clear standouts.

I’m wondering who De La pissed off at HQ? SKOBs and Xavs both away in the first 2 rounds!

De La have 4 (all ex students and past players ) returning. None with AFL experience and only one who played VFL last year. They also have more than that number departing. Hardly measures up to the number of players already at or heading to SKOBS with recent AFL experience. Xavs also not idle and have recruited very well. Those 2 clubs the clear standouts.

I’m wondering who De La pissed off at HQ? SKOBs and Xavs both away in the first 2 rounds!
Looking forward to playing our neighbours round one at the King, will be brilliant. Almost a home ground advantage for De La after training at the King last year!
De La will be obvious favourites after playing Premier finals last year.

It's about the guys who run out on the ground BS. I'm predicting the SKOB lads to overshadow the bellers both in name and past deeds like never seen before.
It will be scary...

It's about the guys who run out on the ground BS. I'm predicting the SKOB lads to overshadow the bellers both in name and past deeds like never seen before.
It will be scary...
Don't get taken in mate. If you remember some of his comments earlier on he was quite gung-ho about Skobbers. It's forum bluster. With all their money, arguably the best facilities in the comp and good people in official positions they are odds-on to be there when the whips are cracking.

Our hope is Xavs regain their mojo and send 'em off with their tails between their legs when it counts and where it counts.;)

I'm not taken in. I understand BS.
Nothing wrong with him trying to keep expectations low. Deep down he knows we don't buy it.
They could have come from D Grade and id still be tipping them. Gun players are gun players.
Xavs will not be far behind. Also recruiting well.
Will be a great year to see just who can finish 3rd...

So it's the new year. To provide a bit of a recap on some confirmed and rumoured ins and outs to get the conversation going again. I've missed a few as this is just what i can recall off the top of my head and skimming back through the thread. Happy for others to fill in the gaps.

Old Xavs
Ins - Jay Bruno, Dan Noonan, Nick Prowse, Chris Prowse, Tyson Thomas, Brendan Goss, Lachie Howe
Outs - Chris Larkins

DLS
Ins - Damien Rayson, Sam Pickett, Josh Cowan, Dan Keely, Jake Williams
Outs - Tom Moloney

St Kevins
Ins - Mark Jamar, Chris Cain, Rohan Bail
Outs - ?

Old Melburnians
Ins - Matt Thomas, Josh Freezer
Outs - ?

Old Trinity
Ins - ?
Outs - Hunt, Hamilton, Steinhart

Uni Blues
Ins - ?
Outs - Pete Summers, Jack Watts, Mcmahon

Old Carey
Ins - ?
Outs - Cam Howat, Julian Rowe, Freemantle, Mcqueen-Miscamble

Collegians
Ins - Will Johnson, Robbie Warnock
Outs - Nick Ries, Charlie Holst, James Jorgensen, Shura Taft, Nick Corp

St Bernards
Ins -
Outs - Andrew Merrington, Chad Jones, Tom Gleeson, Boyse, Simon Caven, Michael Caven

Uni Blacks
Ins - Lay
Outs - Huw Lacey, Peter O'Rourke, Andrew Willingham, Adam Pattison

So it's the new year. To provide a bit of a recap on some confirmed and rumoured ins and outs to get the conversation going again. I've missed a few as this is just what i can recall off the top of my head and skimming back through the thread. Happy for others to fill in the gaps.

Old Xavs
Ins - Jay Bruno, Dan Noonan, Nick Prowse, Chris Prowse, Tyson Thomas, Brendan Goss, Lachie Howe
Outs - Chris Larkins

DLS
Ins - Damien Rayson, Sam Pickett, Josh Cowan, Dan Keely, Jake Williams
Outs - Tom Moloney

St Kevins
Ins - Mark Jamar, Chris Cain, Rohan Bail
Outs - ?

For the sake of balance it needs to be noted that De La also has some several established senior players travelling in 2016, including a club great. And Cowan not over the line yet - still 50/50.

You can add a bit more ex VFL talent to the list of Old Xavs ‘ins’

Bedders – you sure about CAIN? While he may have changed his mind I seem to recall his departure even being touted on the Port website

For the sake of balance it needs to be noted that De La also has some several established senior players travelling in 2016, including a club great. And Cowan not over the line yet - still 50/50.

Bedders – you sure about CAIN? While he may have changed his mind I seem to recall his departure even being touted on the Port website

You can also add some more ex-AFL talent to SKOBs.

A little birdie informed me that Clint Bartram and Daniel Bell (both ex-Melbourne) are also headed to St Kevins, as well as Luke Andrews from Box Hill (VFL).

Absolutely certain about Cain and with his great mate Sam Dwyer coming back from the filth, he was going nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back