A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a team very light on for elite talent, to also have Julian Rowe missing today makes this an even better win. Rowe and Cust have pretty much carried the Panthers this year so great effort by the Carey boys.

I still cannot get my head around how a team with so much talent can be sitting at 5 – 7.

Old Xavs looked great last week v SKOB. S Salopek held SKOB together. Absent today.

Where are all Brian's allies?

Shouldn't they be jumping in to supporting him in the face of this "unsavoury" response?

Congratulations to Old Carey!

Where are all Brian's allies?

Shouldn't they be jumping in to supporting him in the face of this "unsavoury" response?

Congratulations to Old Carey!
His aliases and his allies are one and the same HF. ;) That whole thing was a complete concoction. Sad that a supposedly mature person has to stoop to such "unsavoury" conduct.

As for flog of the year. Last year I watched Goss try to beat up an 19 yo. When he realised that his feeble attempts to bully his opponent he feigned an injury and sat out the rest of the game.

Max "Life of Brian" Leader

Another load of crap.

Goss didn't play VAFA last year - played in a flag at Balwyn in the EDFL I believe. And he only played a handful of games the previous year - not enough to qualify for finals and he didn't sit on the bench for one second in those games.

So you would need to go back to 2013 for this fairytale to be true. That was the year he won the Goalkicking and he wasn't subbed at all that year either. He has never sat out a game.

You just made this story up.

Another load of crap.

Goss didn't play VAFA last year - played in a flag at Balwyn in the EDFL I believe. And he only played a handful of games the previous year - not enough to qualify for finals and he didn't sit on the bench for one second in those games.

So you would need to go back to 2013 for this fairytale to be true. That was the year he won the Goalkicking and he wasn't subbed at all that year either. He has never sat out a game.

You just made this story up.

No shite Sherlock.

I do see more football than VAFA. Yes he played for Balwyn. Everyone knew this. He was actually playing against Vermont, and as VAFA had the week off, I went to see a mates son make his debut for Vermont.

The rest of the story is 100% true..

So before you start make false accusations, just better understand that I don't make this shite up just to pot anyone.

Max "Watched games at the EFL, NFL, YJDFL, AFL and VAFA last year" Leader

Goss the Balwyn player was just a shadow of his former and now present Xavier self. Whilst I would doubt such a story if he were wearing the famous black and red, you never know what poor habits creep into a player at the EFL.

Re the Carey SKOB result. I think credit to Carey needs to be highlighted here. Not just laughing at Brian.
Rimmington and Rowe are guns and were always going to ensure Carey scored a win or two.

Goss the Balwyn player was just a shadow of his former and now present Xavier self. Whilst I would doubt such a story if he were wearing the famous black and red, you never know what poor habits creep into a player at the EFL.

Re the Carey SKOB result. I think credit to Carey needs to be highlighted here. Not just laughing at Brian.
Rimmington and Rowe are guns and were always going to ensure Carey scored a win or two.

What a game, what a win. Just getting home from last nights celebrations. The Club sponsor put the credit card over the bar last night and the boys made good use of it.
Missing Rowe from last weeks team which to be honest lost against Blues due to losing 2 players in the 1st quarter was a huge get.
1 win from 12 games and ressies getting smashed each week you would think the Club morale would be poor but the spirit is amazing from these guys and yesterday was the boost and belief that all is good.
Pity there is a bye next week.........

Rimmington is classy but the Panthers got the win without his services yesterday.

What a game, what a win. Just getting home from last nights celebrations. The Club sponsor put the credit card over the bar last night and the boys made good use of it.
Missing Rowe from last weeks team which to be honest lost against Blues due to losing 2 players in the 1st quarter was a huge get.
1 win from 12 games and ressies getting smashed each week you would think the Club morale would be poor but the spirit is amazing from these guys and yesterday was the boost and belief that all is good.
Pity there is a bye next week.........

Nice work Carlton.
Beat the Burnies next game at Carey. Move 3 games behind SKOBS with 5 more to play.
Stranger things have happened...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wholeheartedly agree.

Carey have done extremely well to keep up the morale and hopefully can win a few more before the end of the year.

Fortunately no morons were harmed in the filming of that victory.

In a team very light on for elite talent, to also have Julian Rowe missing today makes this an even better win. Rowe and Cust have pretty much carried the Panthers this year so great effort by the Carey boys.

I still cannot get my head around how a team with so much talent can be sitting at 5 – 7.

JJ, get your head around the fact that they are just NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!! Huge wraps pre season on what turns out to be an average team.Way to ahead of themselves.Completely underestimated the "fabric" of what makes a "top" A GradeTteam / Club. The scoreboard dosent lie... Looking at another loss after the bye against Colls at the Trott...it doesnt get much worse than that.

JJ, get your head around the fact that they are just NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!! Huge wraps pre season on what turns out to be an average team.Way to ahead of themselves.Completely underestimated the "fabric" of what makes a "top" A GradeTteam / Club. The scoreboard dosent lie... Looking at another loss after the bye against Colls at the Trott...it doesnt get much worse than that.

FWIW you should write a book. You sound like you know it all.

Not at all FWIW.. Read the score line, check the ladder. Even you can comprehend that (or then maybe not).. Skobs are pretty ordinary..
FWIW go back through my posts I have never ever said they are that good. I just find it bemusing that someone from outside the club thinks they know the fabric of another. How is the fabric at St.Bernards? They have lost less premiership players than Uni Blacks did.

FWIW go back through my posts I have never ever said they are that good. I just find it bemusing that someone from outside the club thinks they know the fabric of another. How is the fabric at St.Bernards? They have lost less premiership players than Uni Blacks did.

I dont believe I ever said you did.(check it out) I was replying to a DD post. I just get a little pissed off with people over exalting a particular Club, their playing list, "fill the cabinet full of silverware" commentary when in reality they will probably finish just out of relegation. The biggest non performing club for 2016 at this stage.........

I dont believe I ever said you did.(check it out) I was replying to a DD post. I just get a little pissed off with people over exalting a particular Club, their playing list, "fill the cabinet full of silverware" commentary when in reality they will probably finish just out of relegation. The biggest non performing club for 2016 at this stage.........

I think you'll find it was Old Xavs sympathisers that were pumping SKOBs up with the "silverware" comments during the preseason.

No doubt they have severely under-performed this year, but they aren't alone. I think Old Xavs' off-season recruiting drive, the largest of all the clubs in Premier div, is yet to pay any dividends. Out of the 6 games left, OX are playing all of the Top 4 teams and Coll beat them last time they met, so if they miss finals it'll be the biggest failure of any Old Xavs team for quite some time.

Complain all you like about Brian ruining Big Footy, but you're no different. All we get are negative posts from you too Flat Footy, as repetitive, boring and unconstructive as Brian's dribble. There were two posters talking up SKOB throughout the preseason (one in complete jest), 5 talking them down and your tunnel vision sees that as 'huge wraps' and 'way to(sic) ahead of themselves'. Give it a spell. It certainly gets a lot 'worse than that' - heading straight back down would be a lot worse, not winning a game would be a lot worse. SKOB were a B Grade premiership team who recruited well, that's it. They weren't sitting around the club rooms jerking each other off over the prospect of total A grade domination, except maybe Sceptic Tank. They've won 5, but have been hugely disappointing by the standards the club has set over the past couple of seasons. There was no 'underestimating the fabric' of anything - they have simply been not good enough in their first A grade outing in 10 years. A Grade is an incredible standard of footy and requires hardened, mature bodies and smart, steely footballers. A testament to Carey and Xavs and Blacks and the teams who have the experience.

Brian's gone, good riddance, SKOB can't make finals, disappointing, now can we move on and start talking about anything other than these two entities. How about the resurgence of the Uni Teams, Blacks a chance? Or the season defining Xavs v DeLa game this week

Is the relegation race done and dusted??
I reckon Bernards are thinking they are still alive. They must be thinking, "We have to beat Carey, and then we just need to find another one or two. We do that and it might just be a relegation playoff in round 18 against Skobs."
Of course, any Skobs win between now and then would most likely put things pretty close to bed.

All that means is that there won't be any dead games for a while yet!

Take you point FF but it goes beyond simply “not that good”. They have beaten Blacks twice this year who are the best team I have seen this year. So when they want they are plenty good. I don’t think it unreasonable to think that a side who have proved they can match it with the best and contains such extraordinary talent to perform at a more consistent level.

I don’t know the answer but perhaps there is some dissention at the club regarding the recruiting model adopted. This has proved disastrous for many clubs over the years. They have huge numbers, a good facility and a strong school feeder. I expect this will be howled down but maybe they should be primarily what their name suggests – The St Kevins Old Boys Football Club.

And Doc – I acknowledge that few on here were touting SKOBs chances in the pre-season but plenty from the broader St Kevins community were very bullish and extremely pleased with themselves even before a ball had been kicked in anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back