A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooster, didn't DeLa approach Satterley when they ascertained he was again interested in coaching following the Dees experience?

I may be wrong but I was told that Satterley applied for the job without any approach from De La. Incredible if true!!

Rooster, didn't DeLa approach Satterley when they ascertained he was again interested in coaching following the Dees experience?

I'm not that close to the coal face AM but my understanding is that no approach was made to him or anyone else and that he applied in the usual manner. Think the job came up about the same time he decided to step away from the full time commitment of an AFL job. Probably more good luck than anything else.

I'm not that close to the coal face AM but my understanding is that no approach was made to him or anyone else and that he applied in the usual manner. Think the job came up about the same time he decided to step away from the full time commitment of an AFL job. Probably more good luck than anything else.
Thanks Rooster.

I thought you were Wally's right hand man.:)

Yep. Raised voices, lots of tears. Some interesting accusations.
Some powerbrokers thought that Harf would be around a little more than he has been. Just how welcome will he be made by some?
Interesting times....

Heard he wanted his contract extended. Commitee pondered it for a week and came back with a "nyett".
He took his bat, ball and walked...Only what I hear...

Heard he wanted his contract extended. Commitee pondered it for a week and came back with a "nyett".
He took his bat, ball and walked...Only what I hear...

Not sure if fact or fiction but have heard a very similar version FF. Not so much a contract discussion but coach wanting a commitment for 2017. Club (quite rightly) would not give that undertaking.

Beyond that there are questions around whether he walked, was pushed or it was mutual. Coaches wanting a commitment in these circumstances is not entirely uncommon but if managed properly decisions and discussions take place post season.

Not sure if fact or fiction but have heard a very similar version FF. Not so much a contract discussion but coach wanting a commitment for 2017. Club (quite rightly) would not give that undertaking.

Beyond that there are questions around whether he walked, was pushed or it was mutual. Coaches wanting a commitment in these circumstances is not entirely uncommon but if managed properly decisions and discussions take place post season.

Not getting an asurety for 2017 would have put a "shivver" up his spine. Season quickly coming to a close he has probably thought, WTF not
much confidence in me here, Im off...... Probably best for both parties, everything considered. Gives both sides good time to look and "reload" for next season Rooster........

Intriguing weekend ahead.

Blacks Trinity is huge. Some saying Blacks the form side of the comp and if so, send Trinity out of the 4 for the 1st time this year.
Blues OM's is similar. Expected result sees the overachieving OM's slide further away from a surprise september bout.
De La Xavs. Will be a rip snorter. Xavs with some big ins after another bye. Will be great viewing on a sunny dry day. Draw.
Collegians SKOB. Will the Harf keep the dream alive? No.
Bernies at Carey. Bernies need this one to keep A Grade candle flickering. May be doused and both sides passports stamped after round 13. Likely.
Slight correction River, Blues host Trinity and Melbourne have Blacks.

I see:
Bernies to beat Panthers
Kevins to trump collegians. (Teams always win with a new coach)
Blues to hold on to top of the ladder by beating Trinity.
Blacks to just edge past OM. Last match aside where they were missing a host of players, their form at Sportscover has been strong. Play it well.
Xavs to show what they are really made of by accounting for DLS easily.

Not getting an asurety for 2017 would have put a "shivver" up his spine. Season quickly coming to a close he has probably thought, WTF not
much confidence in me here, Im off...... Probably best for both parties, everything considered. Gives both sides good time to look and "reload" for next season Rooster........

FWIW we are 6 weeks out, to receive surety for next season is for someone who knows they must be on the plank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about other people but I'm not comfortable with anonymous people discussing a real persons personal situation in a public forum.

He has a real family, including children who can read what is being written about their father, can we please show some form of common decency and end this topic? Jon is a really nice person with an outstanding record across several clubs and teams.

Thanks.

I don't know about other people but I'm not comfortable with anonymous people discussing a real persons personal situation in a public forum.

He has a real family, including children who can read what is being written about their father, can we please show some form of common decency and end this topic? Jon is a really nice person with an outstanding record across several clubs and teams.

Thanks.
hear hear

Slight correction River, Blues host Trinity and Melbourne have Blacks.

I see:
Bernies to beat Panthers
Kevins to trump collegians. (Teams always win with a new coach)
Blues to hold on to top of the ladder by beating Trinity.
Blacks to just edge past OM. Last match aside where they were missing a host of players, their form at Sportscover has been strong. Play it well.
Xavs to show what they are really made of by accounting for DLS easily.

Bernies to win. Cant possibly afford to lose.
Colls to win. Skobs are struggling, now they havent got a coach.
Blues over Trinity.
Blacks rather easily over OM's
De La to bounce Xavs....

Thanks.

Fair call. A lot of good things being said also. Some of us have been keen to add some balance and promote his excellent record but agree probably best to move on.

Thanks.

I wonder if you took that into consideration before you sacked him.

Thanks.
Talk about 2 faced

Thanks.

Weird post Briza,
Massive change of heart from you to suddenly be concerned like this.
You didn't seem concerned when being critical of Growler Gowers a while back. He's a nice bloke. He has kids who can read. But rather than come to his defence you were anonymously bagging him.
What's happened? Have you found God and softened?
Lovely.

Weird post Briza,
Massive change of heart from you to suddenly be concerned like this.
You didn't seem concerned when being critical of Growler Gowers a while back. He's a nice bloke. He has kids who can read. But rather than come to his defence you were anonymously bagging him.
What's happened? Have you found God and softened?
Lovely.

When issues come up, be good, bad or indifferent everyone is free to comment. (providing language and the general tone is OK). It is called a Forum.
Are we going to censor peoples points of view and opinions? I respect BS's point of view and his right to say it, just as I have an opinion to disagree,
which I do. Its that simple............

Thanks.

You aren't serious are you? He is just a bloke IMO. Sorry for saying that but that is how I feel. I will be amazed if you don't have a go at a real person on a fan forum and I'm guessing your name isn't Brian Speaking. And like AFL footballers he can choose not to read fan forums.

All things considered as Rooster said, most of the commentary has been just that, commentary. I can't be bothered to count the posts that praise his record and those that say otherwise, but overall the last couple of pages have been fairly balanced IMO. There will always be the types who like to stick the boot in, and Brian you have a history of that so there is a bit of pot/kettle stuff with your post (even you can't argue with that if you're being honest).

He has a strong coaching record in terms of win/loss, obviously there were reasons behind it, which after reading the statements on vafa.com make quite a bit of sense, so doesn't appear to be much more to it. I know some of the players reasonably well from the 2015 flag team and they always spoke highly of him.

With what's happened, that's footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back