Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Outasite, which newspaper? Sounds like a good pickup.
Geelong Advertiser sports section snippets this week...don't think East Geelong would have pleased to list a key recruit for 2013 having lured Jim across from BFL club Queenscliff...they are mercenaries down in Geelong changing clubs for the best deal going.

It was SBMT who played Sale FC seniors in a practice match last weekend...Tigers won by about 6 goals in a good standard game. Sale were Premiers last year. SBMT reserves played Glen Eira D1 Senior team in earlier match and won that too...plenty of upside at Brindisi St. with key players missing last weekend..recruits went well by all reports...
SBMT no good this year, last from what I've heard

Dylan Chaplin-Burch is the new signing for Collegians Football Club. Played for Queenscliff in 2011 and kicked 105 goals and played in a premiership. Played season 2012 for Deakin Uni and kicked 35 goals

SMBT (Beauy only chance for another 10 weeks)
COLL (show why they are still the best)
SCOTCH (Will give the comp a shake this year)
BERNIES (Will be biggest improver this year and like Scotch could feature in finals)
XAVS (To smash de la and silence any idiot who has criticised them)

Dylan Chaplin-Burch is the new signing for Collegians Football Club. Played for Queenscliff in 2011 and kicked 105 goals and played in a premiership. Played season 2012 for Deakin Uni and kicked 35 goals

Dylan Chaplin-Burch is an old boy from the school a few years back.
Can play a bit.

Dylan Chaplin-Burch is an old boy from the school a few years back.
Can play a bit.
Still a big change from signing on at a club for what.must have been a 'considerable' sum and then doing a desertion early.doors when you are already employed as a lawyer???..and he left school a while ago if he is a qualified working lawyer....

Carlton, you always tip Carey. Too much heart, not enough head. Have heard Carey have lost plenty and added not much. Still no depth, with Ressies likely to only win a game or two. Lions will smash em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton, you always tip Carey. Too much heart, not enough head. Have heard Carey have lost plenty and added not much. Still no depth, with Ressies likely to only win a game or two. Lions will smash em.

True, l do but if l honestley don't think they are a chance l won't. Collegians didn't have it all their own way today. Panthers missing several as was Collegians. Blond guy up forward was a hand ful.
Bit of biffo which was good to see, livened up the grandstand.
Don't agree that we have lost more than we have gained certainly Rowe, Evans and Fiorenza aren't huge losses but the ins are good if you take into account returns of long term injuries.
Just round one, we will get better.

Are you suggesting MD doesn't have the respect of his players Mediocrity?? Do you have access to the inner workings down at Brindisi St?
The bloke is an extremely professional coach who doesn't play favourites like our last senior coach did. He came into a shit storm and did bloody well to win 9 games when the club had no depth at all (struggled to field a 2's).
In answer to your 'pass or fail' question I would suggest that finals would be the goal for him and the other coaches this year. I personally think we'll do a bit of damage come the end of the year as I've trained with the boys since November and have been impressed with the numbers and the way the boys have attacked the pre season.

Feel the Roar
Feel the Roar?.... More like a pussy cats whimper.
I was out at Banksia yesterday and what a great win it was by the Beauy boys. We might just be a sneeky chance to make the top 4.
It does look as though the SBMT players have lost complete respect for their coach.
Came into shit storm?? Took over a club that played off in a GF with the 2's finishing 5th... How is that a shit storm.
The rumours were flying around the ground thick and fast about Dwyer yesterday. (Heard from SBMT people).
Extremely professional?? Rumour has it that he has been sending insulting emails to his former SBMT players.
Another rumour is that he turned up to a blokes place of work that trained a handful of times at SBMT over pre-season (with no ties to the club) and verbally abused him because he dicided to play at another club, almost getting into a fight after a very heated confrontation. (Not very professional, is it now).
From what I heard yesterday there is no one that plays favourites more than Dwyer.
I know you do hear alot of rumours at footy grounds from week to week, but as they say where there's smoke there's fire....
My early prediction was that SBMT will not play finals, but now I would say relegation is on the menu.

Meow...

Great win considering Croad blew his knee in the first 2 minutes, exit stage left Trent Croad....

Ruptured his Achilles actually Brian. No exit and will remain in a coaching capacity when he is mobile again. Wants to play on next year.

De La where already 1 down before then with a player doing a hammy in the warm up. So 20 players for the entire game and 2 goals down deep in the last this was one of the better wins you might see. Bloody hard to win at TP even when things are going your way.

Fantastic weekend of footy. Great to both teams who came up get a win. I think this years comp will be the most even in a long time and thats saying something as it is always quite even. Well done to beauy especially. 3 out of 5 tips is about right for round 1. If SBMT are gone, at this stage it looks like whoever else is going down will be very stiff.

Fantastic weekend of footy. Great to both teams who came up get a win. I think this years comp will be the most even in a long time and thats saying something as it is always quite even. Well done to beauy especially. 3 out of 5 tips is about right for round 1. If SBMT are gone, at this stage it looks like whoever else is going down will be very stiff.

So just below par then as above post suggests only 2/5 for you this round. Any contrition about the Xavs De La prediction? ) “ XAVS To smash de la …….”

Bernies must have been stiff. Looked in control most of the day.

Feel the Roar?.... More like a pussy cats whimper.
I was out at Banksia yesterday and what a great win it was by the Beauy boys. We might just be a sneeky chance to make the top 4.
It does look as though the SBMT players have lost complete respect for their coach.
Came into shit storm?? Took over a club that played off in a GF with the 2's finishing 5th... How is that a shit storm.
The rumours were flying around the ground thick and fast about Dwyer yesterday. (Heard from SBMT people).
Extremely professional?? Rumour has it that he has been sending insulting emails to his former SBMT players.
Another rumour is that he turned up to a blokes place of work that trained a handful of times at SBMT over pre-season (with no ties to the club) and verbally abused him because he dicided to play at another club, almost getting into a fight after a very heated confrontation. (Not very professional, is it now).
From what I heard yesterday there is no one that plays favourites more than Dwyer.
I know you do hear alot of rumours at footy grounds from week to week, but as they say where there's smoke there's fire....
My early prediction was that SBMT will not play finals, but now I would say relegation is on the menu.

Meow...

Its a long season. Round 1 of 18.
I think there is saying dont count your chickens before they hatch.
How many chickens have you counted already.

I also recall in the premiership season of 2008 they got done by 100 points against collegians and ended up beating them in the Grand Final.

You have no runs on the board so if i was you i wouldnt be getting all vocal until you acctually have something to show.

Great to see the old rivalry with Beauy and the Tigers simmering in Premier. You are only as good as your last game so Beauy flying, but taking potshots at the coach is a low act, it's early doors and as far as any of us know St Bede's could have a tonne of injuries.
Great to see Peter McGettigan back for StBMT, a former All Australian CHF, a handy in.

So just below par then as above post suggests only 2/5 for you this round. Any contrition about the Xavs De La prediction? ) “ XAVS To smash de la …….”

Bernies must have been stiff. Looked in control most of the day.

Definitely a silly comment to write a team off round 1 when anything can happen. Was just basing it on last years prelim side where they appear to have lost 12 players from it.

Definitely a silly comment to write a team off round 1 when anything can happen. Was just basing it on last years prelim side where they appear to have lost 12 players from it.

Yep fair call. However the player losses greatly exaggerated and some good ins to that prelim side that went within 2 goals of an A grade grand final. Baxter, McMahon and B Humphrey would have played in that prelim if not injured and some of the other youngsters are now a year older and wiser. De La won the Ressies and 19 Prem flags last year so some ready replacements on hand. Not saying they are good things for the flag, or even that they a certs to play finals but it seems some people were very quick to write them off before a ball had been kicked in anger.

Its a long season. Round 1 of 18.
I think there is saying dont count your chickens before they hatch.
How many chickens have you counted already.

I also recall in the premiership season of 2008 they got done by 100 points against collegians and ended up beating them in the Grand Final.

You have no runs on the board so if i was you i wouldnt be getting all vocal until you acctually have something to show.
I agree with you "Hats off to Roy Harper", although the 2008 team had plenty of heart and were well coached, unlike the current model.
You're only as good as your last game, and lets not get stuck on games the happened 5 years ago.
We have runs on the board, in fact the 4 points that we recieved at the hands of the once feared tigers (meow).
I Got told again by several sources about Dwyers lack of professionalism, in that he turned up to a blokes place of work and verbally abused him for not playing for SMBT after a handful of training sessions with no ties to the club. (Apparently the only reason that the bloke didn't snot him is because he acts in a mature and professional way).
Is this true?
Pretty ordinary if it is..... Are the club really happy with this bloke at the helm???
Bring on the violet crumbles in round 2. Go Sharks!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back