Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

It was SBMT who played Sale FC seniors in a practice match last weekend...Tigers won by about 6 goals in a good standard game. Sale were Premiers last year. SBMT reserves played Glen Eira D1 Senior team in earlier match and won that too...plenty of upside at Brindisi St. with key players missing last weekend..recruits went well by all reports...

Lets be honest Sale are no where near the quality of other Premier A clubs. They got flogged by Noble Park two weeks ago. SBMT played off in a grand final in 2011 with a gun midfield under a coach that had the respect of his players. Last year they were lucky to finish 6th, and they haven't even gone close to replacing the midfielders they had in 2011 (Collins, Hellier,Anstey, Phibbs, Tyquin, Scafidi).
Where is this so called upside?

Lets be honest Sale are no where near the quality of other Premier A clubs. They got flogged by Noble Park two weeks ago. SBMT played off in a grand final in 2011 with a gun midfield under a coach that had the respect of his players. Last year they were lucky to finish 6th, and they haven't even gone close to replacing the midfielders they had in 2011 (Collins, Hellier,Anstey, Phibbs, Tyquin, Scafidi).
Where is this so called upside?[/quo

Bernards played morwell
Sbmt played sale

Sorry mediocrity.... Mediocre post by me..... Mabye I am dying :(

played morwell not sale
cant remember the last time we had such an influx of ex-afl/vfl/wafl talent lining up in the one year in A Grade... makes for a damn exciting year i reckon
wouldnt even attempt to predict anything at this time of year (good luck to those who have)...
I will make one prediction...whoever we play in the intra league this year will get smacked!

The atmosphere must be fantastic at Uni Blacks at the moment. B Grade premiers last year, 60 clearances lodged for players to join the club including two past AFL Ruckmen. Are they a "smokey" for finals footy in 2013?
With McCauley and Pattison joining what does that mean for Willingham?

The atmosphere must be fantastic at Uni Blacks at the moment. B Grade premiers last year, 60 clearances lodged for players to join the club including two past AFL Ruckmen. Are they a "smokey" for finals footy in 2013?
With McCauley and Pattison joining what does that mean for Willingham?
The uni teams always have a massive turnover of players. Lots of the names coming through as clearances will be reserves and thirds. Watching the transfer page they have only lost one from their premiership team (Delahunty - who was a star) and according to their website, Captain Costello has moved to Sydney, so that makes two.

Pattison is not a ruck man, more suited to a key position role (CHF or CHB). McCauley and Willingham to share ruck duties.

Not sure if they are capable of finals, but from watching their training from a far, they are fit and professional in the way they go about it. Jason Johnson will add spice to their midfield. They will certainly give a couple of sides a run for their money!

Overall they are in a much better position compared to preseason 2012...Yes the midfield is not the 2011 model but they've a good structure and some quality. Plenty of youth with TAC experience and had two U/19 teams in finals last year. Recruits fitting in and have some top level players returning from travel and injury. Good coaching group and changes off field to admin side will make the total package stronger. Add some Colllingwood listed players who will play when available and they do have upside.from finishing 6th last year.

Overall they are in a much better position compared to preseason 2012...Yes the midfield is not the 2011 model but they've a good structure and some quality. Plenty of youth with TAC experience and had two U/19 teams in finals last year. Recruits fitting in and have some top level players returning from travel and injury. Good coaching group and changes off field to admin side will make the total package stronger. Add some Colllingwood listed players who will play when available and they do have upside.from finishing 6th last year.

There's no doubt SBMT have an outstanding junior program with many talented U/ 19's, and a couple of top quality key position players coming back from injury/ overseas.
I just can't see them playing finals footy this year, going from a grand final to only 9 wins in 2012 is a pretty big slide down the ladder. Its hard to see how those few in's will bridge the gap to help SBMT make the top 4.
If they finish 6th or lower would that considered a pass or fail for Dwyer and his coaching staff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting MD doesn't have the respect of his players Mediocrity?? Do you have access to the inner workings down at Brindisi St?
The bloke is an extremely professional coach who doesn't play favourites like our last senior coach did. He came into a shit storm and did bloody well to win 9 games when the club had no depth at all (struggled to field a 2's).
In answer to your 'pass or fail' question I would suggest that finals would be the goal for him and the other coaches this year. I personally think we'll do a bit of damage come the end of the year as I've trained with the boys since November and have been impressed with the numbers and the way the boys have attacked the pre season.

Feel the Roar

Are you suggesting MD doesn't have the respect of his players Mediocrity?? Do you have access to the inner workings down at Brindisi St?
The bloke is an extremely professional coach who doesn't play favourites like our last senior coach did. He came into a shit storm and did bloody well to win 9 games when the club had no depth at all (struggled to field a 2's).
In answer to your 'pass or fail' question I would suggest that finals would be the goal for him and the other coaches this year. I personally think we'll do a bit of damage come the end of the year as I've trained with the boys since November and have been impressed with the numbers and the way the boys have attacked the pre season.

Feel the Roar

Settle down bedesarebest, I thought Lalor was a well respected coach that did an outstanding job taking over fron Beveridge. I wasn't aware that he played favourites and was not respected by the playing group.
I'm not having a go at Dwyer at all, SBMT have set the bar very high in recent years and have been a very sucessful club. Not to mention the large number of juniors they have coming through the ranks.
That is why I should have asked the question... How high are the expectations from the committee/ club?
Pass or fail was probably a bad choice of words. I should have sugar coated it for you and asked "What would the club happy with?".
I was purely stating that I thought SBMT would not make the finals. Xavs, Colls, Carey, Scotch and De La are all ahead in my opinion.

I bumbed into an old Xav's mate of mine down the beach on the weekend and i asked how things were shaping up.... The answer I got was "Lost a couple to interstate and work commitments but we have picked up a couple that look very handy so I reckon we will be better than last year"

I bumbed into an old Xav's mate of mine down the beach on the weekend and i asked how things were shaping up.... The answer I got was "Lost a couple to interstate and work commitments but we have picked up a couple that look very handy so I reckon we will be better than last year"

'lost a few, picked up a few'....not sure that's exactly the greatest insight.

Sounds like a pretty thorough "questions and answers" session to me. Hope "Youlike" is the Public prosecuter when I next face court.....................

lets get this thread up and going again

final praccies on the weekend

i know xavs have balwyn which should be a cracker, and blues travel over to the snakepit

who else is playing who?

i know xavs have balwyn which should be a cracker, and blues travel over to the snakepit

who else is playing who?

Collegians are playing Bell Park at home.

Interesting to see Nick Sautner back on the track only 2 weeks before the start of the season - plenty of retirements and blokes heading to the VFL down at lion land!

Collegians are playing Bell Park at home.

Interesting to see Nick Sautner back on the track only 2 weeks before the start of the season - plenty of retirements and blokes heading to the VFL down at lion land!

Blumfield, Harvey retired (hardly plenty), Holst overseas. Troon undecided. VFL boys will be back and forth (like most clubs).
Picked up some good boys. Not the end of the world.

who else is playing who?

Yes, Blues and Bernards

Blacks and Fitzroy

Bernards and Blues should be a very interesting game, might pop out to the pit for that one. Blacks should easily account for Fitzroy. Tempted to watch this also to see which recruits are rolled out. Word is their big 3 recruits will play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back