Premier A 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone warned him about their supporters?
Haha you obviously have no idea about the edfl...

Bernards are considered saints compared to most of those clubs and supporter groups

You self proclaimed 'upper class' citizens need to stop sooking to mummy and daddy everytime a bernards supporter yells out a 'mean' name

No one gets hurt so quit Winging you muppets

Haha you obviously have no idea about the edfl...

Bernards are considered saints compared to most of those clubs and supporter groups

You self proclaimed 'upper class' citizens need to stop sooking to mummy and daddy everytime a bernards supporter yells out a 'mean' name

No one gets hurt so quit Winging you muppets

If that's all that went on i'm sure no one would really care about what Bernards supporters did.

small ground + the amphitheatre creates atmosphere that no other vafa ground can, speaking of home grounds is the xavs vic park thing still on the cards or just talk?

Vic Park? Haven't the VFL umpires got it on Tues and Thurs for the next 10 years?? That would make it hard.

possibly just was wondering after someone was saying after the gf this yr that they really needed there own home ground & the council knocked back glenferie that vic park was an option

possibly just was wondering after someone was saying after the gf this yr that they really needed there own home ground & the council knocked back glenferie that vic park was an option

Don't think a lack of a stand alone home ground is having a negative impact on the competition heavyweight.
Still, I must say it is weird that they still share a main ground with another club.
It's not as if they haven't got the coin - is it?

Don't think a lack of a stand alone home ground is having a negative impact on the competition heavyweight.
Still, I must say it is weird that they still share a main ground with another club.
Well Blues and Blacks have been doing it (and will continue to) for however long now. If you could call it a ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what its worth Rock is an interesting appointment especially considering 2 favourite sons were overlooked in Mitchell & Jordan. Sounds like a great get for Bernies, however he will need to drop from a salary cap of $200k to $0k - and that will be his big challenge.

For what its worth Rock is an interesting appointment especially considering 2 favourite sons were overlooked in Mitchell & Jordan. Sounds like a great get for Bernies, however he will need to drop from a salary cap of $200k to $0k - and that will be his big challenge.
200k is about half what greenvale would be paying, i highly doubt any players will be going with him.

No coin has never been a major obstacle for them...

For what its worth, that is my point, it is a lot easier to coach with a budget of $400k than $0k because you can buy the gaps to fill the holes. At Bernies he will need to develop them.
To be fair, Rock was pretty good at giving the younger guys a go at Greenvale.

OEG couldn't get Rock over the line with a big offer, must be decent one from Bernies.
Lawrence a great get for Beauy

Yep, both good appointments! Heard great things about Stevie.

How about recruitment. I've been told blacks have lost a couple of key players and recruited a good young kid from Swan Hill. Any others?

Is it definite that Xavs will be moving from Toorak Park or just BF idle speculation?

from what this guy told me after the gf, they would prefer there own home ground but plain & simply there are no grounds that arnt getting used in the inner east. Glenferie not an option vic park is prob the only option. But club with my angles than a protactor i am sure if there was any path they would have seeked it out.
It would be frustrating being the biggest club in the game having to share & knowing that as soon as the 1st dump of rain comes down the ground is done for the season.

What's the developments on the finals and or grand final being played at punt road oval? Would be great for the vafa is a great surface!

Also what's does everyone think the likes of st. bedes, Old scotch and uni blacks need to do to go a step further to knock the xavs off their perch?
What are the ins and outs at these clubs so far?

What's the developments on the finals and or grand final being played at punt road oval? Would be great for the vafa is a great surface!

Also what's does everyone think the likes of st. bedes, Old scotch and uni blacks need to do to go a step further to knock the xavs off their perch?
What are the ins and outs at these clubs so far?

It is bloody tough as for every step forward the rest of us take Xavs take 2. I was told this by a Xavs official during the finals so could only take him at his word. Their U19s have played in 5 GF’s in a row but across those 5 years only 2 of those players have become senior regulars (Goss and Tiernan) and another (Lees) forced his way in this year after 2 years as a fringe player. Very few of their graduating 19s even get a look in. The rest either drift off through lack of opportunity or hang around to win 2s, 3s or Clubbies GF’s.

Instead they bring in blokes from higher competitions to top up an already strong list. So if the rest of think that developing from within is the going to match it with Xavs anymore then we are kidding ourselves. Scotch and Blacks seem to have caught on – the rest of us have been a bit slow. St Bedes did well with essentially a homegrown team but the GF result shows the gap between Xavs and the rest. A shame but that’s the way ‘A’ grade seems to be going. I guess we either get with the program or be prepared to just make up the numbers or play in the lower grades. Of course trying to attract ‘outsider’ to you club to play for nothing is another major challenge with the ridiculous money on offer elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back