Premier A 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh on Dom Berry I believe as he is regarded very highly. Have a look at the players below who have not played or played very few games this year... This side of unavailable players due to injuries and suspension would beat all other Premier A sides comfortably and this is not including Handley, Prowse, Louis Tiernan, Dynon, Allan, Skeene.

Gold class trolling.

Bit harsh on Dom Berry I believe as he is regarded very highly. Have a look at the players below who have not played or played very few games this year... This side of unavailable players due to injuries and suspension would beat all other Premier A sides comfortably and this is not including Handley, Prowse, Louis Tiernan, Dynon, Allan, Skeene.

B

SAM LEES

ANDY BIDDLECOMBE

LUKE BARRY

HB

NICK WYNNE

JAMES ULBRICK

MATT DOUGLAS

C

MURPHY AMBROSE

BEN KENNEDY

MICHAEL DARVELL

HF

ANDY MATHIS

CHRIS LARKINS

PAT TIERNAN

F

BRENDAN GOSS

JOHN SHAW

JAKE WILLIAMS

R

CAM PURSS

CHRIS WALLER

CAYDN BEETHAM

haha more more more more more excuses

Loving the Old Xavs response on here, seems their old boys footy team has finally caught up with the general Xavier brand, both are at an all time low.
Seems their on ball department is the reason for their downfall, a ruckman who preferred to play Club XV111 and a bloke who was drafted at pick 9 who had the world at his feet but quit because it was all too hard.
As it stands right now, round one next year Monash Blues v Old Xaverians at Monash, that should be enough to awaken them from their slumber!

Ladder_for_Premier_-_FOX_SPORTS_PULSE.jpg

Last edited:

Loving the Old Xavs response on here, seems their old boys footy team has finally caught up with the general Xavier brand, both are at an all time low.
Seems their on ball department is the reason for their downfall, a ruckman who preferred to play Club XV111 and a bloke who was drafted at pick 9 who had the world at his feet but quit because it was all too hard.
As it stands right now, round one next year Monash Blues v Old Xaverians at Monash, that should be enough to awaken them from their slumber!

View attachment 60510
And round two SKOBS. The perennial Premier B club.:)

View attachment 60510

So funny Brian but you've just made a complete fool of yourself. Xaviers brand has been belted for years but unfortunately for you they just keep on keeping on...Unlike your little school in Toorak that is now handing out scholarships left right and centre. Sorry, but how many flags did xavs win in the last two decades? Please remind me as I think it might be a tad better than your 2nd place some 11,12,13 years ago, sorry can't remember! And as for their ruckman who played clubbies but yet also played and won a flag in their seniors, I'd be pretty embarrassed about that if I were him!!. And as for the pick 9, it was a tad lower than that but who really cares, not everyone can have the stella keyboard warrior career that you 've had...Keep on trying Bwyan, you'll never get there pal which is a shame as you're such a good typer.

Hmm, is it not Xavier College who is now so desperate to gain students that it is advertising on the My Schools website? Yes, the Wotif of private school websites, hilarious!!! As I said, their brand is now in one of the wheelie bins they stuff students in!
FYI, the last time 'Xavs' won a flag was 2003, before there was Facebook, Twitter, iPhones, George W Bush was US President, little Johnny was our PM and oh yes, Dom Berry was remembered as a saviour of the Old Xaverians Football Club.
Imagine re-appointing a coach who has just won you a flag then sacking him 7 games in when the club has 1,000 injuries, what an ordinary bunch of 'self entitled' people.
View attachment 60562

Xavier College and Old Xavs must have done a real number on you over the years Bwyan. Seriously pal, you need help! Going to ALL that trouble to make an irrelevant point, nothing to do with the VAFA or Old Xavs just makes me laugh. Talk about cheap, boring comments "wheelie bins" etc. I mean if you've got nothing interesting to talk about then troll back to the B grade thread. Xavs are on the bottom, well done to you, once again the Xav boys must be shaking in their boots. BUT, they will more than likely stay in A grade unlike your little SKOBs who will, once again fall at the final hurdle AGAIN! What's it like in B grade anyway? Couldn't imagine playing down there against some of those reprobates...SKOB included. What response will you come up with now Bwy? Anymore school references? What other stats do you have that will put me to sleep?

View attachment 60510

Thanks for the promotion BS. And why wouldn't Xavs want to play on the best ground in the Ammos?

I can remember the last time Xavs played at Monash and it wasn't pretty!

Les out.

For what it's worth, some raw nerves must be being hit, never seen so many Old Xav responses on here. VAFA are putting up tweets defending themselves that they don't favour Xavs then delete the post for fear of seeing that they favour them. Then minutes later they retweet that Goss is going back to training from injury - who cares! Never seen that before.....interesting times.

For what it's worth, some raw nerves must be being hit, never seen so many Old Xav responses on here. VAFA are putting up tweets defending themselves that they don't favour Xavs then delete the post for fear of seeing that they favour them. Then minutes later they retweet that Goss is going back to training from injury - who cares! Never seen that before.....interesting times.

Like you said....WHO CARES! You're all just so scared they might even do it again and trying to convince yourselves they will fall! They probably won't win it this year that's for sure but if they get in the 4 watch out....they've achieved so much more than any of you keyboard warriors will ever do. So I'm sure they're ok with it all..One off year in 25 aint bad! And I'm not OX. Just like the way they've gone about things.

For what its worth, it appears you must then be an ex-Xavs student who wasn't good enough to crack it for a game in the C 3rds so you headed off to Kew, St.Marys or Powerhouse. Which one is/was it? You are mad if you think no one respects what they have done for the past 20 years but all good things must come to an end. "Et tu, Brute?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what its worth, it appears you must then be an ex-Xavs student who wasn't good enough to crack it for a game in the C 3rds so you headed off to Kew, St.Marys or Powerhouse. Which one is/was it? You are mad if you think no one respects what they have done for the past 20 years but all good things must come to an end. "Et tu, Brute?"

Not and Ex XC or old boy. You're right, I was no good at playing but like to watch games. Wasn't really a crack at you FWIW! Moreso Brwyan who has now gone very quiet and others. Anyway, it's just interesting to see so many people love to see such a good team fall even though it seems they have some legitimate reasons! Lets wait and see what happens.

Yes, back to the footy…..can someone give us a form line on Beauie……smashed Scotch last week it seems with a runaway 4th quarter, their two losses have been to Trinity and Blacks who as we know are travelling ok……but both losses have been substantial……so against genuine quality they seem to struggle……any views?

Seems my predication of bias in the selection of the VAFA rep team has come to fruition in a big way. 4 selections for the bottom team – the most of any ‘A’ grade side. (Carey have the same number) Inexplicably 3 teams that currently make up the top 4 in ‘A’’ grade have 1 player between them!

No question about Handley and on form he certainly deserves his spot. But a couple of well credentialed VAFA ruckmen might consider themselves a tad unlucky as the Old Xavs big man comes straight into the rep team despite not playing a club game since rd 4 due to suspension. But what really grates is the selection of 2 VFL listed players. How the hell do VFL players get selected ahead of actual VAFA players? Well by sheer coincidence when they are not plying their trade in the VFL, where both played last week, they happen to be Old Xavs players. Bloody stiff if you were the last VAFA players 2 cut from the squad to make way for these blokes.

The rubbish pedaled by HQ about the rep footy being a lure for top players to join the VAFA is crap. Might apply if the club you join wears red & black jumpers as your chances of rep footy are severely diminished if you don’t.

The whisper of favoritism has apparently extended beyond just Old Xavs. Not going there as I don't want to enter into a slanging match but if VAFA wants to remove perceptions of bias this is not a good look.Seems sometimes its not what you know but who you know and who you play for.

I could not care less if they get beaten, as long as there is some fairness and integrity in selection.

To be fair to the VAFA, one of the teams I follow, who are currently top 4 in Prem A, had only 1 player available. The others preferred to have a week off and enjoy the long weekend this year.

I think this is generally the case.

To be fair to the VAFA, one of the teams I follow, who are currently top 4 in Prem A, had only 1 player available. The others preferred to have a week off and enjoy the long weekend this year.

I think this is generally the case.

Plenty of well-credentialed players in good form who were available missed out. Still can’t reconcile the fact that VFL players get chosen in a VAFA squad. (Thought you followed Uni Blues?)

Plenty of well-credentialed players in good form who were available missed out. Still can’t reconcile the fact that VFL players get chosen in a VAFA squad. (Thought you followed Uni Blues?)

#Repspotsformates

It's a circular argument. You stack the Rep coaching/selection crew with OX people, its a disincentive for players from elsewhere in the VAFA to make themselves available. It works as a closed shop which becomes self fulfilling.

Guys don't feel comfortable going to train for a side so clearly stacked from one club (which we all acknowledge has been extraordinarily successful). Then the selectors can say - well Huey, Dooey and Loeuy didn't want to play, so we picked our mates (even though their club is going like a busted proverbial ATM).

Understand what you're saying but there's always going to be blokes that just miss out. Agree with the non VFL players. Let them play in the VFL rep side, if they're good enough. I'm MUFC. Blues and blacks.

Understand what you're saying but there's always going to be blokes that just miss out. Agree with the non VFL players. Let them play in the VFL rep side, if they're good enough. I'm MUFC. Blues and blacks.

Following Blacks & Blues - Isn’t that like following Carlton & Collingwood at the same time?

Not as passionate about the subject as Billy but also troubled by the perceived bias. Can’t question the side being stacked with OX players last year but surely the team must be picked on current form. Hedge Fund hit it on the head. Stack the back of house roles with people from a certain club and you end up with bias and players from other clubs who cant be bothered anymore as they know that selection is tainted.

Agree with comments about VFL players. Piss poor that this can be allowed to occur.

Last edited:
Following Blacks & Blues - Isn’t that like following Carlton & Collingwood at the same time?

Not as passionate about the subject as Billy but also troubled by the perceived bias. Can’t question the side being stacked with OX players last year but surely the team must be picked on current form. Hedge Fund hit it on the head. Stack the back of house roles with people from a certain club and you end up with bias and players from other clubs who cant be bothered anymore as they know that selection is tainted on the other.

Agree with comments about VFL players. Piss poor that this can be allowed to occur.
I have a complex relationship with myself.

Just enjoy watching the game at the Varsity. Then when you start to follow a little closer you seem to feel a little attached.

In saying that, I probably have a preference for one more than the other

A lot of Xavs whinging here. The reason there are so many ex Xavs at Vafa is that they get off there ass and are prepared to help run a great comp. Success breeding success. Does bias come into selection? Probably. Impossible not to. You'd all lean towards you're own.
And as someone else said, many like to take the break and do make themselves unavailable.
Scotch could have had 3-4 play if the wanted to.
Xavs are always keen to play for Lethers. You gotta train to be picked.

With regard to beauy's form, they have only beaten teams currently below them on the ladder. Having said that the loss to OT was in a slop and the conditions didn't suit their style of game. I suspect the result would be much closer on a dry track. The loss to blacks was a different story altogether. They went in without a recognised ruckman and minus Nash and McBain but blacks simply way too good. Completely dismantled the sharks in the second half. Can't see beauy reversing the result any time soon. The next game against Bernards looms as a real litmus test for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back