B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: B Grade - 2012

Incorrect, I know where he got it from and he shouldn't be posting it on Big Footy if that was the case. Anyway, shit happens, we move on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oakleigh

as stated a few weeks ago and now confirmed, Gator has stepped down.

He drove a strong and healthy culture which delivered high performance and in turn became well respected. Events in 2nd half of 2011 indicated the message may have become old with some poor on-field actions. I wish OOB well in their quest to secure another similar coach to achieve the things Gator did during his tenure.

UB
also as indicated, Woolnough has been replaced at UB by Kempton.

Beauy
with no annoucements looks like same old, same old

Old Brighton

current coaches indicated they will continue, however I hope committee at least advertises and 'tests the waters'.
If they do continue, surely the committee must demand a more 'family friendly game day environment'

oh yeah, Harford at SKOB - well done Pete.
St Kevins must have found another 'spare' seat.

cheers

CC

Oakleigh

as stated a few weeks ago and now confirmed, Gators stepped down.

He drove a strong and healthy culture which delivered high performance and in turn became well respected. Events in 2nd half of 2011 indicated the message may have become old with some poor on-field actions. I wish OOB well in their quest to secure another similar coach to achieve the things Gator did during his tenure.

UB
also as indicated, Woolnough has been replaced at UB by Kempton.

Beauy
with no annoucements looks like same old, same old

Old Brighton

current coaches indicated they will continue, however I hope committee at least advertises and 'tests the waters'.
If they do continue, surely the committee must demand a more 'family friendly game day environment'

oh yeah, Harford at SKOB - well done Pete.
St Kevins must have found another 'spare' seat.

cheers

CC

What was going on at Old Brighton that made it family unfriendly?

The VAFA website has confirmed Martin Stillman to coach Oakleigh next year.........extraordinary appointment!!! I don't think the guy has ever coached?? It says his latest position was assistant at Canterbury (Div 4 EFL)!!
Nothing against Oakleigh as I heard only GREAT things about their previous coach but this is something else!!

The VAFA website has confirmed Martin Stillman to coach Oakleigh next year.........extraordinary appointment!!! I don't think the guy has ever coached?? It says his latest position was assistant at Canterbury (Div 4 EFL)!!
Nothing against Oakleigh as I heard only GREAT things about their previous coach but this is something else!!

Gator had never coached 6 years ago either and took the club to 2 flags, a Prelim loss, a GF in C Grade and two more than respectable years in B Grade - I am pretty sure the club dont regret taking that risk :D

from what i hear the new guy is very impressive and has been preparing for this gig for some time

bring on 2012

Gator had never coached 6 years ago either and took the club to 2 flags, a Prelim loss, a GF in C Grade and two more than respectable years in B Grade - I am pretty sure the club dont regret taking that risk :D

from what i hear the new guy is very impressive and has been preparing for this gig for some time

bring on 2012
Neither of Old Carey's last two premiership coaches had coached prior to appointment and they have both been( and one continues to be) fantastic coaches

He will want good people skills with that feral lot

bring on 2012

Fair enough....but I would add that he had a pretty good group at his disposal and learning the trade in D2 is a bit different to learning it in B. When you have a good group, you can grow with them as you go up the grades.
Interesting preparation - by being assistant coach at a Div 4 team? I would have thought a thorough preparation would consist of being an assistant at a A or B grade club!!
Good luck to you guys I hope it works out - but I can't really talk as we (mazenod) appointed our assistant without at least seeing who was out there - you never know who just might be interested.
We live in strange times....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back