B Section Premier B - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SKOB defeated by a very well drilled Beaumaris last Sat. The 'not over until the fat lady swims' line an absolute gem. You just wish you thought of it :).

Nicely summed up Chronicle. That post was (in my humble opinion) a lovely mix of banter and football talk (albeit there is far too much talk about SKOB on here for my lahking).

Cardio, this is indeed a football forum, but if we persist with your request we'll have 4 blokes do their tips and another 4 blokes complain about the horrible run with injuries down at their club, and nothing more. It's hardly riveting stuff.

Remember, it's the caramel topping that makes the vanilla ice-cream interesting Cardio.
Apparently that was also Liesel's theory!;)

I laughed when I heard it 3 times on the radio and it sort of wore thin after the 5th email.

People are quoting me on the radio?

Thats also very funny that you managed to weave in a "thin gag" around a fat joke. Maybe you have something to add to this forum afterall.

I like that BS, original AND funny.
Well done old chap!
Cheers
CC

OK Carlos, I'll bite, just to keep the thread going. Think you'll find (most of) my stuff is original.
And you're correct, it isnt always strictly football, but just trying to keep things a little light humoured here.
For what its worth (apparently the young'uns these days and Shane Warne would write FWIW), it seems to have been well received.
Statistics Never Lie:
Rah Rah - Big Footy Member 1 year, 200-odd posts, 2 "Likes" :thumbsu::thumbsu: (Thanks guys, you know who you are!)
Cardio Carl - Big Footy Member 5 years, 2000+ posts, 0 "Likes".......:thumbsdown:

Looking forward to your tips for this week.

Now now Brian..you should know better than to try and catch the great man Ron out.

I said I have been on here for six years....i didn't say I had been a member for six years!
Not your best riposte Ronnie. Reckon Brian is starting to get the better of you. Never thought I'd say that.:eek:

Right-oh lads, that’s enough non-football talk.
Time for some serious analysis to get Cardio back on side.
Massive games this week impact top of the table, relegation battles, and the Old Scotch positions 6-8

Beaumaris at home to Ivanhoe should give Cardio some joy - a few cans on the hill and a couple of melee’s to keep things interesting. It’ll finish with an absolute pumping of the Brown (sounds like after school detention at Xavier).
AJAX v Oakleigh. This is the game for survival. If Oakleigh get up they will have some wind in their sails. If they don’t, they’re gone. Oakleigh in a thriller. Jackers teetering.
OM’s host Uni. Interesting couple of weeks, with Uni losing to Haileybury but smashing the bottom sides, whilst OM’s form has been Red Hot – 5 in a row including Skevs and then last week defeating Haileybury despite playing for 15 minutes with 16 on the field. A win here might be enough to lock in 4th spot and aim higher? The Grammar will salute in another close one.
Werribee v Old Haileybury. What a road trip. Might be quicker to duck to Sorrento and get the ferry. Maybe the boys from the high school in Springvale can consolidate 6th? On last week's evidence, Just. They won't have the luxury of 100 pissed past players heckling the opposition and umpires this week, but they'll keep their dream alive. Only Just.
SKOB v Old Brighton. If SKEVS lose here, they could miss the finals altogether. This will be another cracker, played in the knee deep mud of the shite-hole that is THKing. It’ll slow Brighton Tafe’s runners to a walk, and that’ll be enough for the SKOBBERS.

Can’t wait for the Olympics to begin.
Will be keenly following the telecast, hoping to spot the travelling VAFA executive who have all popped over on an official junket fact finding mission visit some relatives on the way home some Xavs boys needed a trip tour.

Hoo Roo.

Right-oh lads, that’s enough non-football talk.
Time for some serious analysis to get Cardio back on side.
Massive games this week impact top of the table, relegation battles, and the Old Scotch positions 6-8

Beaumaris at home to Ivanhoe should give Cardio some joy - a few cans on the hill and a couple of melee’s to keep things interesting. It’ll finish with an absolute pumping of the Brown (sounds like after school detention at Xavier).
AJAX v Oakleigh. This is the game for survival. If Oakleigh get up they will have some wind in their sails. If they don’t, they’re gone. Oakleigh in a thriller. Jackers teetering.

Briza, that is one of the best lines ever on this forum!!!

(hate that font Rah Rah...can you change it please?)

Beaumaris by 7 goals+ v Old Ivanhoe,
Oakleigh by less than 2 goals 7 against AJAX.
Uni Blacks comfortably.
Old Haileybury to kick straight and kick too much for Werribee
Old Brighton (one of the best forward lines going around) too strong for the St Ks at Sportscover.

Old Brighton (one of the best forward lines going around) too strong for the St Ks at Sportscover.

Thanks for the heads up that SKOB v OB is at Sportscover.
Have just finished chastising myself over the error.
Regardless, I'm sticking with Kevin (don't tell Julia).

Beaumaris by 7 goals+ v Old Ivanhoe,
Oakleigh by less than 2 goals 7 against AJAX.
Uni Blacks comfortably.
Old Haileybury to kick straight and kick too much for Werribee
Oak
UB
Beauy
OH
OB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OB best forward line going around?:rolleyes: ...debatable:eek:

Prior to last 2 rounds they were going at 46% accuracy.:thumbsdown:

Last 2 rounds against #8 & #10 on ladder they have produced,:thumbsu: but far more accurate sides going around than OB who failed to kick 7 goals in 4 seperate games of footy this year :( - not a resounding endorsement on best FWD line.:oops:

OB are travelling well, however they will rue their loss against Tigers at home earlier in the year :mad: - I think they kicked a poultry (sorry Juddy) 7.11:confused:

Cheers

CC

OB best forward line going around?:rolleyes: ...debatable:eek:

Prior to last 2 rounds they were going at 46% accuracy.:thumbsdown:

Last 2 rounds against #8 & #10 on ladder they have produced,:thumbsu: but far more accurate sides going around than OB who failed to kick 7 goals in 4 seperate games of footy this year :( - not a resounding endorsement on best FWD line.:oops:

OB are travelling well, however they will rue their loss against Tigers at home earlier in the year :mad: - I think they kicked a poultry (sorry Juddy) 7.11:confused:

Cheers

CC

I know you Beauy supporters don't like the Tonners but I'll stick with the 6 wins on the trot - bit of a test tomorrow with St Kevins.

AJAX.
Uni Blacks, noticed they have played 33 this year
Old Haileybury
Beauy
Old Brighton
ALso read that Werribee have played 40 whilst SKOB have played 45 players this year, plus another 2 debutants tomorrow.

yep, another mature response.:thumbsdown:

some posters hate debate and facts:p

Cheers

CC

Well I'll name Micky D / Mentiplay / Dan Anthony,
backed up by Ben Gadsden / Portelli and James North as a decent starting six.

only matched in my opinion by Uni Blacks.

Over to you C to keep the debate going and offer up Beauy's best starting 6 up forward.

Beaumaris vs Old Ivanhoe
Ajax vs Oakleigh
Old Melburnians vs University Blacks
Werribee vs Old Haileybury
St Kevins vs Old Brighton

for what it's worth it looks like the OB forward line struggled today, did Anthony play???? Not as much as the OI reserves though :eek:
Yes, D Anthony played on a first gamer from the Under 19's who did very well on him. Interesting to note that out of the carnage of SKOB players going overseas and injuries that Harf today played 10 boys aged 19 or under, so a great result for him and the club.

Yes, D Anthony played on a first gamer from the Under 19's who did very well on him. Interesting to note that out of the carnage of SKOB players going overseas and injuries that Harf today played 10 boys aged 19 or under, so a great result for him and the club.

Great effort by SKOBs today, much better organised, cleaner, prepared to run into space, Old Brighton were insipid, ineffectual handball, lots of dropped marks, kicks into the man on the mark, even Super was hitting up SKOBs players. Having said that... there were only 3 players from SKOBs who have played U19s this year on the ground but let's not let Brian's exaggerations take away from a wonderful team effort. Bring on Old Ivanhoe.

Great effort by SKOBs today, much better organised, cleaner, prepared to run into space, Old Brighton were insipid, ineffectual handball, lots of dropped marks, kicks into the man on the mark, even Super was hitting up SKOBs players. Having said that... there were only 3 players from SKOBs who have played U19s this year on the ground but let's not let Brian's exaggerations take away from a wonderful team effort. Bring on Old Ivanhoe.

Didn't Brian say 19 and under as distinct from having played under 19's?

Campbell, Coates, Hanley, Stafferi, Parkes, Weber, F Keely, Shanahan, Ginies...taylor pulled out wiht concussion.

Isn't this more than 3?

Ron, I'm finding I'm agreeing with you and Brian here - 9 is definitely more than 3. Of the "boys" Ginies is very good, I like the way Shanahan plays (in fact he plays more like a man), Parkes is good - interested to see how many goals he kicks come finals time with a Senior player on him. Staff goes all right.

SKOB way too good for an undisciplined, disinterested & overconfident Braahton. SKOB ball use much improved on last week with lesser knowns starting to find their feet at the higher level. As far as best forward lines are concerned, Blacks clearly the most potent & if I had to make a choice between Anthony/Dewar/Mentiplay & their supporting cast vs Parkes/Gabelich/Edgar & theirs, the latter wins at this point in time. Brighton very one dimensional mark/kick offering very little else in the way of second efforts vs SKOB just as dangerous on the ground with Edgar's & Parkes' mobility a real headache. Parkes has played on a senior player every week as he's yet to play anywhere but the seniors. Staff has a serious case of small man syndrome which is a delight to see. Saw 3 of the overseas boys playing in the early game with another 1/2 a dozen back tonight/tomorrow. After hanging in there for the last 6 weeks, some light beginning to appear at the end of the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back