B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

BS yeah those guys are going to make SKOBs stronger but as far as i can tell they have been playing most of the year. I really like SKOB but when you lose 10 finals in 5 years I cant see them breaking the hoodoo from 4th. Actually maybe they will prefer the underdog status....

OB very good but are they good away from home?
OT seem to be sliding. They dont like b grade though so think they will be a force with no injuries.
OM the unknown... lost to OT & OB by 100 points then beat them as well. Love the open spaces and finals grounds will suit.

St Kevins still to vs OM & OT, this will show us exactly where they are at in the second half of this season. My guess is they win both and with OB to knock off OT, will make StKevins a top 2 finisher.
From there, they will be the team to beat and my favourites.
OB
StKevs
OT
OM

In saying that, OB havent beaten a side in the top 4 away from home, does this mean we can expect them to lose to OT in two weeks to completely squash my previous statement. Also I think a focussed outfit from the top 4 beats OM's, look what happened when OB experienced an "unexpected" loss to StKevs, they switched on and thumped OM next game. I think OT were due for a loss two weeks ago, and OM got them at a good time, all it did was re focus OT coming into finals.
Stkevs the team to watch, OB so much potential fire power, OT the class team, OM pretenders.

Whoever the sarcastic person is who writes the Caulfield match reports needs a kick up the bum...is it their president? If he knew anything about St Kevin's he would have realised that 4 state players had the week off last week and that Ben Dowd is not SKOB skipper.
As for his constant quote about SKOBs team, what a clown.

Whoever the sarcastic person is who writes the Caulfield match reports needs a kick up the bum...is it their president? If he knew anything about St Kevin's he would have realised that 4 state players had the week off last week and that Ben Dowd is not SKOB skipper.
As for his constant quote about SKOBs team, what a clown.

For what its worth i suppose if you keep justifying your losses there is no need to win.
A pretty ho-hum round of Premier B, can't see any upsets happening this week.

Good day of footy at the King yesterday. Ladies lunch day was a sell out but I was relegated to watching the footy as too many ladies in one room for me :) Main game was a scrappy affair in the wind but Harf would have been happy with the win with half a dozen out from last week due to niggles. A depleted ressies had a solid win with a few of the B Thirds guys stepping up. Some close scores in the other games suggests the relegation battle is heating up. No blowouts of note as clubs 7-9 strive at another shot at Prem B next year. Sorry Werribee. Some fun weeks to come I suggest.

Well done to Ajax yesterday on a very good disciplined performance vs SKOB. Took every opportunity they had while at the same time restricting SKOB to a bare minimum. Training in a car park on Thurs night didn't help SKOB's cause but no excuse, AJAX too good.

Is it possible for SKOBs to drop out of the 4 and continue their horrific end of season form?

They play OMs & OTs while Ajax have Fitzroy and Caulfield.

Well done to Ajax yesterday on a very good disciplined performance vs SKOB. Took every opportunity they had while at the same time restricting SKOB to a bare minimum. Training in a car park on Thurs night didn't help SKOB's cause but no excuse, AJAX too good.

For what its worth that was clearly the upset of the round the dominance of the win that is. Makes your mob a bit nervy now after looking at the draw.Did we see the GF preview and winner? That makes it one each with OT who are always very hard to beat on their big ground.
The OMs v SKOB game is now massive as OMs win they will hold second spot, if they lose they will play SKOB in the first semi. SKOB lose then they will need to beat OT at OT to stay in the finals race. AJAX should beat Fitzroy and Caulfield to leap frog them.
Well done to Werribee for winning as well, have been building for a while now. Fitzroy locked in another season of B Section footy. So it's either Parkdale or the Fields to drop. Parkdale have OT and Werribee while Fields have OH and AJAX. I am tipping the Fields to wrap things up this weekend to survive as well.
Things have certainly become interesting

Understatement follows this..... HUGE game for StKevins tomorrow at home.

Will we see SKOBS choke another season dry and dead?, this time before finals.
I can't believe how such a quality side falls to crap this time of year. If you follow what history tells us, they lose this weekend to OM, then they travel to OT and they lose again. AJAX to win both and pinch SKOBS spot in the top 4. You have to ask the question about the mental toughness of StKevs, and really hope that they come out and prove us ALL wrong. But.... SKOBS are mentally fragile, and should start planning their Mad Monday in 2 weeks time, they love holiday season and should stick to that. AJAX, cancel yours, you're playing finals. SKOBS of Mid season, give the grand final a massive shake, favourites i'd have them.

Lets brace ourselves for the excuses from SKOB Football next week when they get pumped by OM's 40+

I can't believe how such a quality side falls to crap this time of year. If you follow what history tells us, they lose this weekend to OM, then they travel to OT and they lose again. AJAX to win both and pinch SKOBS spot in the top 4. You have to ask the question about the mental toughness of StKevs, and really hope that they come out and prove us ALL wrong. But.... SKOBS are mentally fragile, and should start planning their Mad Monday in 2 weeks time, they love holiday season and should stick to that. AJAX, cancel yours, you're playing finals. SKOBS of Mid season, give the grand final a massive shake, favourites i'd have them.

Lets brace ourselves for the excuses from SKOB Football next week when they get pumped by OM's 40+

Footy Gods you're all over the shop!

2 weeks ago you predicted us to finish top 2 and said any top 4 side beats OMs. Now you predicted a 40+ win to OMs????

Your ladder prediction was great too....
OB
StKevs
OT
OM

Footy Gods you're all over the shop!

2 weeks ago you predicted us to finish top 2 and said any top 4 side beats OMs. Now you predicted a 40+ win to OMs????

Your ladder prediction was great too....
OB
StKevs
OT
OM

Get Shorty, if i could predict the future, i wouldnt be here.
But i can read the facts and truths.

I did mention OB cant win away, but if they had won, theyd have finished top.
Quote "In saying that, OB havent beaten a side in the top 4 away from home, does this mean we can expect them to lose to OT in two weeks to completely squash my previous statement."

"Squashed"

With SKOBS, they choke. I didnt take that into calculation either, sorry i gave them ago.
I did mention they are good enough to win the comp, on potential and talent, but i'm questioning their mental toughness now due to losing poorly to AJAX to lock in finals.

Get Shorty, if i could predict the future, i wouldnt be here.
But i can read the facts and truths.

I did mention OB cant win away, but if they had won, theyd have finished top.
Quote "In saying that, OB havent beaten a side in the top 4 away from home, does this mean we can expect them to lose to OT in two weeks to completely squash my previous statement."

"Squashed"

With SKOBS, they choke. I didnt take that into calculation either, sorry i gave them ago.
I did mention they are good enough to win the comp, on potential and talent, but i'm questioning their mental toughness now due to losing poorly to AJAX to lock in finals.

For what its worth I think SKOB will win at home so won't be an issue. The other big one is between the Fields and the Bloods, this might be the one that gives the Fields B Section in 2014. All others should be comfortable wins to the big 2 and AJAX.

I'm tipping you are either a financial planner or a weather forecaster, you have great form!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two grinding wins by SKOB at the King last Saturday. The boys may have finally discovered that winning doesn't mean you need to be pretty doing it, you just need to win. The sides were evenly matched all over the ground & little separates them in all areas. Even with the shelter provided by the Kings location, the gale force wind made for diabolical playing conditions. Can only imagine what other more open grounds were like. A few interesting stats for SKOB, unbeaten at home, unbeaten at Elst Park, have beaten every other team in the four. Do any of the other three have similar records ? If they do, will be a cracking finals series.

For what its worth it appears the season has finished a week early:
Old Trinity - Deserve top billing with their ability to smash bottom sides, some weakness with depth but hasnt been exposed so no problem.
Old Brighton - Have finally got their list all together and showing results, dominant home ground advantage has helped their cause. Big grounds the query.
Old Melburnians - Another contender that has boosted their list from last year but I think they still rely on their top players to perform.
St.Kevins - Thereabouts again without being dominant but still able to beat the top sides. Interesting finals team as could beat any of the above on their day.
AJAX - Showed some great early signs before holidays killed off their chances. Will be strong next year if they keep their list.
Old Haileybury - Need a ruckman, need some onballers but again competitive every week. At least their home ground is a lot better!
Fitzroy - Have done very well to stay up considering who they lost, need to be more attacking.
Caulfield - To stay in B off 4 wins is very very lucky, are they just delaying the inevitable? Some good kids though.
Parkdale - Classic case of a team coming up with no depth gets found out. Competitive when they have their best team but that doesnt always happen....
Werribee - Never stood a chance with their off season exits but had a crack most weeks. Is this week their last VAFA game?

For what its worth it appears the season has finished a week early:
Old Trinity - Deserve top billing with their ability to smash bottom sides, some weakness with depth but hasnt been exposed so no problem.
Old Brighton - Have finally got their list all together and showing results, dominant home ground advantage has helped their cause. Big grounds the query.
Old Melburnians - Another contender that has boosted their list from last year but I think they still rely on their top players to perform.
St.Kevins - Thereabouts again without being dominant but still able to beat the top sides. Interesting finals team as could beat any of the above on their day.
AJAX - Showed some great early signs before holidays killed off their chances. Will be strong next year if they keep their list.
Old Haileybury - Need a ruckman, need some onballers but again competitive every week. At least their home ground is a lot better!
Fitzroy - Have done very well to stay up considering who they lost, need to be more attacking.
Caulfield - To stay in B off 4 wins is very very lucky, are they just delaying the inevitable? Some good kids though.
Parkdale - Classic case of a team coming up with no depth gets found out. Competitive when they have their best team but that doesnt always happen....
Werribee - Never stood a chance with their off season exits but had a crack most weeks. Is this week their last VAFA game?
OT also touched up convincingly Old Melbournians and Old Brighton at different points in the season so not all flat track bullies.

All four finals teams on their day can take out each other depending what ground the finals are being played on and conditons

Yup. I think its a big mistake on their part, yes the exodus cost them bigtime and will probably affect them for the next 2-3 seasons. You'd have to think that the club would be better off leaving the rats chasing coin in the past, instead of following them, but that's a decision they have no doubt agonised over. Of course the WRFL is ecstatic about it and will slot them straight into Div 1.

Yup. I think its a big mistake on their part, yes the exodus cost them bigtime and will probably affect them for the next 2-3 seasons. You'd have to think that the club would be better off leaving the rats chasing coin in the past, instead of following them, but that's a decision they have no doubt agonised over. Of course the WRFL is ecstatic about it and will slot them straight into Div 1.

Should Werribee exit the VAFA to join the WRFL, they will be leaving the Premier metropolitan football competition in Australia to join a competition in which they will become a club going nowhere in a competition which is also going nowhere and has never been anywhere.

Leaving to retain their players so that they can be paid is an excuse, not a reason. What is the real reason, and it isn’t travel? My club joined the VAFA over 30 years ago; travel is part of the Amateur enigma. We have a great club culture and there is an incredible camaraderie amongst the playing group which has a first-rate interaction with our 50+ volunteers. Occasionally we lose players to rival clubs, averaging around 10 annually, rarely to WRFL clubs but mainly due to relocation.

Werribee Districts is well respected amongst all north and western based VAFA clubs as strong, well coached and with sound management. Decisions to leave one competition to join another should not be merely a (current) committee decision, but a decision for only fully paid Club members and life members, not just ego trippers who are here today, make a rash or rushed decision, then head off elsewhere and leave the archaic result to those who follow and try to pick up the pieces.

In the Ammos, clubs have seasonal ups and downs. We play at different levels depending on past rates of success or failure. My club, of which I am a LM has played in all lower divisions and currently poised to (hopefully) promote itself to the Premier divisions. We know that should we get there that local WRFL clubs will pay us a visit and attempt to poach players: they know that the Ammos play an excellent standard of football, albeit complemented by very good footballers. Our club does not, as a club look for instant gratification, loves it when it happens but we are prepared to accept the vagaries of the competition and play at our level.

A club thinking of leaving should be positive and consider the competition alternative for its future players. Former SFL clubs such as Beaumaris, Parkdale and Mentone are examples of successful VAFA clubs surrounded by poachers. Prior to jumping, a few phone calls and perhaps a few cups of coffee with some good heads at those successful clubs should be in order.

I have not volunteered the name of my club as this missive is personal, not Club sanctioned. If anyone can’t work it out, please go to a doctor and take some of those remorseful heads from Rupo with you.

Should Werribee exit the VAFA to join the WRFL, they will be leaving the Premier metropolitan football competition in Australia to join a competition in which they will become a club going nowhere in a competition which is also going nowhere and has never been anywhere.

Leaving to retain their players so that they can be paid is an excuse, not a reason. What is the real reason, and it isn’t travel? My club joined the VAFA over 30 years ago; travel is part of the Amateur enigma. We have a great club culture and there is an incredible camaraderie amongst the playing group which has a first-rate interaction with our 50+ volunteers. Occasionally we lose players to rival clubs, averaging around 10 annually, rarely to WRFL clubs but mainly due to relocation.

Werribee Districts is well respected amongst all north and western based VAFA clubs as strong, well coached and with sound management. Decisions to leave one competition to join another should not be merely a (current) committee decision, but a decision for only fully paid Club members and life members, not just ego trippers who are here today, make a rash or rushed decision, then head off elsewhere and leave the archaic result to those who follow and try to pick up the pieces.

In the Ammos, clubs have seasonal ups and downs. We play at different levels depending on past rates of success or failure. My club, of which I am a LM has played in all lower divisions and currently poised to (hopefully) promote itself to the Premier divisions. We know that should we get there that local WRFL clubs will pay us a visit and attempt to poach players: they know that the Ammos play an excellent standard of football, albeit complemented by very good footballers. Our club does not, as a club look for instant gratification, loves it when it happens but we are prepared to accept the vagaries of the competition and play at our level.

A club thinking of leaving should be positive and consider the competition alternative for its future players. Former SFL clubs such as Beaumaris, Parkdale and Mentone are examples of successful VAFA clubs surrounded by poachers. Prior to jumping, a few phone calls and perhaps a few cups of coffee with some good heads at those successful clubs should be in order.

I have not volunteered the name of my club as this missive is personal, not Club sanctioned. If anyone can’t work it out, please go to a doctor and take some of those remorseful heads from Rupo with you.
Bravo, bravo bravo Mr Seaside from Willy CY......your opinion on the process that Werribee Districts went through is comical and so far off the mark. I bet you had several "There's something about Mary" moments as you gave your soap box speech about how self righteous you believe Willy CY are...frankly who cares. (go watch the movie if you don't know to what I refer)

Who are the ego trippers you refer to? I don't see how such a painful and agonising decision is an ego trip by anyone.....I suggest you wouldn't know.
If the current custodians of any club aren't the ones to make decisions on future direction then lets go down to the local nursing home and get some uneducated input. If that's how you run your club then good luck to you.

Rushed and rash decision you say.....again I suggest you wouldn't know. Are you aware that the 4 western suburbs clubs had a meeting with Sholly last November (of which WillyCY was one) and expressed concern about the direction and assistance of the VAFA in the west? Guess what was done by the VAFA as a follow up........zippo.

You talk about "here today gone tomorrow" people ......President entering year 5, vice president year 11, senior coach year 8 (plus another 9 years at juniors), life members all still at the club. I am sure they would have had a coffee with some successful clubs......you may not have got an invite.

Everyone will have an opinion on whether Werribee's decision is wrong or right but only time will determine that. Be aware that 3 new clubs have started in Wyndham (Tarneit, Manor Lakes and Sanctuary Lakes) with more to come.....a market force that the other clubs you mentioned in the south/east wouldn't have had to deal with......Westbourne is on its knees as a result. Should Willy CY make it to the Premier sections then well done but be careful what you wish for....I am sure Altona and Spotswood will circle with intent......oh and don't forget Newport Power who more than likely will enter a senior wrfl team in 2015.

Good day to you sir and I hope that you get hot water connected at Fearon Reserve one day......I hear a large copper water boiler has been ordered and is on its way from the UK by boat

A club going nowhere in a comp going nowhere ? Give us a spell mate ! Willy CY FC ! LMFAO !!! If they go to C grade with some of the Elmer Fudds playing in their senior side currently the Premier metropolitan football league you have glorified is going to the dogs.

Super Sunday. The clubs with clearly the most depth and most suited for stay in A grade meet in the first semi. Will Freezer or Salopeck play? Nothing split these 2 sides this year and a neutral ground and good umpires sets up great contest. Really toss of the coin and need to see who is available . Having said that I feel on their day with best sides in the top 2 OT and OB are the best sides . However this season has shown that anyone can beat anyone so looking forward to a great series.

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back