Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only won once on the road against the hapless Rovers, but to draw with Beaumaris is impressive. Otherwise, all points have been scored at home and they host the top three at Brunswick in the back half. Will have to win one of those three and the Hamtpon game, plus jag three of their five on the road to have a sniff.

Not likely IMO.

Only won once on the road against the hapless Rovers, but to draw with Beaumaris is impressive. Otherwise, all points have been scored at home and they host the top three at Brunswick in the back half. Will have to win one of those three and the Hamtpon game, plus jag three of their five on the road to have a sniff.

Not likely IMO.

What about the drop zone? Are the Tonners getting anyone back to save them? They wouldn't have seen C for a long time

After watching Old Scotch against the Rovers last Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the Premier B flag this year. In fact, they could also win the Reserves premiership as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not likely IMO.

I would disagree about the Roys. Saw them for a half in Round 1 vs St Bedes and they were all over them till 1/4 time. Their captain, Rory ??, went down and that seemed to through them off their game - he is an extremely good player. Couldn't believe it when I saw the final result the next day.
They have had a bad run with unavailabilities and they are extremely well coached - they are not A Grade material but definitely good enough to trouble the top 3 sides and definitely capable of making the 4.

After watching Old Scotch against the Rovers last Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the Premier B flag this year. In fact, they could also win the Reserves premiership as well.

Not sure that a 100 point win over the bottom side means anything, especially after getting comprehensively beaten the week before by the real Premiership favourite. I do agree that Scotch 2s should win the flag but you never know re: injuries and people going away etc.

Not sure that a 100 point win over the bottom side means anything, especially after getting comprehensively beaten the week before by the real Premiership favourite. I do agree that Scotch 2s should win the flag but you never know re: injuries and people going away etc.

OS V Beauy Grand Final. Bedes outside chance, but very unlikely................ The rest are no where.

OS V Beauy Grand Final. Bedes outside chance, but very unlikely................ The rest are no where.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Sandringham being the venue for this year's Premier B Grand Final, considering the fact that the VAFA v SA State game this Saturday is played at TBO, not at the VAFA HQ, Sportscover Arena.

Are you forgetting that st bedes beat scotch on Anzac day
Based on the season so far, I agree. Beaumaris, Scotch and St Bedes could all win it.
However:
I think the ground size in the finals severely disadvantages St Bedes. They play on a postage stamp and are quite good on it. Beat OM's last year convincingly at home but lost the final by 40 points. Scotch have also beaten Hampton by 95 and Parkdale by 110 odd on the larger grounds they have played on thus far. May not mean anything, just a few observations.

Based on the season so far, I agree. Beaumaris, Scotch and St Bedes could all win it.
However:
I think the ground size in the finals severely disadvantages St Bedes. They play on a postage stamp and are quite good on it. Beat OM's last year convincingly at home but lost the final by 40 points. Scotch have also beaten Hampton by 95 and Parkdale by 110 odd on the larger grounds they have played on thus far. May not mean anything, just a few observations.
Yeah good observation will be interesting to see how they fair next week when they play at the cardinal cave how they fair as for beauy they look head and shoulders above the rest atm with depth in droves down their list

......and as Winter G noted, once on the run, they can kick plenty...

Haven't seen Beauy, but OS move the ball the fastest out of the teams I've seen. Got some guys with some real pace and take off from defence.
St B have the most talent across the ground IMO but move the ball too slowly - very stop start. That might work on their ground but would hurt them away from home one would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beaumaris depth is a concern for other sides as they've built a list that could survive 10 injuries and still be able to compete I think that's their point of difference as we tick over half way of the season and will help them a lot down the stetch

Beaumaris depth is a concern for other sides as they've built a list that could survive 10 injuries and still be able to compete I think that's their point of difference as we tick over half way of the season and will help them a lot down the stetch
Agree. I've thought Beauy were easily the strongest in ones and twos since Round 1.
On another point why are there many saying B grade is weak this year? Not much different to last years version in many respects.

Agree. I've thought Beauy were easily the strongest in ones and twos since Round 1.
On another point why are there many saying B grade is weak this year? Not much different to last years version in many respects.
Probably just people from SKOBs trying to make their undefeated season more astonishing (which it still is). Beauy are undefeated and I'm guessing seeing as they were poor in A last year, people just assume the standard has dropped. At the moment, Beauy, Scotch and St Bedes would all be doing better than St Bernards and Carey.

Probably just people from SKOBs trying to make their undefeated season more astonishing (which it still is). Beauy are undefeated and I'm guessing seeing as they were poor in A last year, people just assume the standard has dropped. At the moment, Beauy, Scotch and St Bedes would all be doing better than St Bernards and Carey.

Disagree re Bernies. They have been snatching some losses from the jaws of victory. Last 5 losses have been very tight games.

Halfway through the season and it is pretty obvious that it is 3 teams vs. the rest. Huge game on Saturday between St Bedes and Scotch. Whoever wins (in my opinion), will finish second at the end of the year.
Old Brighton v Hampton - Two worst teams based on results, but I think that Brighton have under performed. Brighton by 3+ goals.
Old Scotch v St Bedes - Game of the round. Think it will be close, and the same result as last time. Bedes by under 10 points
Monash v Beaumaris - Monash have improved throughout the year, however it won't be enough to beat Beauy. Beauy by 40+.
AJAX v Fitzroy - Another important game. I think that one of these two teams will take the final spot in the 4. Fitzroy have improved with their best player back, so I'll take them by 10 points.
Parkdale v Old Haileybury - Toss of the coin for this one. I'll go Parkdale because it's at home and they would want revenge.

Old Brighton comfortably over Hampton, 23 and 9 to dominate in tricky conditions.
Old Scotch too even all over the ground.
Beaumaris just cos.
Fitzroy comfortably over AJAX, Fitzroy well balanced and talented
Parkdale to dominate OHA.

Old Brighton comfortably over Hampton, 23 and 9 to dominate in tricky conditions.
Old Scotch too even all over the ground.
Beaumaris just cos.
Fitzroy comfortably over AJAX, Fitzroy well balanced and talented
Parkdale to dominate OHA.

I agree with you jk....think Beauy might have some real issues at the frearson though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back