B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mates are your mates doesn't matter where you play. He has said he doesn't want to take kids from local clubs , what a lot of crap. GE have only 1 decent player from us and a couple are getting games in the 1's where they are not up to D1.

They are kids from the school. Where else do you suggest we recruit from? Are you suggesting that all Ormond juniors must play for Ormond seniors and be wedded to club for their entire playing life? I assume you have no issue with Luke Gogis and other non-Ormond juniors playing for your club?

There is one Ormond junior (who was a DLS student) in our senior team.

Last edited:
There was some general discussion about the huge disparity in Prem B this year and the number of floggings being handed out. An in-season re-grade is never going to happen but there were some options raised about how to make it a more even competition. Nick Armistead has been on this topic for a few weeks now and whichever way you slice it some of the scorelines are not a good look for the comp.

In regard to the so called “defection”. Seems a new player to the club this year misjudged the quality of A grade and did not take kindly to being dropped for the 2nd time is 3 weeks. Not sure why anyone would think they are above playing in the Reserves, but he decided to seek a transfer to play in a lower division. Won’ be the last time it happens and he went with the clubs blessing. Have to admire a bloke who is prepared to join a club that is winless across the seniors and reserves and lost by 25 goals last week. Hope he and the club do well but they seem destined for C grade.

And Bedders you need to let this go. They are not “Your” kids. Hardly Wally’s fault that young blokes who go to DLS want to play with their school mates at the same club. Rather than potting DLS, GE and other clubs maybe try and work out why kids coming out of juniors don’t want to play for the senior arm. Kids eventually find their own level and I’m m sure that in time some will drift back.
Thanks for your concern. Monash will improve to be competitive. It shows the very fine line in footy between success and failure. Only 7-8 games ago I watched Monash throw away a win in the last quarter against Brighton at Beach Oval. The gap between the 2 sides looks massive now but in reality it comes down to a handful of players. They add a few good ones and we lose a couple and get a pile of injuries. Suddenly they’re flying at the top of A and we’re hurting the competition.

Thanks for your concern. Monash will improve to be competitive. It shows the very fine line in footy between success and failure. Only 7-8 games ago I watched Monash throw away a win in the last quarter against Brighton at Beach Oval. The gap between the 2 sides looks massive now but in reality it comes down to a handful of players. They add a few good ones and we lose a couple and get a pile of injuries. Suddenly they’re flying at the top of A and we’re hurting the competition.

Agree with everything you say. Blacks were a solid A grade team last year and were stiff to get relegated. Would not be out of place in Premier this season. Their top end (Mahon, Curnow, Dournoff etc) are amongst the best players in the comp, not just the division.

I guess the concern is that this was not a “one off” scoreline and across the first 4 rounds a concerning gap has developed. I know from experience that constantly being in survival mode can be bloody hard going. Hopefully it can even out over the next few weeks.

One of the great things - and I am not misusing "great" - is the two up, two down system. Yes this year may have an imbalance. Next year it will be completely different. You only have to look at Parkside (WRFL) winning the Div2 premiership and not only refusing to go up to div1 but insisting the club would not survive unless they were put back to div3!

If this year is tough and Monash get dropped, they'll be competitive in C in 2019. It's the same for all clubs. There is no need to change the system.

If it’s ok by Brian Waldron, we might just hang around in Premier B this year, win some games and see what happens. Appreciate his concern, but a Club turning out 5 men’s teams and 2 women’s teams each weekend is doing a fair bit right.

I think everyone hopes you do and you would have to consider yourself a decent chance to get on the board today. Wally was not having a crack at Monash, or any other club for that matter but rather expressing concern (as did the other panellists) over the gap between the top 3 clubs and the others. I thought it was a relevant and reasonable topic but others may have a different view. For balance Wally also lamented the poor performance of his own club and cops it every week from the two blokes over our results this year.

No question Monash are a good club and doing plenty right. However right or wrong we tend to be judged on senior results. My own club’s twos and threes are undefeated but in the eyes of the VAFA community we are battling due to how the seniors are travelling.

Anyway good luck today. Hope Monash get a win and your new player goes well.

They are kids from the school. Where else do you suggest we recruit from? Are you suggesting that all Ormond juniors must play for Ormond seniors and be wedded to club for their entire playing life? I assume you have no issue with Luke Gogis and other non-Ormond juniors playing for your club?

There is one Ormond junior (who was a DLS student) in our senior team.
No Reply , I just hate that school and I have reasons

No Reply , I just hate that school and I have reasons

School and footy club different entities but if your comments are motivated by hate then no wonder they are so illogical.

I suppose then you don’t associate with the many past DLS students who have and are a still making fine contributions to your club. Must be very awkward

School and footy club different entities but if your comments are motivated by hate then no wonder they are so illogical.

I suppose then you don’t associate with the many past DLS students who have and are a still making fine contributions to your club. Must be very awkward
I do and my son went to that school unfortunately

I do and my son went to that school unfortunately

Personally I have nothing but fond memories of my time there. However I appreciate that others for a variety of reasons may have had a different experience. Plenty of my mates hated school, and that includes those who attended public, APS, catholic, independent or otherwise. A different argument entirely but the one size fits all approach to education is in my opinion badly flawed.

While I don’t know the circumstances I’m not sure it justifies the constant vitriol that is directed towards the footy club.

Personally I have nothing but fond memories of my time there. However I appreciate that others for a variety of reasons may have had a different experience. Plenty of my mates hated school, and that includes those who attended public, APS, catholic, independent or otherwise. A different argument entirely but the one size fits all approach to education is in my opinion badly flawed.

While I don’t know the circumstances I’m not sure it justifies the constant vitriol that is directed towards the footy club.
It's not vitriol or illogical , I care for my club and hate to see good kids leave to play for a schoolboy team . This argument about playing with your mates is crap , if there your true mates they stay that way.

It's not vitriol or illogical , I care for my club and hate to see good kids leave to play for a schoolboy team . This argument about playing with your mates is crap , if there your true mates they stay that way.

But they are not leaving your club. They are leaving a junior club. And there are mates and there are mates and it would seem that the pull one way is stronger than the other.

There may be a combination of reasons. Some may aspire to play a higher grade. Some may be motivated by friendships and others may simply not want to play for Ormond seniors. Believe me plenty of people don’t share the ‘love’ for your club that you do. There are some perception of Ormond, but unless you are involved they are only opinions and either way I choose not to share them on here.

Players come and go. We don’t own them and can’t get hung up if they choose other options. Eventually they find their own level and I’m sure in time some will come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, take the Ormond stuff to the D Grade thread please. Poo brown of a club IMO.
Loving the rise and rise of Caulfield scruff. They are turning in magnificent results. I think we can just safely write off week 1 as a bad week against a team that had all their VFL listed players in and were hot on the day.
Next weeks game will be a cracker.
Whilst some at the VAFA, both inner sanctum and fringe fanatics, stress about the inequality of the ladder and the one sided results, I’m loving it. The relegation and promotion system is perfect and allows clubs to find their true location pretty quickly.
Whilst us students of the B Grade comp can revel in a top 5 and bottom 5 this year, where games against ‘your lot’ will decide your fete. Buckle in B Boys for a Barnstormer!!

Geez, take the Ormond stuff to the D Grade thread please. Poo brown of a club IMO.
Loving the rise and rise of Caulfield scruff. They are turning in magnificent results. I think we can just safely write off week 1 as a bad week against a team that had all their VFL listed players in and were hot on the day.
Next weeks game will be a cracker.
Whilst some at the VAFA, both inner sanctum and fringe fanatics, stress about the inequality of the ladder and the one sided results, I’m loving it. The relegation and promotion system is perfect and allows clubs to find their true location pretty quickly.
Whilst us students of the B Grade comp can revel in a top 5 and bottom 5 this year, where games against ‘your lot’ will decide your fete. Buckle in B Boys for a Barnstormer!!
It's an open forum , if there is an issue I'm sure the mods will act on it.

Round 6 Tips

Old Carey Hailebury - OC by 75 points
Mazenod St Bernards - Bernards by 6 goals
AJAX Beaumaris - Beauie in a tight contest - by 14 points
Parkdale Monash Blues - Parkdale by 4 goals in a low scoring affair
Uni Blacks Caulfield - Blacks by 10 goals in a boil over

Tips Rd 6.
Carey to smash Haileybury by 12 goals.
St Bernard’s by 8 goals over the Nodders.
Beauy by 4 points as Chocco tries hard to fire up the boys as their season slips away. Close..but no cigar for AJAX.
Parkdale by 6 goals over Monash.
Blacks by 2 points in the GOTY so far at home over the Fields.

Tips Rd 6.
Carey to smash Haileybury by 12 goals.
St Bernard’s by 8 goals over the Nodders.
Beauy by 4 points as Chocco tries hard to fire up the boys as their season slips away. Close..but no cigar for AJAX.
Parkdale by 6 goals over Monash.
Blacks by 2 points in the GOTY so far at home over the Fields.
same for me. Bringing up the tail of the tipping and no real upsets to choose! I'd love to go for the fields, but i think, except maybe at the snakepit, Blacks will not be beaten. I think Carey and Bernies will test them, but will be a bit quick and skillful for both, especially on the expanses of Bulleen, the uni and Elsternwick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back