B Section Premier B 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beaumaris Old Carey - OC easily
Mazenod Caulfield - by 3 goals in a tight contest
Monash Blues Hailebury - Monash must find winning form sometime?
AJAX Parkdale - AJAX by 7 points
St Bernards Uni Blacks - Bernard's by 1 point in a thriller

Beaumaris Old Carey - OC easily
Mazenod Caulfield - by 3 goals in a tight contest
Monash Blues Hailebury - Monash must find winning form sometime?
AJAX Parkdale - AJAX by 7 points
St Bernards Uni Blacks - Bernard's by 1 point in a thriller
Carey by 2 points. Tempted to go Beaumaris. Seem to be quite a few of the VFL players missing at OC, but Jaksch and Shade still there
Haileybury by 5 goals. Still some big bodies and strong onballers at Haileybury. Seccull should give first ball use out of middle
Caulfield by 10 goals. Too quick and more depth at the Fields
Ajax by 15 points(would reverse this if Parkdale was at the Gerry Green construction site)
Uni Blacks by 8 pts. Not sure which way to swing here. St Bernards size and home ground advantage v Blacks speed and slick ball movement. I prob want to go with Bernies but as i need to get off the bottom, will go against the first few tipsters

Running with what a few other grades have discussed i thought id look at the senior players stats.
Uni Blacks is nuts- 20 played every game.
Teams> Players Used> Played EveryGame
Ajax 36 8
Beaumaris 33 10
Caulfield 27 14
Mazenod 32 10
Monash 35 11
Old Carey 31 12
Old Haileybury 30 11
Parkside Vultures 32 10
St Bernards 27 14
Uni Blacks 24 20

Running with what a few other grades have discussed i thought id look at the senior players stats.
Ajax 36 8
Beaumaris 33 10
Caulfield 27 14
Mazenod 32 10
Monash 35 11
Old Carey 31 12
Old Haileybury 30 11
Parkside Vultures 32 10
St Bernards 27 14
Uni Blacks 24 20

Some interesting stuff there.
Blacks is incredible. A Uni team of all teams!!
Hard to know exactly what all this means though. Sometimes having low 30’s might mean that you are finally getting some guns back who may have been unavailable early. Though most often it’s a negative with injuries and unavailabilities.
Strong performing teams don’t need to make as many changes, See Blacks, Fields and Snowdogs above. So they are low for that reason. If you aren’t doing well you do make changes, unrelated to injuries.
A student of the VFL tells me that Thompson, Wooffindin and Dickson will not be wearing a Carey jumper again this year. All starring.
AJAX numbers are huge. 36 players after only 6 games. Would be interesting to know if it’s a spate of injuries? I thought they would perform better this year with Chocco having a season under his belt and a recruiting drive more open to being open.

Hard to know exactly what all this means though. Sometimes having low 30’s might mean that you are finally getting some guns back who may have been unavailable early. Though most often it’s a negative with injuries and unavailabilities.
Strong performing teams don’t need to make as many changes, See Blacks, Fields and Snowdogs above. So they are low for that reason. If you aren’t doing well you do make changes, unrelated to injuries.
A student of the VFL tells me that Thompson, Wooffindin and Dickson will not be wearing a Carey jumper again this year. All starring.
AJAX numbers are huge. 36 players after only 6 games. Would be interesting to know if it’s a spate of injuries? I thought they would perform better this year with Chocco having a season under his belt and a recruiting drive more open to being open.
I am sure Carey will be trying very hard to get those players in Carey jumpers when those VFL sides have a bye.....to try to qualify them for VAFA finals. Any idea how many each have played for Carey?

I am sure Carey will be trying very hard to get those players in Carey jumpers when those VFL sides have a bye.....to try to qualify them for VAFA finals. Any idea how many each have played for Carey?

I don’t. I just spent an hour on the VAFA website scrolling through A and B names of all clubs to see all the patterns after Archangel17’s post. For the love of the game I guess.
I cant go back....
But yes all teams with VFL players will be trying to do what you have described. I guess it will help if there is some kind of relationship between the clubs, or if the VAFA club concerned is seen by the VFL club to be always doing the right thing by their player.

Thompson has played 4 games. The other two one game each. They may struggle to qualify Woofindin and Dickson. Thompson a chance.

I don’t. I just spent an hour on the VAFA website scrolling through A and B names of all clubs to see all the patterns after Archangel17’s post. For the love of the game I guess.
I cant go back....
But yes all teams with VFL players will be trying to do what you have described. I guess it will help if there is some kind of relationship between the clubs, or if the VAFA club concerned is seen by the VFL club to be always doing the right thing by their player.
;) less complicated than it seems. If you go to season stats there is an option to run them as a report which you can then cut and paste into excel- took five minutes of boredom at work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ajax 36 8
Beaumaris 33 10
Caulfield 27 14
Mazenod 32 10
Monash 35 11
Old Carey 31 12
Old Haileybury 30 11
Parkside Vultures 32 10
St Bernards 27 14
Uni Blacks 24 20
That Blacks number looks like falling to 17 played every game. 3 decent outs today in big game against Bernard’s.

Got lucky with Carey
Ashes played Parky into form and Parky have a great record against AJAX
Bernard’s will win the flag
...and the Ashes finally had some good ins

The B in B Grade stands for BONANZA!
Snowdogs let us all know that it isn’t a 2 horse race.
Uni can be forgiven a loss away against a fellow contender.
Panthers lucky perhaps, but any win at Shark Park is a good one.
Beauy stiff, but will push hard for a finals birth.
Caulfield are good. Very good.
Mazenod are not good. Not very good.
AJAX will be lucky to survive and have been a major disappointment.
Vultures are improving and will not play finals or drop.
There is life in the Ashers yet. They are not the certainties to drop we all thought they were last week.
Haileybury are in big big trouble. No depth and no hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back