NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had a quality news section for MSM we’d have seen this highlighted by now. Said it before the LNP are petrified of social media due to this type of thing coming out. The Murdoch & Costello media organisations need to hang their heads in shame. It’s not news anymore it opinion piece and some of it should be classified as fiction. Investigative journalism is almost dead in this country.

If we had a quality news section for MSM we’d have seen this highlighted by now. Said it before the LNP are petrified of social media due to this type of thing coming out. The Murdoch & Costello media organisations need to hang their heads in shame. It’s not news anymore it opinion piece and some of it should be classified as fiction. Investigative journalism is almost dead in this country.
A couple of days ago Leigh Sales was on twitter arguing the Sydney spike is likely just down to increased holiday testing, in a very Trumpian fashion.

Then sharing other journalists sharing her tweet about online bullying.

That's the calibre of Australian journalism at the moment. The host of Australia's premiere news program, the 7:30 Report, taking time off from attacking Dan Andrews to speculate falsely about a health emergency to dismiss an impending Omicron wave, then playing the victim and using other useless blue checks as a shield against valid criticism as they circle the wagons.

A couple of days ago Leigh Sales was on twitter arguing the Sydney spike is likely just down to increased holiday testing, in a very Trumpian fashion.

That's the calibre of Australian journalism at the moment. The host of Australia's premiere news program, the 7:30 Report, taking time off from attacking Dan Andrews to speculate falsely about a health emergency to dismiss an impending Omicron wave, then playing the victim and using other useless blue checks as a shield against valid criticism as they circle the wagons.
No1 takes traditional “journalists” seriously anymore. In a decades time it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a dieing career. Independent Social media journalism will be where we obtain a lot of our news from. As the boomers die off so will old school 1960’s media and news imo

.... Independent Social media journalism will be where we obtain a lot of our news from. As the boomers die off so will old school 1960’s media and news imo
might explain why certain lnp pollies have been actively pursuing defamation lawsuits of late

lol. comparing leigh sales to trump. how dare a journalist question and criticise my side of politics.

ummm its their bloody job to play devils advocate when questioning leaders.

theres actually a lot of anti media mentality amongst the dan fan boys that is reminding me a lot of the alt rights anti media Views. Another poster attacked fairfax as being biased against victoria earlier. we are only a couple of steps away from enemy of the people comments.

lol .... conservatives attack the abc for perceived bias and were told we should be more accomodating of political differences

attack the msm for a conservative bias and youre an unhinged loon no better than the slack jawed knuckle draggers that supported trump

is that the argument here?
It’s your typical glass jaw response from yesterday’s boys

I CALLED IT. I ******* CALLED IT.

“The changes come as the state's health system buckles under a continuing big surge in cases, long testing queues and delays in receiving pathology results.”

Have no idea how those changes fixes this problem. If anything it creates more problems. How long do you think it takes until we find out someone has been working regularly for a few days then a positive test pops up. These people will have been on public transport as a bare minimum. It’s a recipe for disaster that short term will help a little but long term cause more harm than good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. comparing leigh sales to trump. how dare a journalist question and criticise my side of politics.

ummm its their bloody job to play devils advocate when questioning leaders.

theres actually a lot of anti media mentality amongst the dan fan boys that is reminding me a lot of the alt rights anti media Views. Another poster attacked fairfax as being biased against victoria earlier. we are only a couple of steps away from enemy of the people comments.
No issue with criticism of Dan by sales for mine
But why downplay the nsw case spike
And has she said anything about the pathology fork up (which apparently is being reported in some msm as a st Vincent’s hospital (Melbourne) issue judging by the picture?

And has she said anything about the pathology fork up (which apparently is being reported in some msm as a st Vincent’s hospital (Melbourne) issue judging by the picture?
I'd prefer the media downplays the spikes instead of the usual sensationalism most outlets run with. Interesting disconnect between NSW and VIC case and ICU numbers currently. No need for them to hit the panic button yet.

I'd prefer the media downplays the spikes instead of the usual sensationalism most outlets run with. Interesting disconnect between NSW and VIC case and ICU numbers currently. No need for them to hit the panic button yet.
And no self reflection by media about how they reported the pathology bungle (with the picture of st Vincent’s Melbourne leading it to appear to be a Victorian not nsw story?)
The issue is media incompetence which appears to magnify Victorian issues and minimise NSW issues

And no self reflection by media about how they reported the pathology bungle (with the picture of st Vincent’s Melbourne leading it to appear to be a Victorian not nsw story?)
The issue is media incompetence which appears to magnify Victorian issues and minimise NSW issues
Media incompetence is a bug bear. There's no money good investigative journalism. That's why medua have loved the last few years so much. Quick headline, blood red graphics and people are hooked.

She does seem to lean a bit into the we are locking up too much crowd.

Is the pathology stuff up really that big a story? When a city is having 6000 cases a day (probably over 10000) then it really doesn’t seem to be that big a news story. There are cases all over Sydney going undectected. At this point contract tracing and mandatory isolation is irrelevant. It’s also a private company stuff up by the looks of it as well. Not a government one. Although I’m not on top of it.

She does seem to lean a bit into the we are locking up too much crowd.

Is the pathology stuff up really that big a story? When a city is having 6000 cases a day (probably over 10000) then it really doesn’t seem to be that big a news story. It’s a private company stuff up by the looks of it as well. Not a government one.
It’s an error rate of 10-15 percent on that day. It reduces trust in being tested and also interacting with those tested (eg did any of these people use that result for travel, or to visit aged care, or have an operation) it makes contact tracing now (in relevant settings like health care) difficult (workforce issues re furlough)
And I don’t know if st Vincent’s pathology is similar to (in Vic) Austin pathology which is pathology company operated out of Austin hospital, which would mean not really private (will need to look)

Edit yes it seems similar from the website I found

It’s an error rate of 10-15 percent on that day. It reduces trust in being tested and also interacting with those tested (eg did any of these people use that result for travel, or to visit aged care, or have an operation) it makes contact tracing now (in relevant settings like health care) difficult (workforce issues re furlough)
And I don’t know if st Vincent’s pathology is similar to (in Vic) Austin pathology which is pathology company operated out of Austin hospital, which would mean not really private (will need to look)
I think those boats have all sailed anyway. Contract tracing, and mandatory isolation and Covid testing for close contracts is effectively dying now anyway. It’s now becoming treat it as a flu situation. If you are sick stay home. Soon we won’t even bother to Covid test except in high risk settings like hospitals. People with symptoms will just stay home without testing.

Not exactly unpredictable. This will soon be the case in Victoria and Queensland as well.
It already is 7 days for double vaccinated social contacts in Vic and work exposure is now ignored if you were wearing ppe at time of exposure (we are also getting regular asymptomatic tests as well)

I think those boats have all sailed anyway. Contract tracing, and mandatory isolation and Covid testing for close contracts is effectively dying now anyway. It’s now becoming treat it as a flu situation. If you are sick stay home. Soon we won’t even bother to Covid test except in high risk settings like hospitals. People with symptoms will just stay home without testing.
Oh that’s definitely happening already; though there is still incentive to test positive if you live with a known positive as 1) there is some medical monitoring available (Telehealth) and 2) it will reduce your isolation period (if you test positive shortly after housemate cf waiting for them to be cleared then you getting your 7-14 days depending on vax status after their clearance date)
Workplace furlough doesn’t seem to be going away (see impact on airlines pulling flights recently due to lack of staff) and transportation/ freight.

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back