NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an observation.

victorians always head up to qld in summer

FFS i remember newsagents used to have two papers for sale in the GC. The Courier Mail and the Herald Sun (and this was back in the 90s)

I think a lot comes back to what is being tried to achieve. They’re trying to bring back the tourist dollars that they’ve lost as people have abandoned Sydney & Melbourne as big tourist destinations. It’s why Scumo was pretty desperate for WA to open up before Christmas, to gain that mining money coming over there. Problem is I think the circuit breaker has already hit and I don’t see those places as the number one ticket in town anymore and honestly may not be for a fair while. As per usual the LNP just cannot read the room as they are so out of touch with the everyday person.

Where as places like Tassie & Queensland are have a huge tourist influx atm

victorians always head up to qld in summer

FFS i remember newsagents used to have two papers for sale in the GC. The Courier Mail and the Herald Sun (and this was back in the 90s)
They’re also flocking to tassie. It will turn around but it’s not happening until places like Melbourne can get back to a normalised life with entertainment. It will happen imo but not until the end of 2022.

And no self reflection by media about how they reported the pathology bungle (with the picture of st Vincent’s Melbourne leading it to appear to be a Victorian not nsw story?)
The issue is media incompetence which appears to magnify Victorian issues and minimise NSW issues
when the same mistakes keep getting made in the same direction it's not incompetence its by design

Feds act like all the dodgy shit they get caught doing was a mistake but they keep doing it after being caught and keep finding new ways to get caught

Same with Journo's or media outlets with agenda's

Sales would be right at home over at Murdoch or Costello's companies

She's also very parochial when it comes to NSW, then you've got Speers on Insiders

Buttrose might not be the push over Morrison was but she still leans more his way politically than her predecessor and the ABC is being impacted by it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a over a year to prep for this, now they are changing the rules by the minute, they don't even mention getting a 4 month booster or that AZ is not that effective versus Omicron

what a utter debacle having a boy premier in charge

What's the problem? Poster called DarkSaint has it, says it's the same as a cold.

had a over a year to prep for this, now they are changing the rules by the minute, they don't even mention getting a 4 month booster or that AZ is not that effective versus Omicron

what a utter debacle having a boy premier in charge

What's the alternative? Asymptomatic cases or people with a scratchy throat clogging up EDs?

Two doses is very likely to keep you out of hospital. Gotta trust the vaccines. They work, end of.

Looking likey now that AZ is doing quite well in the UK as well.

This looks a lot like hospitals at breaking point to me.
not really
- during prior outbreak they peaked mid september with 1253 hospital admissions and 242 ICU admissions with 122 ventilated. (THough I do recall some controversy about "inpatients" being managed at home but counting towards admissions - locally in Vic we have had monitoring of people at home but they were not counting to our inpatient total)

Daily Cases Admitted to Hospital - COVID Live

not really
- during prior outbreak they peaked mid september with 1253 hospital admissions and 242 ICU admissions with 122 ventilated. (THough I do recall some controversy about "inpatients" being managed at home but counting towards admissions - locally in Vic we have had monitoring of people at home but they were not counting to our inpatient total)

Daily Cases Admitted to Hospital - COVID Live
Wouldn’t it be of a major concern when you look at those figures and the upward trend points a bleak picture of say in two weeks time?

I will say this it’s only going to take one person sent home and pass away for there to be an uproar by the public and media. And then the hospital admissions will cop the brunt of people wanting to be admitted.

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW Premier "iCare" Perrottet and the Libs' Poison Chalice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back