Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
Would love a general update from Mr Gold
Hello Mr 45, my good friend Mr Gold asked me to reply on his behalf.

Like many clubs, SKOB has been affected by people preferring to do something else with their weekends, so will field only 10 teams in 2022. From the senior team, there is only one person who has left for $$$ whilst a handful have moved to Qld for a year to play with Billy Gowers and co. We wish them the best of luck and look forward to their return once they decide to come back to Melbourne.

We look forward to welcoming Old Melburinans to TH King this weekend.

Good luck to all and sundry for 2022, let's hope we can have an uninterrupted season full of fun and excitement.

Hello Mr 45, my good friend Mr Gold asked me to reply on his behalf.

Like many clubs, SKOB has been affected by people preferring to do something else with their weekends, so will field only 10 teams in 2022. From the senior team, there is only one person who has left for $$$ whilst a handful have moved to Qld for a year to play with Billy Gowers and co. We wish them the best of luck and look forward to their return once they decide to come back to Melbourne.

We look forward to welcoming Old Melburinans to TH King this weekend.

Good luck to all and sundry for 2022, let's hope we can have an uninterrupted season full of fun and excitement.
A clone , now we will get PlatinumBet

Let’s get some odds Mr Platinum. Early money for Xavs from me with some seriously big bodies running through the midfield/forwardline. If he stays fit Vandeberg is a monster to try and match up on
Mr Arch, Xavier are in my opinion also the clear favourites, although their recent finals form has been underwhelming at best. The last final they played in they were torched by 65 points.

Can the Mr Martin coached Blues compete with them? Based on last year, along with their non-existent depth, I would say unlikely but I would have them as the second favourites.

On the third rung I would have the Caulfield Grammarian lads, they are well coached and have recruited very well.

The final spot for the four is a race in three between Old Brighton, who will be stung by the loss of Nick Pavlou to the far reaches of Victoria, Old Melburnians, who are building their list to challenge this year, and the young SKOB.

The rest will be competing to avoid relegation, with the early whispers that St Bernard’s, under Mr Groves, are quite confident that they can more than hold their own at the top of this bracket.

Collegians could be the wild card, depending of course on injuries.

Last edited:
Caulfield will be in the top 4 this season.

I suspect my lions will spend another year battling to avoid relegation once again as the depth of talent is not what it once was at our football club.

Caulfield will be in the top 4 this season.

I suspect my lions will spend another year battling to avoid relegation once again as the depth of talent is not what it once was at our football club.
Hell of run for Collegians recently.......The big bodied mid in ammos footy is always very hard to counter. Brown was a revelation at SKOB....bloke at Trinity also went OK! Playing against 70kg uni students can make you look like Rene Kink.

Honestly at this point I'm just very happy we have a season. Past years have been rough!!!

Looking forward to seeing the Green, Gold and Blue go again.

Old Brighton over Old Trinity
University Blues over Old Scotch
Caulfield Grammarians over Collegians
Old Xaverians over St Bernards
St Kevin's over Old Melburnians

Brighton > Old Trinity (the blowout)
Blues > Old Scotch (the close one)
Caulfield > Collegians
Xavs > St Bernard's
SKOB > Old Melburnians

How nice it is to post some Premier section tipping, let's hope we get a full season in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Brighton v Old Trinity - Too good at home
University Blues v Old Scotch - Have got too many stars, but will they gel
Caulfield Grammarians v Collegians - This could be close
Old Xaverians v St Bernards - Early season favourites to flex their muscles
St Kevin's v Old Melburnians - Also not sure this is obvious as it may appear, OM's could trouble them

Old Brighton v Old Trinity - Too good at home
University Blues v Old Scotch - Have got too many stars, but will they gel
Caulfield Grammarians v Collegians - This could be close
Old Xaverians v St Bernards - Early season favourites to flex their muscles
St Kevin's v Old Melburnians - Also not sure this is obvious as it may appear, OM's could trouble them
OB
UB
Caul
OX
OM

I could see Old Brighton v Old Trinity being a big blowout with SKOB v OMs being the closest game of the round.

Brahton 1 pointers to the fore
Scotchies Martyn’s men slow starters
CaulfieldAFL recruited well again
XavsAFL. Ditto
SKOBAFL don’t lose at home

Great win by the lions yesterday.

The younger brigade played well all day and just marched CGFC at every contest all day.

Go Lions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back