Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
Had those players not been registered with the VAFA, they wouldn't have even been able to be added to the teamsheet.

Just out of interest, does the SportsTG site alert you if you are over the points allowance when submitting the teamsheet?
That was t the problem, uni blues under valued 2 guys points to get the required amount of 45

Had a read of Leader article and only mentions William and Carrington as the only players who caused points issues? I thought Gleeson was also an issue being named as a 1 pointer not a 6?
That was a red herring by Blues. The real violations were Mr J Goddard and Mr W Carrington.

Blues were trying to claim Mr Gleeson should have been a one pointer because he attended a part time course at RMIT.

Now THAT is a Wank!!!!!
Why can't the vafa have the same points system as all other leagues, how can enrolling in a course part time allow you to be a 1 point player, I'm happy for full time students under 24 to be 1 point players, but to try claim Gleeson as a 1 pointer is garbage, if he wants to be a 1 pointer go back to the south-west of Victoria each week to play

Who would you have left out? Also no Mr T McCann was a surprise?
Ha ha. Not quite. Reckon some of the listed players did their best work pre 2000 so would have had Gilham in there....few did more to break the finals curse and was huge in the GF comeback. I wont be talking down any SKOB legends on this forum or any other. He was just the one who stood out.

I was under the impression RMIT now flies under the Melbourne Uni flag.
No, not at all, that's why their 2019 flag is tainted, they tried to claim that because they have a 'relationship' with anyone who attends RMIT that they're welcome to play at Blues that this should qualify as them automatically being registered as one pointers. Obviously the VAFA rejected this ridiculous claim recently. Next they'll be claiming Bendigo High school as an affiliation.

Their other angle they tried was that some kids who attend RMIT and other institutions rent rooms at Melbourne Uni to live in, so they should be classified as one pointers, another laughable 'point'.

Their appeal is also groundless, we all play under the Football Victoria rules and regulations, so it's a spurious attempt to save face.

No, not at all, that's why their 2019 flag is tainted, they tried to claim that because they have a 'relationship' with anyone who attends RMIT that they're welcome to play at Blues that this should qualify as them automatically being registered as one pointers. Obviously the VAFA rejected this ridiculous claim recently. Next they'll be claiming Bendigo High school as an affiliation.

Their other angle they tried was that some kids who attend RMIT and other institutions rent rooms at Melbourne Uni to live in, so they should be classified as one pointers, another laughable 'point'.

Their appeal is also groundless, we all play under the Football Victoria rules and regulations, so it's a spurious attempt to save face.
Isn't Football Victoria Soccer ? Anyhow no did anything about Aitkin at the higher level

Isn't Football Victoria Soccer ? Anyhow no did anything about Aitkin at the higher level

It is now

Football Victoria changed its name to AFL Victoria some years ago

And recently Football Federation Victoria (soccer) changed its name to Football Victoria, so have taken over the name

Just another small past of the AFL's drive to rename the sport from "Australian Rules", "Aussie Rule" or "Football" to "AFL".

It is now

Football Victoria changed its name to AFL Victoria some years ago

And recently Football Federation Victoria (soccer) changed its name to Football Victoria, so have taken over the name

Just another small past of the AFL's drive to rename the sport from "Australian Rules", "Aussie Rule" or "Football" to "AFL".
Apologies gents and ladies l, my bad. So AFL Victoria it is, the guardians of all things Aussie rules in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brahton 22 player points
SKOBAFL only lose to Wesley under lights
UNIAFL will maintain the rage for 1 week
XavsAFL where is their $11.0k?
Melbournians

I love the Scotchies Chutzpah in sending out 45 points vs UniAFL today.
I hope they win
Even better if a few are dubious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back