Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Milera not training today. Max's likely round one chances increasing by the day.

Moose back in training group for some drills.

worrell and bond in rehab.
Be good if the club actually gave us an update on what is actually going on with Milera if that's the case given he was all smiles at team photo day yesterday and given he was spotted in country Victoria last week when the lads were in Perth.

How does he say we don’t know who our second forward is, then goes on to say Tex is no 1. Bloody obvious that Fog is no 2 if not no 1 by the end of the year.

I honestly don’t know how some of these ex-players get paid for their opinions when they are so idiotic. Reminds me how McDermott had such a long media career, he was an idiot.

I think it was Robbo who said that Fog will get the number one defender from about round three onwards.

I actually think that Fog will get the best defender from Round one.

Barrass is WC number one KPD and stopper, who has destroyed Tex at times and Fog came out on top, probably BOG.

Be good if the club actually gave us an update on what is actually going on with Milera if that's the case given he was all smiles at team photo day yesterday and given he was spotted in country Victoria last week when the lads were in Perth.
Yep it’s intriguing situation

I’m gonna say he doesn’t play round 1 given he missed the eagles game and not training

Parnell plays and Michaelanny to debut

Sub now and Himmelberg vs Thilthorpe the 2 main queries

Yep it’s intriguing situation

I’m gonna say he doesn’t play round 1 given he missed the eagles game and not training

Parnell plays and Michaelanny to debut

Sub now and Himmelberg vs Thilthorpe the 2 main queries
I like the structure better with MM in the team. Frees up Doedee and Parnell to be more attacking.

Milera can start the year in the two's.

I like the structure better with MM in the team. Frees up Doedee and Parnell to be more attacking.

Milera can start the year in the two's.
Yep if milera had of played and performed against west coast and had momentum then happy if he played round 1

But don’t think there’s any need to change too much of structure we had against eagles going into round 1

he didn't say but he had carlton top 4 and essendon making the 8 both of which are unlikely
Haha Essendon in the 8 tell him he's dreaming, they don't even have any good players how are they making the 8 plus the dead weight that is Brad Scott as coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Neil Craig in the mall Sunday - what's he doing these days within AFL - the last I remember he had a game day role with maybe Gold Coast?
Last I heard he was head of coaching, development and performance at Carlton.

Edit...

According to his LinkedIn page he's still there unless it hasn't been updated lately

Last edited:
I saw Neil Craig in the mall Sunday - what's he doing these days within AFL - the last I remember he had a game day role with maybe Gold Coast?
According to his wikipedia page
"In December 2019, Craig joined the Gold Coast Suns in a part-time consultancy role for the coaching group. This involved a game day bench role in the 2021 season.[25]"

But no update post 2021.

Milera missed the West Coast game due to "personal reasons", so hard to say if it's a continuation of that or what. If it is it's certainly understandable that they haven't given an update.

Milera missed the West Coast game due to "personal reasons", so hard to say if it's a continuation of that or what. If it is it's certainly understandable that they haven't given an update.
Looked all smiles in all the photos at the team photo day yesterday.

That's what his LinkedIn page says, yes, "October 2015-present". Don't know how that squares with the Gold Coast role as per the wikipedia page.
Don't think he updated his Linkdin since he went off to England for their Rugby team in 2017 and then joined Gold Coast in 2019 when his contract with England ran out.

Looking through Google it looks like he's with the Wallabies now in a high performance role.

Elsewhere, Jones revealed he would bring in former AFL coach Neil Craig, a longtime advisor he put in charge of high performance when he joined England.

Don't think he updated his Linkdin since he went off to England for their Rugby team in 2017 and then joined Gold Coast in 2019 when his contract with England ran out.

Looking through Google it looks like he's with the Wallabies now in a high performance role.
Yes, looks like it. Looking a little further, I see Carlton announced he was leaving in August 2017. And the Suns announced he was joining them in 2019. With the Wallabies gig in between, presumably. No word on whether he's still with the Suns. He doesn't appear to be on their website under "coaches" but as a consultant I guess you wouldn't expect that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back