Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes his 2 tackles against the Pies really changed the game.
If he kicked the shot after his run down on Maynard he definitely would've.

He's not a superstar, but that slight tinge of crazy and athleticism he has adds something more than a one-pager TMc imo

If he kicked the shot after his run down on Maynard he definitely would've.

He's not a superstar, but that slight tinge of crazy and athleticism he has adds something more than a one-pager TMc imo

I really like what he's done this year, has improved on previous form and showed some good signs - But for mine, TMac is a better option given his contested marking and better kicking for goal and I think we're the last team that should play 3 tall forwards. Also, Joel is the absolute perfect sub IMO.

*. Poor Milkshake. This sucks.

Sad Michael Scott GIF

It's hard to see him coming back into the side in a years time for a finals campaign. You'd expect that's basically curtains on his career.

Footy is not fair.

Ah bloody hell the swapping of subs always mucks me up... potentially Hibberd

So:

Tommo, May, Rivers
McVee, Lever, Salem
Hunter, Viney, Langdon
Gus, TMac, ANB
Fritsch, JVR, Pickett
Gawn, Trac, Clarry

Chandler, Bowey, Pig, Sparrow, Smith (sub)
Swapping a forward for a back seems an odd choice.

Honestly if Hibbo was part of our plans he would have been in the team by now.

Didn’t see the game but my fundamentals for selection for the finals would be Smith starting sub, I think we need Tommo on for some more height.

So with Melk out that’s 3 ins required.

I’m going Tommo for Disco.
Laurie for Melk.
I’d like to say Woey for Smith but that’s taking a risk with a small fast forward mix I don’t think we’ll take so I think it’ll be Tmac and I can understand why.

Swapping a forward for a back seems an odd choice.

Honestly if Hibbo was part of our plans he would have been in the team by now.

Been out with concussion so don't reckon it's that definitive. Has generally played when not injured this year.

Think with our versatility and game style it's not a big deal bringing in a back tbh, and Hibberd could end up a good match up for Elliot potentially. Pies have very good mid-sized forwards and I'm not sure I trust Bowey and Salem with them.

Been out with concussion so don't reckon it's that definitive. Has generally played when not injured this year.

Think with our versatility and game style it's not a big deal bringing in a back tbh, and Hibberd could end up a good match up for Elliot potentially. Pies have very good mid-sized forwards and I'm not sure I trust Bowey and Salem with them.

Yeah I think the key with the Pies is guys like Elliot, Johnson etc have given us trouble in the past and there is no way you'd want Bowey/Salem playing on them. Against Carlton I could see them not playing Hibbo for example, but against someone like Pies or Brisbane 100% he plays.

The concussion came in a VFL game the week after he was a sub against Carlton. I'd love for him to be in the side but just don't see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh ok, maybe it was his 11 pressure acts? Only 13 Demons had more, so that's pretty elite I guess.

So he was better than 9 others ? That's pretty good for someone who spent the entire game in the forward line. Remind me when Tom McDonald has 11 next week and kicks at least 2 goals.

I'm sure the Pies defenders will feel immense pressure with Tom's speed, hunting them down.

Gee whiz. That sucks.

Melksham has been a really good player for us. Has done so well to make it back into this side and has had some huge moments for us. Some of my favourites, actually:

• v. Hawthorn, 2018
  • v. Carlton, 2022
  • v. Brisbane, 2023

So he was better than 9 others ? That's pretty good for someone who spent the entire game in the forward line. Remind me when Tom McDonald has 11 next week and kicks at least 2 goals.

Mate, I like Smith, but you're arguing about the difference between a forward who can take contested grabs, deliver well inside 50 and kick straight for goal with an athletic bloke who's there mostly to try and apply pressure. It's not the same.

Smith kicked 1 goal against the Pies btw.

Gee whiz. That sucks.

Melksham has been a really good player for us. Has done so well to make it back into this side and has had some huge moments for us. Some of my favourites, actually:

• v. Hawthorn, 2018
  • v. Carlton, 2022
  • v. Brisbane, 2023
The sealer against West Coast to get us into the finals in 2018 was another great moment

Mate, I like Smith, but you're arguing about the difference between a forward who can take contested grabs, deliver well inside 50 and kick straight for goal with an athletic bloke who's there mostly to try and apply pressure. It's not the same.

Smith kicked 1 goal against the Pies btw.

I just think us not allowing them to walk it out of defense was a big part of the win, I'm concerned with plodder Tom he'll be a weak link in the chain.

I'm sure he will be the in, Goody will want someone to play Melk's role contesting marks and defending against Moore and we have no one else.

I just think us not allowing them to walk it out of defense was a big part of the win, I'm concerned with plodder Tom he'll be a weak link in the chain.

I'm sure he will be the in, Goody will want someone to play Melk's role contesting marks and defending against Moore and we have no one else.

All arguments aside, I do hear what you're saying in regards to the risk - I just reckon it's worth it. TMac is in ripping form, and as far as being a link in the chain, he took 9 marks today, and he's generally a good kick going forward so I think an reasonably in-form TMac can help us improve a lot in that area, enough so that it offsets whatever the pressure difference might be between him and Joel.

It's Goody, so there'd be no surprise if TMac and Grundy come in and join Smith and JVR forward.

I hate Tmac but id probably give him another game in the 2s and if he plays well he's in. He's missed heaps of footy last few years so I think getting another game into him is a good thing.

Tomlinson played well against Pies on KB. He needs to come in against their tall forward set up.

I’d also bring in Pig Hibberd. He’s built for games like this. Also provides a negating role option.

Not a fan of a TMac inclusion but JVR will play better with the support of a second tall. And who knows the big galoot might bob up in a few key moments.

In: Tomlinson Hibberd McDonald
Out: Melksham (inj) Turner (omit) Laurie (omit)

Tomlinson May Rivers
McVee Lever Salem
Langdon Petracca Hunter
ANB McDonald Brayshaw
Pickett JVR Fritsch
Gawn Oliver Viney
Sparrow Chandler Bowey Hibberd
Sub: Smith

This side beats Collingwood ☝🏼

Last edited:
Tomlinson played well against Pies on KB. He needs to come in against their tall forward set up.

I’d also bring in Pig Hibberd. He’s built for games like this. Also provides a negating role option.

Not a fan of a TMac inclusion but JVR will play better with the support of a second tall. And who knows the big galoot might bob up in a few key moments.

In: Tomlinson Hibberd McDonald
Out: Melksham (inj) Turner (omit) Laurie (omit)

Tomlinson May Rivers
McVee Lever Salem
Langdon Petracca Hunter
ANB McDonald Brayshaw
Pickett JVR Fritsch
Gawn Oliver Viney
Sparrow Chandler Bowey Hibberd
Sub: Smith

This side beats Collingwood ☝🏼
Smith to play the melksham role, I would not be bringing in Tom McDonald, will be a step backwards in your more dynamic forward setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back