Game Day Preview Rnd 12 Geelong V Richmond, Sat 1st June 2024, 7:30pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think we trust ourselves to win any given clearance so they're going in to support and giving Richmond the outnumber. They're also right not to trust us to win the clearance too

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I agree but you just cant do it it allows arsey goals. Lose the clearances and stack numbers behind the ball to intercept if you must.
Not playing mannagh when the midfield is this weak (unless its the baby issue) is moronic. Unfortunately we probably should have brought danger back tonught.

Too many marking targets and too wet. Neale needs to ruck, so you're choosing between Hawkins, Cameron, and Henry

I would have subbed hawkins not henry.

I don't think we trust ourselves to win any given clearance so they're going in to support and giving Richmond the outnumber. They're also right not to trust us to win the clearance too

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

During that second quarter, when we did get first hands on the ball in the guts & tried to move it forward, we all moved forward

At the same time, there would be one or two Richmond players holding to see who would win the clearance, which meant that if we fumbled, they had open players goal side

We needed at least one player to hold on the defensive side rather than all getting sucked to the ball like AusKick kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't about selection of personnel or individual mistakes. They're easy to pick on but not the issue. The whole structure of the team is all at sea right now. On top of that we've lost all cohesion and all confidence. We'll battle on but it's really hard to see how we turn this around when goals come so easy at our defensive end and take so much work for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back