Prospects for 2010 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Wallis and Libba jnr are eligible for father-son to bulldogs. But what happens if clubs rate them both as R1 picks and are willing to use 1st round pick. To my knowledge, the dogs have to take them with there next available selection.
Therefore, if both are rated top 10 and dogs selection is 15, do they have to choose which player and then the other player is available to everyone? Or can they use their first round and then their second round to get both?

The Dogs must use their next pick after the highest bid.

e.g Pies bid for Libba with pick 10 and North Bid for Wallace with Pick 12

The Doggies have pick 14.

The doggies will then use 14 on libba and 30 on wallace.

Good time to have FS picks.

Great year to have 2 potential guns locked away in a draft which will be taken over by the GC. Our recruiting manager won't have a lot to do this year if we take Wallis and Libba with our 1st two picks (22-26 and 38-42 if we finish top 4), he's first live pick will be somewhere in the mid 50's

Great year to have 2 potential guns locked away in a draft which will be taken over by the GC. Our recruiting manager won't have a lot to do this year if we take Wallis and Libba with our 1st two picks (22-26 and 38-42 if we finish top 4), he's first live pick will be somewhere in the mid 50's
You guys are definitely in an enviable position, no doubt about it.

don't know whether he's eligible this season, but Anthony Soriano. mate of mine at school, but I'm not 100% certain if he's this draft or the next. Plays for Oakleigh Chargers

Andrew Gaff from Oakleigh Chargers, IMO is an absolute certainty to go top 5.
Dominated Vic Metro as a bottom age last year and has had about 40 possessions in his first 2 TAC games for 2010.

Josh Caddy by all reports will go close, midfielder who will naturally have a big body (his brother was one of those just missed out stories at the dogs a while ago and has been destroying backmen in the diamond valley ever since.)

Darcy Barden is the one to watch from the nights though 6'6 key position/ruckmen started fantastic in round 1

Josh Caddy by all reports will go close, midfielder who will naturally have a big body (his brother was one of those just missed out stories at the dogs a while ago and has been destroying backmen in the diamond valley ever since.)

Darcy Barden is the one to watch from the nights though 6'6 key position/ruckmen started fantastic in round 1
Love what I saw from Caddy, real leader, classy and dangerous.

Barden dominated a horrid Cannons defense in round 1, played well, showed good hands and work rate, but he's a plodder and unsure with the footy outside of goal scoring range.

Dion Pretia impressed me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love what I saw from Caddy, real leader, classy and dangerous.

Barden dominated a horrid Cannons defense in round 1, played well, showed good hands and work rate, but he's a plodder and unsure with the footy outside of goal scoring range.

Dion Pretia impressed me.

kicked another 6 sat in a bog perormance, now i know he has had average teams to play against in the 1st 2 weeks but as an old coach said to me doesnt matter how bad they are you still have to win the footy

Saw barden on the weekend and he killed them. Played on Bruce who goes ok and kicked 6g from about 12-13 scoring shots.

More athletc than you think and a wonderful user of his body to out mark his opponent..smart player. Nice kick as well.

problem is that I dont see him as that much better than Temel or Panos and those blokes struggled to get drafted so not sure where that leaves Darcy.

How was his turning circle Snoop? Was average when I watch, though he was BOG.

Also, his decision making outside 50?

wasnt bad and he was playing on BRuce and then Perry who are both pretty athletic. He played FF all day so only time he went outside 50 was on the lead. What struck me was that he led to a comfortable kicking distance. He was happy to lead up and most of his mark were lead up (he took cont as well) all they were all in the 35-50m range. Distance was never an issue. The thing with this kid is he is smart. Leads to the right spots, demands the footy and can finish. Work on the ground was ok at times to. Played well vs Calder obviously so the next real test is to see how he goes against someone like WIlson - hopefully we see it at the champs.

Saw barden on the weekend and he killed them. Played on Bruce who goes ok and kicked 6g from about 12-13 scoring shots.

More athletc than you think and a wonderful user of his body to out mark his opponent..smart player. Nice kick as well.

problem is that I dont see him as that much better than Temel or Panos and those blokes struggled to get drafted so not sure where that leaves Darcy.

i think that he is 6'6 is a little advantage and the fact the gc17 have to pick up 20+ players through the draft. Its a really good time to be under 18 over the next 2 years.

You would think that if Anton Woods was a year younger he may have got on a rookie list somewhere

Does anyone know what happened to Tom Nicholls from the sandy dragons? Was in last years or this years ais squad, and was underage last yr, but doesnt seem to be on their team list this year..

Harley Bennell as a half back flanker there is none better in the WAFL already.

Also loves the fact he goes into the centre square, and dominates then goes foward and kicks goals.

Will be a very good prospect for next years rising star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prospects for 2010 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back