• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

South Australia team:
SA Deitz, GS Blewett, *DS Lehmann, MJ Cosgrove, MC Miller,
BP Cameron, +GA Manou, JM Davison, MF Cleary, SW Tait, PC Rofe.

Victoria team:
MTG Elliott, MP Mott, BJ Hodge, J Moss, DJ Hussey, CL White,
AB McDonald, *+DS Berry, ML Lewis, MWH Inness, AB Wise.

South Australia won the toss and batted.

A very important toss to win given the weather forecast.

SA need to make 4/300 + today to capitalise on the toss.

Deitz gone on the second ball of the day, caught at third slip by the giant killer, from the bowling of Matty Inness.

How Deitz got a game before Fitzgerald i'll never know.

Come on Vics, get through the kid now.

Cameron has started well, if he can get through the first hour, batting will be easy, given the bowlers will be struggling with the heat.

Excellent to see the back of squib Blewett.

Boof is due though, interesting to see his approach.

Well done Inness, on fire since coming back.

Originally posted by marcuz
Inness may well be bowling himself onto a tour to india...

He's a Victorian mate, would need to take all 20 wickets and make a double century with the bat to even make the short list.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
He's a Victorian mate, would need to take all 20 wickets and make a double century with the bat to even make the short list.

lol..true

It's a shame to as his record suggests he should be playing tests now if a bloke like bracken can get in. Unfortunately for Inness the cap he wears is the wrong shade of blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by apollo_creed
WTF have you got against Blewey?

As i said the other day, he's soft as butter, gives his wicket away cheaply and rarely scores runs under pressure.

Enormous talent, a severe lack of heart.

Excellent to see the back of squib Blewett.

Boof is due though, interesting to see his approach.

Well done Inness, on fire since coming back.

If he is such a 'squib' then why are you so glad to see the back of him? If he is so 'soft' then what damage can he cause at the crease?

Originally posted by lamby29
Cameron appears to be batting well.

Certainly scoring quickly, but then again, so does Davison.

Will be interesting to see if Cameron can put together a big innings, a good test of a young cricketer.

Originally posted by eastaugh36
If he is such a 'squib' then why are you so glad to see the back of him? If he is so 'soft' then what damage can he cause at the crease?

This is a nothing match for South Australia, is it not?

Like i said, he makes runs when it means nothing, struggles when it is an important innings (at least over the past 2-3 years).

Keep the blind faith going though Easty, it's fun.

This is a nothing match for South Australia, is it not?

Like i said, he makes runs when it means nothing, struggles when it is an important innings (at least over the past 2-3 years).

Keep the blind faith going though Easty, it's fun.

Whats wrong with being loyal to my state?
Your team was a rabble not long ago and I am sure you were still behind them. Being there in the bad times makes the good times so much better.

Nothing to do with supporting them Easty, moreso using blind faith.

Defending someone simply because they are from your state is your usual MO, regardless of what field of endeavour they are in.

Anyway, back to the game.

Boof gone to the giant killer.

One more wicket and we're pretty much into the tail. Hopefully one of these two kids will make a silly mistake to allow us in.

Nothing to do with supporting them Easty, moreso using blind faith.

Defending someone simply because they are from your state is your usual MO, regardless of what field of endeavour they are in.

Anyway, back to the game.

Who else have I defended only because they are from my state?

Originally posted by eastaugh36
Who else have I defended only because they are from my state?

Hewitt for one, Cattalini is another (even though he merely plays for Adelaide).

Happy to compile a list when the cricket's over, if you so desire.

This Cameron kid seems to be another in the long line of South Aussie cricketers with only one gear.

For South Australia to contend for a title, i believe they need to develop one or two batsmen who can pace an innings, guys who can judge what it needed and adjust.

Guys like Blewett, Cosgrove, Miller, Davison and Manou are all 'all or nothing' cricketers, a team down towards the bottom can't sustain so many of this type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pura Cup: Victoria vs. South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back