News Putting the Rich back into Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cowboys
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/putting-the-rich-back-into-richmond/story-e6frf9jf-1226003227389

THE newly refurbished Punt Rd development has a vast concrete balcony with an elevated view of Richmond's famed oval.

Coach Damien Hardwick has ambitious plans to use it one day.

"We are striving for success, and Brendon (Gale) and the board and myself have a dream of having 30,000 people out here looking at that balcony and the (premiership) cup.

''But I can't look Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin in the eye and say we are giving it our best shot, because at the moment we are making compromises. We are hamstrung," he says.....

Several interesting bombshells in there, intriguing to hear his thoughts on a standalone VFL side made so public, we heard rumblings about this at the fan night nice to see it might become a reality.

Can't wait to hear what March and Gale have cooked up with this Fighting Tiger Fund initiative. Exciting times.

Bloody hell I love this club, listening to Benny Gale and the Passion he has in his voice for the Club almost brings a tear to the eye.

I don't want to sound like a whinging bitch, but...

We all buy a membership each year, surely asking us for extra random cash donations is a little odd. Sure we have to clear this debt but I don't think that asking the members to fork out again is really the right way to go about it. I am 19, with a good paying job and could afford to fork out some extra cash, it just seems weird though. I'm not sure yet, gonna wait on it.

Are the players/staff chipping in ala Melbourne with their debt recovery?

We all buy a membership each year, surely asking us for extra random cash donations is a little odd. Sure we have to clear this debt but I don't think that asking the members to fork out again is really the right way to go about it. I am 19, with a good paying job and could afford to fork out some extra cash, it just seems weird though. I'm not sure yet, gonna wait on it.

The question is though.... do you want a flag or not? I want a flag and unfortunately the current administration is suffering due to past failures. They don't deserve this burden and I think we should all band together and donate. I want this club big again.

look unfortunately this is a business and we cannot rely on passion alone, now that we have the smarts in benny and the coach in hardy if we want to get there we have to dig a bit deeper, we need to invest in success, I was there to shake cans I am there every year as a member and if that means I kick in mor I will, that is just what you have to do.....

Re: Richmond $6 million bid to buy an AFL flag

if we go that extra I am sure the people that run the club now know what to do- every little bit helps- I was there when we had to shake cans I have been there over the journey and I will be there again, call to arms.....what sort of club do we want to have?

As a long time supporter, I would love to give the club I love every opportunity to live out a life long dream I have had since I was a 6yo in 1982.

It doesnt buy a premiership but it sure does help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is interesting article also on the same subject.

Putting the Rich back into Richmond

Gale estimates Collingwood has spent $8million more on its football department in the past ten years than the Tigers.

Thank goodness for the urgency to correct this. We need to be able to convince these poachables that this is the best place to be and back it up.

This is interesting article also on the same subject.

Putting the Rich back into Richmond

Gale estimates Collingwood has spent $8million more on its football department in the past ten years than the Tigers.

Thank goodness for the urgency to correct this. We need to be able to convince these poachables that this is the best place to be and back it up.

Hmm Richmond making its own play for Tom Scully????:D

I think its mainly aimed at the deep pockets. Having said that ill chip in a little definitely, the thought of Dimma, Benny and the boys standing on that balcony premiership cup aloft gives me goosebumps.

You do....

The club realises that not all members, or supporters, are in a position to donate, but if you don't ask, you won't get.
Lets hope the come up with a scheme that donations are tax deductible.:)

On seperate issue the saints look to be about to appoint centrebet as its major sposnor, given that we wernt allowed to have luxbet due to the afl being sponsored by Sporting Bet why is the saints allowed?

Geez, one would think it is a Gillard / Flood tax like scheme

The club are asking people to chip in and help pay off the debt, as mentioned before, it is likely aimed at those with deep pockets, but somewhere out there a 5yo may want to chip in 50 cents to help his club etc etc

Someone like you may or may not choose to donate, your choice and one can't knock anyone for whichever choice they make.

We simply can't pay off the debt, there is nothing wrong with our community owned club asking it's community for help.

It goes beyond needing to get something in return for your dollars...
Sure, buy a membership and as the word suggests you become a 'member' of the footy club and therefore gain some benefits... fair enough.

Clearing debt is more about going beyond the 'what's in it for me' mentality and just taking pride in the fact that you are part of a special group of people who truly love The Club win, lose or draw and as part of that 'family' you pitch in... it bonds your soul even closer to the entity.

It's like the anonymous donation to any cause, you feel good because you have helped out... that's all you need in return and no one needs to know.

I love The Tigers!

[FONT=&quot]Thanks guys for all your takes – we appreciate all your views. Our members and supporters have been magnificent and are the reason we have such strong foundations to build on and are the reason why we think the FTF can be a success.. It is why this campaign isn’t about survival, it is about the ultimate success.

Dimma said it this morning, we're not here to "exist" we're here to win.
[/FONT]

Remove this Banner Ad

News Putting the Rich back into Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back