Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the most important question now is how many other ways can The Freeman find to rack up 28 touches in the magoos?

Sadly it shows you how important drafting is at the top end.

Freeman vs Stephenson.

How amazing it is to see how badly vs how well you can do

I don't subscribe to that revisionist view at all - at the time I wasn't displeased with his selection at pick 10 as he looked like he filled a definite need in terms of leg speed and the ability to both hold his own in and burst away from stoppages.

He's just as much a victim of our poor off field support team as he is of his own misdeeds (and we know he managed to throw a couple of real doozys in there).

Edit: Apologies for taking the thread off topic here - plz don't ban me mods I promise it will never happen again...

Sadly it shows you how important drafting is at the top end.

Freeman vs Stephenson.

How amazing it is to see how badly vs how well you can do
Nah sorry. Can’t agree.
Freeman was taken as a speedster, the injuries killed his career at Collingwood, and is currently doing the same at StKilda.
But he was taken as a fit, healthy non injury prone junior.
Stephenson was taken as a speedster with a heart condition!
Luck has been the biggest contributor in both these selections.
Bad luck for Freeman.
So far, great luck for Stephenson.

Nah sorry. Can’t agree.
Freeman was taken as a speedster, the injuries killed his career at Collingwood, and is currently doing the same at StKilda.
But he was taken as a fit, healthy non injury prone junior.
Stephenson was taken as a speedster with a heart condition!
Luck has been the biggest contributor in both these selections.
Bad luck for Freeman.
So far, great luck for Stephenson.
Cant agree with what? Im not saying for whatever reason either did or didnt work out. I said it shows how drafting a kid on 1 hand can have a huge impact in your side while drafting others do nothing. Show the huge difference between hitting and missing the draft.

Cant agree with what? Im not saying for whatever reason either did or didnt work out. I said it shows how drafting a kid on 1 hand can have a huge impact in your side while drafting others do nothing. Show the huge difference between hitting and missing the draft.
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.
Looked much like a pot at a dissapointing selection vs a very positive selection.
You may use the Freeman v Stephenson comparison, but there are many hits and misses since the first days of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.
Looked much like a pot at a dissapointing selection vs a very positive selection.
You may use the Freeman v Stephenson comparison, but there are many hits and misses since the first days of the draft.
I'm simply saying it shows how much good/lucky drafting can effect your season. I'm not saying anyone was rightly or wrongly taken only the effect it has.

In all honesty good luck to the young fellow. Has been through hell with injury.

Hope to see him debut soon.

Then the other side of me wouldn't be too upset if he was to do a Ben Cousins. (the hamstring against Carlton, not all the other nonsense).

In all honesty good luck to the young fellow. Has been through hell with injury.

Hope to see him debut soon.

Then the other side of me wouldn't be too upset if he was to do a Ben Cousins. (the hamstring against Carlton, not all the other nonsense).

Nobody is wishing him bad luck. Hes already at StKilda.

"Nathan Freeman 10 kicks, 10 handballs, four marks, five tackles

It’s just good to see Freeza get a bit of continuity. He took two contested marks and he was pretty clever in his positioning, but his ability to read the cues and get back and support was really good. He’s improving, there’s no doubt about that, and we think he can go, so who knows what the back of the season will hold for him."

'who knows' what will happen... can't get a stronger endorsement than that!! 2-3 weeks

If Freeman had played every game since his recruitment, he would be on 102 AFL games (excluding finals).
That’s enough to make him a Life Member.

From his draft year (2013)
Games played to date:
99 games Taylor (Lewis)
98 games The Bont
95 games Merret
92 games Kelly
88 games McDonald

61 games Aish
27 games Scharenberg

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-05/st-kilda-forward-breaks-leg-defender-punctures-lung-#/

It is believed the star defender had been receiving treatment to relieve tension on a rib injury prior to training on Thursday.

Carlisle received an injection before suffering a minor puncture to his lung, which is expected to have him in the frame to play against Carlton next Friday night.

I see the brilliant Saints medical staff managed to puncture Carlisle’s lung before training...

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Back