QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to move on from the Aspley bashing and I’m the first to say I don’t like the club but I do respect the way the club is doing things, but the league made a decision and it won’t change.

Let’s remember we had lots of chat about how Brisbane teams are not up to coast teams in the QAFL so I’m happy to see Brisbane teams giving the coast teams few beltings.

Premiers - Aspley
Runners up - Broadbeach
Grogan - Martyn Grange
Coach of the year - Beamer, he’s turned Grange into top 5 team and yes they have recruited well and will need to add some more to win a flag but they are are moving forward.
Agree Goalkicker. I also admire Aspley, it’s not their fault but the matter lingers until the comp evens out and is unfair on the other clubs.

So let me see if I understand how this points thing has unfolded, so really important for the competition when Labrador was going ok that it would threaten the competition and desperately needed to level the competition in 2015, 16, 17, 18. Then they were warned about Aspley and Redland coming back to QAFL and how that would impact but that was scoffed at, never going to happen.Now it doesn't really matter and we all should be mindful of everybody's feelings. Ok. Let's all move on nothing to see here.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me see if I understand how this points thing has unfolded, so really important for the competition when Labrador was going ok that it would threaten the competition and desperately needed to level the competition in 2015, 16, 17, 18. Then they were warned about Aspley and Redland coming back to QAFL and how that would impact but that was scoffed at, never going to happen.Now it doesn't really matter and we all should be mindful of everybody's feelings. Ok. Let's all move on nothing to see here.
Geez people have an axe to grind against Aspley…..they now have an awesome Colts coach as well who will provide stability and leadership

How about some tips then....

Wilston Grange
Maroochydore
Aspley
Redlands
Surfers Paradise
Broadbeach

And what of their head-to-head history:

Wilston Grange V Noosa
Played 9 - WG won 7, Noosa won 2 (this includes 4 games played in the SEQAFL comp during the NEAFL era)
They also competed against each other in the BAFL (1998-1999), AFLSQ (2000 & 2002-2004), & QAFL Div 2 (2005-2010)

Maroochydore V Mt Gravatt
Played 7 - Maroochy 5, Mt Gravatt 2
The only occasions the two clubs have met was briefly in the BAFL (1993-1994), before Mt Gravatt was elevated to QAFL.

Morningside V Aspley
Played 13 - Morningside 5, Aspley 8
First met in 2009 - although NEAFL & VFL involvement has separated them since.

Redlands V Sherwood
Played 15 - Redlands 14, Sherwood 1
Remarkably, the two clubs never met in the SQAFA days: Sherwood was pushing to a higher grade, and Redlands was developing.

Labrador V Surfers Paradise
Played 18: Labrador 10, Surfers Paradise 8
That's just at QAFL level. The two clubs have a history going back to the 1960s.

Broadbeach V Palm Beach Currumbin
Played 21 - Broadbeach 7, Palm Beach 14
Similarly, aside from their QAFL record, these two clubs have a history stemming back to 1971.

I'm always on the lookout for SQAFA/BAFL, GCAFL, or SCAFL results. If you think you can help find missing info, let me know.

And what of their head-to-head history:

Wilston Grange V Noosa
Played 9 - WG won 7, Noosa won 2 (this includes 4 games played in the SEQAFL comp during the NEAFL era)
They also competed against each other in the BAFL (1998-1999), AFLSQ (2000 & 2002-2004), & QAFL Div 2 (2005-2010)

Maroochydore V Mt Gravatt
Played 7 - Maroochy 5, Mt Gravatt 2
The only occasions the two clubs have met was briefly in the BAFL (1993-1994), before Mt Gravatt was elevated to QAFL.

Morningside V Aspley
Played 13 - Morningside 5, Aspley 8
First met in 2009 - although NEAFL & VFL involvement has separated them since.

Redlands V Sherwood
Played 15 - Redlands 14, Sherwood 1
Remarkably, the two clubs never met in the SQAFA days: Sherwood was pushing to a higher grade, and Redlands was developing.

Labrador V Surfers Paradise
Played 18: Labrador 10, Surfers Paradise 8
That's just at QAFL level. The two clubs have a history going back to the 1960s.

Broadbeach V Palm Beach Currumbin
Played 21 - Broadbeach 7, Palm Beach 14
Similarly, aside from their QAFL record, these two clubs have a history stemming back to 1971.

I'm always on the lookout for SQAFA/BAFL, GCAFL, or SCAFL results. If you think you can help find missing info, let me know.
You're work is fantastic! Especially for me who is both new to Qld footy and also another footy history nerd.

I looked at my own site and the only references of the two clubs meeting in the Gold Coast league were these Grand Final results - probably been more GF clashes but I only had these :
1970 - Grand Final - Labrador 15.13.103 defeated Surfers Paradise 13.14.92.
1993 - Grand Final - Labrador defeated Surfers Paradise.
(cos I don't collect H&A results as a rule)

You're work is fantastic! Especially for me who is both new to Qld footy and also another footy history nerd.

I looked at my own site and the only references of the two clubs meeting in the Gold Coast league were these Grand Final results - probably been more GF clashes but I only had these :
1970 - Grand Final - Labrador 15.13.103 defeated Surfers Paradise 13.14.92.
1993 - Grand Final - Labrador defeated Surfers Paradise.
(cos I don't collect H&A results as a rule)
See if you can find out what led to Eagles departure from Grange Mobbs if you are going to todays game.

See if you can find out what led to Eagles departure from Grange Mobbs if you are going to todays game.
I went but have no phone to see this question, nor do I have inside info as I'm a random from out-of-state who just decided to get on them this year!
At one point I heard someone talking about recurring injuries and I thought it might have been about Eagles - however it could really have been about anyone else.

Ambulance rolled up today to take a Gorilla away, today, by the way. So much rhyming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back