Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not disagreeing that Neale has been a perfectly adequate stand in, but Hawk did kick 4 twice, which is more than 2 ‘at best’. I don’t care who it was against, don’t say it if it isn’t true.
Objectively the forward line has been significantly improved with Neale in it and Hawk not in it. This is not something any of us really want to contemplate, but sadly it is a fact.

I see massive upside in Neale but I am also realistic enough to see that he is still raw in a lot of ways, but he has energy, speed and can take a grab and kick a snag.

The issue is Stanley and Blicavs are less mobile/agile than they were 2 years ago. Ollie Henry is also more static than 2022 pressure/aerial contest Rohan. Other veterans are slower than they were too. So I think there is genuine rationale for playing one less tall than we did in 2022.
Blic and Stanley are still mobile enough; more worried about Stanley lasting 4q.
Rohan did very little in the GF, but did get us into it v Pies.
Very tricky; glad I'm not a selector.

Blic and Stanley are still mobile enough; more worried about Stanley lasting 4q.
Rohan did very little in the GF, but did get us into it v Pies.
Very tricky; glad I'm not a selector.
Critiquing comments only works if you propose your best 23 and provide rationale for the one you would omit, to include both Stanley and Blicavs.

If you do this then I'm happy to swap notes.

I think that is the point for me. I don’t mind the thought of playing both Stanley and Sam but I can’t think who then comes out for SDK? It won’t be Bews IMO as they will want him as a potential Rioli match up (even if Bews plays sub he can be pulled on early if needed).

CS won’t drop 2E nor Duncan and from there I can’t think of anyone else who deserves to miss?

Which I why I am in the camp it will be SDK or Stanley. A week ago I was worried it would mean SDK would miss - I am increasingly thinking it will be Stanley (but I am guessing)
I think they will go with SDK and Rhys (who has been in good form). Who misses? FIIK TBH. We will find out soon.

But given SDK's game last week he will be picked.

I think they will go with SDK in the ruck and drop Rhys. Which gives us the same lineup and structure as the last game vs WCE.

ie Tuohy on the wing, Holmes and Duncan in defence. Blitz in the ruck when Dixon goes there. As for sub, not sure? Rohan, Bews, Mullin?

Critiquing comments only works if you propose your best 23 and provide rationale for the one you would omit, to include both Stanley and Blicavs.

If you do this then I'm happy to swap notes.
is that the rule?
I was leaving out SDK this week, and have said so already several times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have finished 1,2,3 in the last 3 years or something like that and not made a GF.

The pressure is ALL on them to win this. WE can win it and want to win but if it doesnt happen.. no matter, 4 in 16 years is some comfort and provides plenty of DVD 's to watch.

Port.... dont choke it out now.

Go Catters

Port finished 11th in 2022.
Yet flogs on their page complain that we got an easy schedule this year and shouldn't have finished top 4...after we finished 12th in 2023?

Which is nothing like them finishing 11th in 2022 and getting an easy schedule in 2023 to finish top 4....is everyone following the logic here?

make it make sense :tearsofjoy:

It's about time I made an account instead of lurking and not contributing

Does anyone else think we should move Stewart to the centre bounce as soon as he realises he is getting tagged (if they go to tag him straight away... I can't see them tagging Jez)? Last time we let it wait too long and the tag went to his head, albeit it the case he has dealt with it much better as the season's progressed. Moving their tagger to centre bounce could also potentially force one of their star on-ballers to rotate out of centre bounce too, right?

I think an SDK-Neale-Blicavs ruck combination would suffice over playing Stanley. My view is we would be better served doing the straight change between SDK and Stanley rather than getting rid of someone else. Their forward line (without Dickson) are not particularly tall or effective so I don't see a necessity of keeping SDK in the backline all game. Obvious match up for him would be Ratugolea though, surely?

Frenetic pressure footy like we did in the first quarters against Sydney and Hawthorn during the season is what we need to emulate, and with Mannagh and a host of others (incl. Danger) in who didn't play last time, I'm optimistic about our chances. F50 pressure to keep the ball inside our 50 will be the downfall of PA, so let's hope O Henry properly earns his spot with hard efforts in the air and on the ground. Would like to see Bradley rewarded with a goal or two this week too...

Excited to see how Lawson goes in his first final too... I suspect his nonchalant level-headed nature is perfectly suited to an away final.

Cats by 16 for me

In what world did Mullin work last time we played them, their midfield ****ing destroyed us and all he did was turn the ball over, they are absolute idiots if they do that rubbish in a final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back