Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tackling machine Cleary had one tackle on the weekend and averages 1.2 per game for the season.

Yeah but applied a lot of pressure eg his smother got parker a goal.

If you ditch cleary and adams etc we lose grunt work is all I am saying.

Parker nailed his chances so that was awesome, but all 3 came from dirty work of others. Adams at one stage a quick handball, cleary smother etc. Removing them makes the finishing work harder

And the Dogs requested to avoid the Friday night slot too because of their first AFLW match at the redeveloped Whitten Oval on Friday.
Yep, pretty sure most times people think it is VIC bias, it is actually $ bias.

This was a really disrespectful decision to the AFLW, missed an opportunity to grow the game in NSW, and goes against the wishes of the top placed team.

If Channel Seven is incapable of creating intrigue for the top of the table Sydney coming up against their little brother in a finals game, then they should relinquish their AFL TV rights to an organisation that is not so incompetent.

Yep, pretty sure most times people think it is VIC bias, it is actually $ bias.

This was a really disrespectful decision to the AFLW, missed an opportunity to grow the game in NSW, and goes against the wishes of the top placed team.

If Channel Seven is incapable of creating intrigue for the top of the table Sydney coming up against their little brother in a finals game, then they should relinquish their AFL TV rights to an organisation that is not so incompetent.

Why don't we just have a set fixture every year say

1v4 Thursday
2v3 friday

etc etc and it's no surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game is literally ruled by TV ratings.
Yes if it was Pies v Blues I would kinda understand.
Yes the Hawks and Dogs are hot at the moment, but the Hawks and Dogs arent exactly the biggest clubs around.
Surely if it was a Friday night, Syd v GWS would get better ratings?
It's absolute BS that we have received the worst time slot. At least give us one of the evening time slots.

Wasn't it announced a year or so ago the Swans were one of the most watched clubs overall throughout the country? Would only imagine that's increased since.
Exactly. We aren't the ugly ducklings any more. GWS v Sydney should be a cracking spectacle. So will Hawks v Dogs.
Just don't know how this is all equates to us getting a Sat afternoon... or is the Sat afternoon better than I'm thinking?

I was about to post the same thing!!!!! No disrespect to the Swans but can mods please help here to stop Swan posts popping up on my feeds as I’ve got no interest/connection to the club. It’s been happening for some time now ….. it happens with no other club
Come on, you know you love us 😘

Did we prove over the last couple of weeks that scoreboard pressure is much more important than applied pressure. This is the same argument that occurred between Parker and Wicks. Cleary won't stay in the team over Parker because Parker is kicking over 2 goals a game when you normalise his TOG for the 3 sub games he has had. Atleast Cleary is over Wicks imo when Wicks becomes available post suspension. Still give me goals over pressure acts every day of the week and twice on Saturdays

Did we prove over the last couple of weeks that scoreboard pressure is much more important than applied pressure. This is the same argument that occurred between Parker and Wicks. Cleary won't stay in the team over Parker because Parker is kicking over 2 goals a game when you normalise his TOG for the 3 sub games he has had. Atleast Cleary is over Wicks imo when Wicks becomes available post suspension. Still give me goals over pressure acts every day of the week and twice on Saturdays

No doubt about that at all.

Still have to have players getting into the contest that's all.

Every player has to bring it for the finals . It's the case to leave Adams in the team mind you. I only mentioned Parker as he hasn't laid a tackle for 2 weeks.

No doubt about that at all.

Still have to have players getting into the contest that's all.

Every player has to bring it for the finals . It's the case to leave Adams in the team mind you
I think Campbell would be in the best 23 as sub in regular season games but just the more contested nature of finals i think Adams will be a key cog as you can't have enough midfielders especially if we want Chad more forward or Heeney shifting into the forward line we want more than a couple suitable on ballers

I think Campbell would be in the best 23 as sub in regular season games but just the more contested nature of finals i think Adams will be a key cog as you can't have enough midfielders especially if we want Chad more forward or Heeney shifting into the forward line we want more than a couple suitable on ballers

Wonder if they flirt with Amartey out

Have we actively gone with 2 KPDs or 2 KPFs if we have 3 fit ones available in the last 4-5 years

Not really well not this year .

But are Parker and Hayward more likely to take a mark inside 50 than Amartey?

Oh well glad I don't pick the team

Horse certainly has some tough calls to make.

To help, I’ve scrolled back through Bigfooty to ascertain which players haven’t been subject to howls demanding they be dropped this season.

In summary:

Gulden
Grundy
McInerney
Papley
McCartin
Chad
Heeney
Melican (surprisingly)

All others have been whipped at times & therefore clearly should not be selected for such an important final.
Papley has definitely been dropped by a few here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back