Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall the last final at Marvel Stadium. Maybe the Crows v Hawks game where Buddy Franklin won the the Hawks early in his career? Probably should have been at Marvel Stadium. They won't get 90k plus at the MCG I don't think.
With the pre-finals bye there won't be a final played at Marvel unless all 4 finals would be played in Melbourne and one of them is some combination of Roos/Saints vs GWS/Suns/Freo

Did we prove over the last couple of weeks that scoreboard pressure is much more important than applied pressure. This is the same argument that occurred between Parker and Wicks. Cleary won't stay in the team over Parker because Parker is kicking over 2 goals a game when you normalise his TOG for the 3 sub games he has had. Atleast Cleary is over Wicks imo when Wicks becomes available post suspension. Still give me goals over pressure acts every day of the week and twice on Saturdays
For me, it's not a choice between Parker and Cleary (or someone else like Campbell doing his role), but it might be worth watching how Parker got his first 2 goals on Saturday.

If we are half serious and in fact I'll say this, if we have any aspirations to win (the premiership) it won't make a difference as we are a 3 goal better side than GWS. People get overly worked up on scheduling these aren't 4 day breaks so who really cares

Not worked up but it does matter , it's the principle imo.

Finishing first should in theory give you the best path through , every little advantage matters , otherwise why bother

But we’re not judging Parker’s goal kicking value simply on the ones he got against the Crows.
I'm not dismissing his goal kicking value?

I'm just responding to someone who was placing scoreboard pressure from a player above the roles others might play, which lead to said scoreboard pressure.

For all the complaints about Horse in "big games", just a reminder nobody has won more finals since 2012.

Since 2012?

Chris Scott 10 wins
Hardwick 10 wins
Longmire 8 wins?

Longmire has lost 12 since 2012 think that's the most.

Anyway will be on 11 in a few weeks

The 3 talls and Parker is slow inside 50

Parkers form is better than amarty

If you went Mclean Mcdonald Hayward Parker Papley midfield rotating as the forward 6 for instance you can keep Adams and Campbell in the 23.

Drop Amartey, Cleary, Francis, Fox

Not saying I would but it's not ridiculous to consider either .

Assuming Mccartin, Heeney, Papley and Jmac all fit .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where you headed?
More importantly, what were you thinking booking travel in Sep !!?? :tongueclosed:

Going to Africa 3 week holiday mainly in Rwanda/Tanzania but a few days in South Africa

Not worked up but it does matter , it's the principle imo.

Finishing first should in theory give you the best path through , every little advantage matters , otherwise why bother

We will get the advantage in the prelim if we host it- extra day break. Don’t think it’s a big deal to be honest

We will get the advantage in the prelim if we host it- extra day break. Don’t think it’s a big deal to be honest

How about putting the best team all year on in prime time for the exposure ?

If you're in Arusha and you want one big night out you should check out a club called Via Via. Immaculate vibes!

Yeah been there before be nice to have a break just annoying it’s while we have finals but I can’t do it any other time

How about putting the best team all year on in prime time for the exposure ?

You want dewy conditions in Sydney…and it gets worse the later games start. Suits our run style the more during the day it is. Plus think of me lol I can’t watch it on a Friday as I’m travelling lmao

Yeah been there before be nice to have a break just annoying it’s while we have finals but I can’t do it any other time
Aghhh one of the best places on Earth vs the Swans in finals, life's choices hey?

face crying GIF

In all seriousness, have a good time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back