Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job.

Especially the Greene stuff - he’s dangerous, but just not as angry as he was.

I still want Rampe covering him in the GWS fwd 50.

don't write off greene
and while i think we'll win this weekend, and in fact win it all from here, i've been of the belief all season the giants are as big a threat as any
and i can see us winning this weekend then facing them again on that last saturday (the afl's nightmare!)

Last edited:
A limited number of tickets will be made available for Qualifying Final 1 – Sydney Swans v GWS GIANTS, SCG and Qualifying Final 2 – Port Adelaide v Geelong Cats, Adelaide Oval at 1.00pm local time today.

There's no reason we should lose this one. The only concern is we might have a few too many players rusty coming back from injury but our midfield core will be ripping and ready
I was concerned about that too, but I think they have a few coming back from injury as well so hopefully it evens out

Speaking of injured players... Are any of the "you don't play injured or underdone players in finals" brigade going to come out now and say it's a huge mistake playing Papley or McInerney? Or will that only happen if we lose?

There is always a level of can they apply their strengths enough to impact the game?

Can Papley provide his forward craft under whatever level of fitness he currently has? if not then just pick Cleary.

Same with JMAC.

the ghost of Sam Reid is drifting over this weeks selections.

Speaking of injured players... Are any of the "you don't play injured or underdone players in finals" brigade going to come out now and say it's a huge mistake playing Papley or McInerney? Or will that only happen if we lose?
The only way to get underdone players firing is to play them. Otherwise paps or Jmac would never come back. This is the ideal game to do it as it’s not elimination stakes.

Also feel Paps was ready to go 2 weeks ago so doesn’t smell of the must play them desperation that say the Blues are experiencing.

Even if we take a minor hit this match, it should benefit us further in our campaign.

And as Jewelsbon said, GWS have similar issues so should even out.

Yours in speed, JHWF.

I hope Bedford does play and they make the same mistake of sending him to Warner

smallmouth bass water GIF by Winkelman

I wouldn't say I'm regularly part of that brigade.

But I still stand by comments in this thread where I've already said I wouldn't bring them both back in the same final.

The only way to get underdone players firing is to play them. Otherwise paps or Jmac would never come back. This is the ideal game to do it as it’s not elimination stakes.

Also feel Paps was ready to go 2 weeks ago so doesn’t smell of the must play them desperation that say the Blues are experiencing.

Even if we take a minor hit this match, it should benefit us further in our campaign.

And as Jewelsbon said, GWS have similar issues so should even out.

Yours in speed, JHWF.
If we think we're more likely to "take a hit" by playing them both this week, then you don't do it. We should be picking the team we think are most likely to win each week of finals, not prioritising trying to get underdone players match fit.

From what i have heard there is mixed messaging about Bedford playing. Some people have said put a line through his name and others have said he still has a chance. Also believe that Thursday is the main fitness test for him to see if he does play or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there is another reason i want you guys to win. your a run and gun style of team. the afl is a follow the leader group.
afl will be great to watch next season.

also there is a podcast out west were they briefly talked about sydney, voicing their concerns and why. its called hard ball gets. i wanna hear your thoughts?

there is another reason i want you guys to win. your a run and gun style of team. the afl is a follow the leader group.
afl will be great to watch next season.

also there is a podcast out west were they briefly talked about sydney, voicing their concerns and why. its called hard ball gets. i wanna hear your thoughts?

Thanks for sharing.

Our forward line is literally the least of our concerns in my opinion. We have proven over and over and over and over again this year that when we get our game going we have absolutely no issues scoring. Most points for this year, most 100+ point scores this year, etc.

It's getting our game going that will be the concern. That starts with the midfield in the contest, where we are suspect, and if we get smacked there then it becomes about being able to transition from defence if the corridor is taken away from us, where we've also looked very suspect.

If we think we're more likely to "take a hit" by playing them both this week, then you don't do it. We should be picking the team we think are most likely to win each week of finals, not prioritising trying to get underdone players match fit.
Yeah, I think the reality is that anyone returning from any injury won’t be at their pre injury peak first game back. Don’t think our returnees are in the Sam Reid category tho.

Yeah, I think the reality is that anyone returning from any injury won’t be at their pre injury peak first game back. Don’t think our returnees are in the Sam Reid category tho.
No, and I'm definitely not putting them in that category either.

Less of a risk this week with a double chance. I’d have a massive problem playing one straight into a prelim or GF though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back