Question about AFL Bluray quality

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey can any Doggies fans (or other teams) that picked up the Bluray of their GF win last year let me know what the quality was like?

Is it actual high quality 1080p bluray?

Keen to pick up the Tigers GF bluray, but if it's just the DVD copy on a Bluray that gets upscaled, they can cram it. I'm not wasting money on that.

I assumed as much. The majority of AFL merchandise is pathetic in terms of quality. Apparantly on the 2017 DVD some of the radio audio doesn't align to the game if you choose that option....

I wanna get the bluray for a Xmas pressie for my old man though, so hopefully the quality is decent at least.

*Cheeky excuse to start another Richmond thread.

LOL fair call. it is a serious question though, everyone I speak to says that the DVD's the AFL puts out are pretty shit overall in terms of features, quality and menus etc... so I'm hoping at at a bare minimum that the image quality is good and not just the standard crap bitrate used in the broadcast.

The DVD quality has been poor. 2014 was particularly bad.

2015 was worse, depending on the dvd player and tv screen........ at its worse it looked like watching a late 90's .asf video file............ or watching it under water. The blu-ray was much better, pretty much as good/if not better than the 7HD broadcast.

Never got the Bulldogs blu-ray so I can't say if it the quality would have improved (or gone backward).

Hey can any Doggies fans (or other teams) that picked up the Bluray of their GF win last year let me know what the quality was like?

Is it actual high quality 1080p bluray?

Keen to pick up the Tigers GF bluray, but if it's just the DVD copy on a Bluray that gets upscaled, they can cram it. I'm not wasting money on that.
Quality much better than 1980 VHS:)

Didn't even know they did Blu-Rays... thought they scrapped it after 2011

Have never seen one at retail since... only DVD, do you order through the AFL or club these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have never seen one at retail since... only DVD, do you order through the AFL or club these days?

They scrapped them for years. 2015 blu-ray was only available in the ultimate collection box set (which was basically the 3 finals series victory packs combined with 3 bonus matches from each 13 14 15 season).

The Bulldogs bluray was available separately AND re released not long ago in the Bulldogs reissued box set (box set contained every game of the season).

Is the Tigers DVD really poor quality?
Yep it's rubbish. Almost unwatchable. I want my money back. The audio that matches with the radio stations and the vision is a good one and a half seconds out of sync too.

Yeah, they haven't had Bluray for quite some time. The Richmond one is advertised on JB's website, but until I see it as released, I won't believe it (they also had the Swans 2012 advertised, and that never materialised). The DVD wasn't much chop either (but still worth a watch ;)).

LOL fair call. it is a serious question though, everyone I speak to says that the DVD's the AFL puts out are pretty shit overall in terms of features, quality and menus etc... so I'm hoping at at a bare minimum that the image quality is good and not just the standard crap bitrate used in the broadcast.
It’s gotta be better than VHS. That’s all we have as Melbourne supporters to re-watch our finals on.

It’s gotta be better than VHS. That’s all we have as Melbourne supporters to re-watch our finals on.

Maybe they'll release this picture in HD.

bbb35b98919fa02594acaa99869d24e7

Remove this Banner Ad

Question about AFL Bluray quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back