Question

Remove this Banner Ad

Many teams have pysch profiles on their opponents. Some of these suggest a little behind the play push and shove and good old fashioned sledging can unsettle a player. The report aired on the footy show this year listed the perceived strengths and weaknesses of Essendon players by Brisbane. Who was vunerable to being put off their game and by what means.

Some players definatley set out to rattle their opponents. Worth noting some players do the aggressive thing to get themselves fired up too. While others play better when they are targetted.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

It's basically to ruffle the feathers of the opposition. Some players end up playing a more fired up much tougher style of footy, some back off and start complaining about everything.

It can go either way, and the opposition try and use it to their advantage.

It's quite straight forward really. The shoving was intitated by the crows player who in the push and shove copped an arm to the head. He got a free, and a goal.

It was smart play by McGregor to start the biffo, he could not have asked for a better result.

1908 said:
In the Adelaide v WC GF qualifier a West Coast player elbowed an Adelaide player in the head before the game started, can someone explain the tactics behind this?
AFL is the only football code in the world where the players fight before the game starts, why? Their discipline levels are extremely low. Why do they constantly push and shove, what can be gained from this stupid play?

You want undisciplined?
hopo.jpg

YOU GOT IT!!!!!

Not only are AFL players undisciplined but if they need a push and shove to fire them up then they are unmotivated as well.
If all league players get a finger than all AR players bite scrotums, ouch!!!

1908 said:
Not only are AFL players undisciplined but if they need a push and shove to fire them up then they are unmotivated as well.

afl is better than RL ... your argument is crap and

ya mum!

1908 said:

1 AR player bit 1 AR players scrotum ONCE

1 RL player finger MANY RL players bottoms MANY times

see the difference?

The reason is psychological and to say it is useless is ridiculous. If used properly it can work, you just have to look at the Bulldogs of 97/98 to see it. The Gardiner incident and Cousins incidents are proof that it can work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1908 said:
In the Adelaide v WC GF qualifier a West Coast player elbowed an Adelaide player in the head before the game started, can someone explain the tactics behind this?
AFL is the only football code in the world where the players fight before the game starts, why? Their discipline levels are extremely low. Why do they constantly push and shove, what can be gained from this stupid play?
ICE HOCKEY.

1908 said:
As I said previously Monkster you guys can justify anything. Both acts were committed by ONE player.

As i said previously I'm not justifying anything I'm just pointing out the facts.

You will find that the push and shove and carry on happens just before the start of the game, when the players have manned up on each other. It rarely (if ever) happens prior to that, eg in the warmups.

The reason 1908 can take the moral high ground here, certainly in relation to RL, is that at the start of a game of RL the two teams are in separate halves of the ground. So it is a bit difficult for the two sides to rough each other up before the game when they aren't even allowed near each other until the game starts.

1908 seems to have neglected telling everyone that little fact. :)

ParraEelsNRL said:
Nut munchers :D

Finger in the bum or a scrot full of teeth, i think i'll take the smack in the head.

Strange that Hoopas defence was that he's tried the finger in the bum at training and no fellow players had complained, so he thought it was alright to do on the field, thats what occurs at NRL training sessions????

Remove this Banner Ad

Question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back