Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

He had 2 touches with a goal assist in the 3rd quarter and 1 disposal in the 4th. Saying he had a good quarter is more accurate to saying he had a good game.
It's really not that hard to just say Murphy had a good game. I don't think it will continue and expect he will revert to type soon enough, but I'll give credit when it is due.

It's really not that hard to just say Murphy had a good game. I don't think it will continue and expect he will revert to type soon enough, but I'll give credit when it is due.
I'd say we've set the bar so low on him that him disappearing for a half gets ignored.

Why is hard to say he had a good half??? It’s accurate.

I'd say we've set the bar so low on him that him disappearing for a half gets ignored.
Exactly.
There's been a lot of talk post-selection about Murphy.
At best, it could be said he played a good first half. That's true.
I'd prefer it if he was quiet in the first half, woke up at half time, lifted, and played strongly in the second half when the whips were cracking.

Some credit might be due to Macrae who might have made a change to curb Murphy's influence.
Anybody notice?
Regardless, he's been retained. We can melt or applaud the decision but there's nothing we can do about it.

Majority on this board have struggled to acknowledge Murphy actually had a good game against Collingwood. I am absolutely not a fan and did not agree with his selection to begin with, but need to give credit when due. I also didn't like the Hamill selection, but he was very good on Hill, that's why the Borlase inclusion makes zero sense.

Cook should be retained over McHenry too, actually thought he had his best game of the season as well.

Here we go again, I thought we did this early in the week. Your memory appears as good as Nicks - give it a few days and all is forgotten.

He had a good/OK half where he finally did his job, his second half was deplorable - 3 disposals.

Unless your a key defender locking down the Coleman medallist, a 3 disposal half cannot be regarded as a good game.

Murphy aside, I'm much more troubled that Smith has been retained
and
I'll be extremely disappointed if O'Brien keeps his spot.
It'll mean that Nicks is playing a little mind game (naming Strachan, you know "Watch out, Reilly").
It's pi$$weak.

Nicks, you wanna send O'Brien a message? Talk to him, don't drop hints, and tell him why he's been dropped.

Last edited:
I’m confused.

Last week the Cartel screamed that the selection of Hamill (and Murphy) was a crime against humanity. This week they are outraged that Hamill might be dropped (imho he won’t) and barely a word about Murphy.

The cartel were catatonic when Sholl was subbed off (he was standing Josh Daicos in the first three quarters 🥺) despite wanting him to be perma-banned all season.

Don’t tell fibs now

I’m confused.

Last week the Cartel screamed that the selection of Hamill (and Murphy) was a crime against humanity. This week they are outraged that Hamill might be dropped (imho he won’t) and barely a word about Murphy.

The cartel were catatonic when Sholl was subbed off (he was standing Josh Daicos in the first three quarters 🥺) despite wanting him to be perma-banned all season.
Don’t you mean THE CARTEL?

I’m confused.

Saying Hamill shouldn’t be selected over other players, and then saying other players are more deserving of being dropped instead of Hamill, are totally consistent views to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m confused.

I’m confused, you called someone Mr four touch two weeks ago then don’t mention them since.
Then claim someone who had 3 touches in a half was responsible for getting us back in it?

Last edited:
Worrell didn't play last week!
Ahh crap. So he didnt However the norm this year has been 3 or 4 talls

Tall defenders this season
Round One - Borlase, Worrell, butts
Round two - Butts Keane Worrel
ROund three - Borlase, Keane, Worrell
Round four - Keane, Worrell
Round five - Butts, Keane, Worrell
Round 6 - Borlase, Keane, Worrell
Round 7 - Borlase, Keane, Worrell
Round 8 - Butts, Keand, Curtin, Worrell
Round 9 - Butts, Keane, Curtin, Worell
Round 10 - Butts, Keane
Round 11 - Borlase, Butts and Keane

So only Round 4 and 10 have we gone in with two tall defenders. The rest have been 3 or 4 tall defenders.

Last edited:
14 disposals, 1 goal, set up 3 other goals (that’s 4 of our 11 goals), 3 marks, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50s, EIGHT score involvements (only De Goey had more).

It must have been one hell of a quarter!

That’s the problem with FACTS, they get in the way of a good rant. Just admit he had a good game against the Pies. It’s no big deal, he will probably be crap on Sunday.
FACT Murphy got one touch in the last quarter. Went missing. Leadership group and all of that.

Another week of Mchenry, Sholl, Murphy, Jones, O'Brien and Keays. Nicks certainly knows how to inspire.

I would say I can't wait until Nicks is gone but his replacement will much of the same. Hard gig being a Crows supporter. One of the worst clubs in the competition.

I hope Schoenberg plays.

Would prefer McMurphy out. But expect both to play.

Reckon Burgess for Himmelberg makes sense. Although Gollant probably a better option for the future. Gollant pinch hit Ruck craft gets the job done, his forward craft a concern.

Rachele needs to step up this week. Own that Rankine midfield spot for next 3 weeks. Plus Schoenberg.

Worst outcome would be Rankine out increases Laird/Crouch midfield combo.

These two together doesn't work, and the reason Crouch ToG is around 65 to 70%.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back