Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtin should be selected on merit? He struggled defensively in the SANFL and showed he wasn’t ready for the AFL by being stitched up by a first gamer and an AFL journeyman. We just need to find him a role where he has no defensive duties and we feed him the ball. No such role exists. I am a Curtin fan and I believe he will develop into an elite player.

Murphy is a whipping boy (and not in our best 22 imho) but he had a key role in dragging us back into the game against Collingwood. ROB was well beaten last Saturday but surprisingly broke even against the Big O. Brodie Smith had quite a good game against Collingwood. Keays made some dumb mistakes (as usual) but was moved onto Pendlebury after 1/4 time and reduced his influence.

Unfortunately we have 6 of our best 22 injured and after our best 12 players named this week the remaining players available are either Kids or fringe players.
Murphy had 3 touches in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

He’s actually mentioned him the previous two pressers as well, I do hold hope he debuts in this next 3 week block of games. After Schoey he seems to be next in line from the sanfl.

He only mentions him because he knows there's external pressure to give in-form kids a chance. He has zero intent to play him unless there's enough injuries.

Rowey said there’s doubts on Butts as he’s sore, he’s always bloody sore
That would make sense if Borlase came in for Butts... otherwise makes no sense we would go taller.

More like a good quarter.
14 disposals, 1 goal, set up 3 other goals (that’s 4 of our 11 goals), 3 marks, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50s, EIGHT score involvements (only De Goey had more).

It must have been one hell of a quarter!

That’s the problem with FACTS, they get in the way of a good rant. Just admit he had a good game against the Pies. It’s no big deal, he will probably be crap on Sunday.

I can't figure out that squad

Surely Borlase isn't coming in for Hamill / Nankervis. Would be the world's tallest and slowest backline.

Borlase named on field but he misses surely to goodness.
Totally mystifying selections - I reckon I'm less confused about Ireland's Eurovision entry this year than the team listed.

bambie-thug-doomsday-blue.gif

14 disposals, 1 goal, set up 3 other goals (that’s 4 of our 11 goals), 3 marks, 2 tackles, 3 inside 50s, EIGHT score involvements (only De Goey had more).

That’s the problem with FACTS, they get in the way of a good rant. Just admit he had a good game against the Pies. It’s no big deal, he will probably be crap on Sunday.
Is a game 4 quarters or a half?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m confused.

Last week the Cartel screamed that the selection of Hamill (and Murphy) was a crime against humanity. This week they are outraged that Hamill might be dropped (imho he won’t) and barely a word about Murphy.

The cartel were catatonic when Sholl was subbed off (he was standing Josh Daicos in the first three quarters 🥺) despite wanting him to be perma-banned all season.
Wasn’t the Cartel, it was 95% of posters on here. One of the main issues with selecting Murphy is they still had McHenry in the side, it had to be one or the other at best. How did McHenry go?

Again most posters were questioning how you sub a running player and why Jones the other wingman continues to escape any scrutiny.

But that wouldn’t make for much trolling would it?

Problem is I don't think it's about being 'harsh', it's about having a specific structure with pre-defined roles and wanting three talls when there's two tall defensive options to mark, so we can have a less accountable tall interceptor. If Hamill is dropped it's because Max has the small defensive stopper role and because Smith/Nank/Jones etc are ahead of him when it's not primarily a defensive role.
I wouldn't mind seeing Michalanney take the rebounding role and banishing Smith. Max's draft profile had him as a strong rebounder, so it'd be an interesting watch at least. Maybe half back flankers/wingers could be a combination of MM/Curtin/Nankervis/Hinge in future, and Hamill could actually be a quality lockdown player for smalls. Could be something to persist with to see if it works long term.
Obviously I'm just speculating and for all I know they'll play Hamill in the ruck. But that's my guess about what's happening.
I'd take it to be honest.

Last edited:
I’m confused.

Last week the Cartel screamed that the selection of Hamill (and Murphy) was a crime against humanity. This week they are outraged that Hamill might be dropped (imho he won’t) and barely a word about Murphy.

The cartel were catatonic when Sholl was subbed off (he was standing Josh Daicos in the first three quarters 🥺) despite wanting him to be perma-banned all season.
sMurph played well last week (for a half at least), and since we've lost Rankine (and are likely to push Rachele into the midfield in his place), we need him as the backup small forward.

He had 2 touches with a goal assist in the 3rd quarter and 1 disposal in the 4th. Saying he had a good quarter is more accurate to saying he had a good game.

Majority on this board have struggled to acknowledge Murphy actually had a good game against Collingwood. I am absolutely not a fan and did not agree with his selection to begin with, but need to give credit when due. I also didn't like the Hamill selection, but he was very good on Hill, that's why the Borlase inclusion makes zero sense.

Cook should be retained over McHenry too, actually thought he had his best game of the season as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back