Review R12: Port v Bulldogs review

Remove this Banner Ad

Then don't watch, don't be a fan and don't bother.

There's a reason I gave up on BigFooty this is it and it's the reason I'm done with it. Enjoy being pessimistic, beaten every selection night, not being realistic and generally expecting things that are beyond a group with a inexperienced backline and give no credit when they give their best please enjoy it.

I hope it's great fun for ya but I'm done. Enjoy the selection melts, enjoy it all but thanks BigFooty you've been great but I'm done.

Cheers to realistic posters and the quality one's you know who you are.
We r a footy family. We have our ups and downs like any family. Watched your dad play many times and it's great that you contribute to this forum. As you say the boys tried hard but IMO we lack a bit of quality. Don't leave, always enjoy your posts

Lol at the in-house fighting. It's richmond like. Settle down its round 11.

Yeah I think I'm done too.

Last season blew it, and again this year, obvious errors of our ways, slow to react Ken. Going backwards, another year no finals.

I'm done

I'll kill my account now. Open up under a name name start fresh.

Hope to not post much, better things to do than waste my time on a team of overpaid posers

One of the misses in the second or last quarter was from on the run dead in front. The Port player couldn't get it properly on his right due to a Dog player closing in very quickly so did a checkside from in front that missed. Why can't players kick with both feet? It's not as if it's impossible, that was one of the first things taught in school footy.

Last season blew it, and again this year, obvious errors of our ways, slow to react Ken. Going backwards, another year no finals.

I'm done

Hope to not post much, better things to do than waste my time on a team of overpaid posers
We'll know who you are anyway. You have a unique writing style. :p

I know all teams get injuries but today, Ryder and Hombsch would have been the difference imo. Bring on 2017.
You guys played hard and quite possibly should've won, but I've seen a lot of you deflect to all your outs.

As Bevo said with our injuries...something along the lines of 'I'll never use that as an excuse because it is extremely disrespectful to the 22 you put out there on the day'. Never thought of it like that until he said it.

That being said can't wait to get JJ, Adams, Murphy, Boyd, Clay Smith, Koby Stevens and Dahl back on our end. All would crack in to our best 22 somehow

Thanks mate. I was planning on driving back immediately, but decided to stay the night in town. Glad i did, the pizza place on East Terrace was one of the best pizzas ive eaten
Good, it's a long weekend and there will be a lot of bad drivers on the road. You need to be sharp. The impulsive road trip was awesome.:thumbsu:

I'm done

So what you're saying is you're not done, just gonna transfer this shit to another name?

I'm done

Overpaid posters. WTF. I'm not paid at all.

So what you're saying is you're not done, just gonna transfer this shit to another name?

Yeah, that's what I said.

Hopefully that will be like weaning off Oxycontin, which this place is, onto aspirin, and we'll all be better for my less posting.

Howard . End of 3Rd quarter.

Utterly reprehensible from Ken that he didn't play a leading forward all game on a sunny dry day

Just unacceptable coaching.

FFS Ken is killing this club.

Killing us.

Friends, we are fail. Fail. It's his 4th season and we have gone backwards. Going backwards
Blunt unpopular but true? Like a sluttering car we motor on. Pedal to the metal no matter what.
Passion over planning and from a good list ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really sad with the way this Port board has become. Some personal attacks and people being offensive towards each other. Never thought I would see this as a Port supporter.

The beauty about living in this country is that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Not suggesting we have to agree with everything but belittling each other, the supporters doesn't achieve anything. I've not got an issue with players getting called out for poor performances, they are professionals getting paid a good wage and should receive criticism for unacceptable performances

Remember that golden moment when we moved to AO and we all stood up singing NUTA, for the first time, where has that gone?

He said last week he likes playing out of defensive fifty because he doesn't have the fitness or aerobic to play centre.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat for anything under pick 25.

What a cancerous attitude

love the guy but may have been a massive mistake keeping him, we had 2 first rounders on the table for him, a first and second for Lobbe. so those 3 first rounders could probable have landed us Nat Fyfe if we went after him, maybe the 2nd rounder as a sweetener.

Dixon is over rated by some??? What do you watch really? Gimme a spell saying he is over rated by some one on this board and Butcher is underrated by others.
He is.
Now don't get me wrong, for mine qe didn't overpay for him and I do really rate him but he is a KPF version of Primus not a Tredrea type KPF but we are structuring around him as if he was another Tredrea type.
Play him to his strengths and he will go even better than he is.

Butcher is a mobile KPF, Schulz is a main focus KPF and we have been playing Westhoff as a third tall even when there's only been two of them.

The younger blokes are young and we need to keep getting experience into them.

The problem with the Butchers haters is that they keep pretending others arw saying play him instead of Dixon. Afaik no one has ever said that.

You guys played hard and quite possibly should've won, but I've seen a lot of you deflect to all your outs.

As Bevo said with our injuries...something along the lines of 'I'll never use that as an excuse because it is extremely disrespectful to the 22 you put out there on the day'. Never thought of it like that until he said it.

That being said can't wait to get JJ, Adams, Murphy, Boyd, Clay Smith, Koby Stevens and Dahl back on our end. All would crack in to our best 22 somehow
Yeah but we're just disgruntled posters, not the coaches.

Many of us have acknowledged your outs as well.

It's funny. When people predict the 8 at the beginning of the year, it's ok to factor in injuries into where a team finish. You always hear people say....,"well permitting injuries etc, I think theyll finish... ".

It's funny how when it actually starts to happen we're not allowed to afford ourselves the same excuse.

Last edited:
I'm running out of patience with Dixon's marking I was in the 'they'll start to stick at some stage" crew but he drops far too many.. the rest of his game is very good but he's costing himself 3 to 4 shots a game not clunking marks he should swallow

he should've ******* rucked at stages today jacko was cooked

The marks that he drops are when he has 3 players hanging off him ffs. I would be surprised if he was outmarked all day. Even when it gets banged on his head or he has to come 4 deep because the kick drops short he still brings it to ground. He barely misses a set shot. He just runs in and smashed everyone in sight. What more do you want from him?

Some times you just know it's not going to be your year, The Ryder - Monfries suspension, no top up player, injuries to key players, it's that simple, to make finals you have to have most of your best players on the park and then to make the big one and win it, you need your best playing their best. It's not our time due to unfortunate circumstances. We follow Port Adelaide and it's hard to swallow. The coaches box should be more settled, the list trimmed and added too, key players back and a better understanding of what is required with structures and game plan come 2017 and we will have another crack. Sure we could scrape into the eight, then what, play a final or two and build for next year, finishing eight or ninth does not mean we are capable of winning a flag, it is suggesting that is as good as you are this year. It hurts but that's footy, you have to make the most of every opportunity that comes our way, (the Carlton loss) we had the chance to play in the GF in 2014 but stumbled in the prelim. Shit happens, let's hope next year our luck changes, every thing that could go wrong has but some positives have been, Howard, jones and Austin, hope we can add Bonner and Palmer to that list soon.

Last edited:

I'm done

Nah don't give up mate. There's a long way to go. We won't make finals but we can only improve I reckon

The marks that he drops are when he has 3 players hanging off him ffs. I would be surprised if he was outmarked all day. Even when it gets banged on his head or he has to come 4 deep because the kick drops short he still brings it to ground. He barely misses a set shot. He just runs in and smashed everyone in sight. What more do you want from him?
Nah there's plenty of times he outpositions opponents but doesn't clunk what he should swallow it's happened all year. He needs to improve that side of his game he's doing everything else pretty well.

Some times you just know it's not going to be your year, The Ryder - Monfries suspension, no top player, injuries to key players, it's that simple, to make finals you have to have most of your best players on the park and then to make the big one and win it, you need your best playing their best. It's not our time due to unfortunate circumstances. We follow Port Adelaide and it's hard to swallow. The coaches box should be more settled, the list trimmed and added too, key players back and a better understanding of what is required with structures and game plan come 2017 and we will have another crack. Sure we could scrape into the eight, then what, play a final or two and build for next year, finishing eight or ninth does not mean we are capable of winning a flag, it is suggesting that is as good as you are this year. It hurts but that's footy, you have to make the most of every opportunity that comes our way, (the Carlton loss) we had the chance to play in the GF in 2014 but stumbled in the prelim. Shit happens, let's hope next year our luck changes, every thing that could go wrong has but some positives have been, Howard, jones and Austin, hope we can add Bonner and Palmer to that list soon.
good post

Don't leave b0ydman, even if I don't agree with everything you say I applaud you for putting your thoughts out there knowing full well others will line up to shoot you down.

Today was Groundhog Day. Again. 4-14 in close ones, 5-16 I also read. Its been Groundhog Day for two full seasons worth of games now, since mid 2014, and I've had a ****ing gutful.

inside 50's and scores against since gws:
58-27 (L)
53-19
51-24
49-23 (L)
61-24 (L)
53-26
53-23
51-25 (L)

Consistent enough to not be flogged (apart from Geelong), but we always give the opposition enough of the ball that if they convert well we are in trouble. If they dont (Coll/Mel/Bris) we dont have much trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R12: Port v Bulldogs review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back