Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only person who thinks it's very bizarre as to how hard their list can run, and KEEP running? I mean, it's really off the charts abnormal.

I don't remember half of the players in that side tonight being noted for that level of running as juniors. This is 2013 level bizarre stuff.

I reckon they're up to something again.

Brodie's on FiveAA right now with Rowe and Bickley sounding way too chirpy as they joke around about the Douglas jumper thing. I don't care if Richard Pryor and George Carlin are back from the dead and doing sets in the rooms, don't ******* laugh and joke around after an arsedestroying performance like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only person who thinks it's very bizarre as to how hard their list can run? I mean, it's really off the charts abnormal.

I don't remember half of the players in that side tonight being noted for that level of running as juniors.

Our dinosaurs obviously made them look like Usain Bolt incarnate.

Brodie's on FiveAA right now with Rowe and Bickley sounding way too chirpy as they joke around about the Douglas jumper thing. I don't care if Richard Pryor and George Carlin are back from the dead and doing sets in the rooms, don't ******* laugh and joke around after an arsedestroying performance like that
I suspect they are required by the AFL to show a happy demeanour to demonstrate good sportsmanship.

Lynch is a pathetic downhill skier. He is atrocious. I cannot believe the amount of people who defend him

Tex is useless unless he doesn’t have an opponent. He can’t get separation, can’t apply forward pressure and he can’t take a contested mark. Can do one hell of a volleyball set though.

Eddie constantly flies for marks he will never take, leaving nobody at the fall of the contest and the oppo to literally walk the ball out of the D50.

Mackay is just an embarrassment.

Laird has no composure and his kicking to the moon is the direct cause of so much of the repeat pressure sides put on us.

Murphy might be the dumbest footballer I’ve seen. Always runs off the mark and puts unnecessary pressure on himself, consistently chooses the wrong inside 50 option and his defensive positioning is bewildering. He can’t tackle either. He has a dip but the bad is way worse than the good.

Try the young blokes out ffs, can’t be worse than these pretenders.

Also - how does Riley Knight, supposedly one of our fittest players, finish on 81 Fantasy after being on 70 at HT...

This. The players don't care they get paid anyway

Our midfield are disgraceful runners. They aren't all glacially slow, but what they don't do is run hard to support our players.

Look at Zach Merrett. Slow. But he runs ****ing hard both ways to support the midfield.

What do our guys do? Jog. Often to the wrong spots. No support. Don't run at the opposition ball carrier.

No one is excused. Sloane, Crouches, wings, everyone. They are all terrible runners.

One of many coaching failures

Imagine if on Monday we are looking for a new coach as well. :drunk:
We should be doing exactly that. Pyke is Craig MkII. It's taken months to get a different mix in the midfield when blind-mans Freddie could seeit. I turned it off after they hit the front in the last, as it was abundantly clear they'd run over us. We simply cannot stop any team with some leg speed with our current line-up. Love Tex and Betts, but their time has come - completely ineffective if they don't get the ball. Many of Essendon's scores came directly as a result of our inability to hold it in our forward area. time for a clean-out methinks.

Try the young one's, Hamill, Jones (who should be in anyway), Fog for Tex, Stengle for Betts, Butts, etc. and anyone else in the two's with some leg speed. We can't continue to shy away from the fact we're being blown away by any side with some decent pace. This season is pretty much gone, along with any chance of a #1 pick, as Carlton will beat us next week too. I always tended to trust our coaching panel, selection panel to get it right. It's now obvious they don't have what it takes. Can we overthrow the lot of them, Hong Kong style?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back