Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Will Daniel Curtin come into the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtin has to come in.. rotate him mid/forward..
Give tex the week off especially given its on the less forgiving hard Marvel stadium surface.

Smith had another shocker.. go back to the sanfl you silly old fart.. the games gone past you. Give that young Ryan lad a run.

Murphy.. just fxxk off.. did a couple of alright things in the first half then was barely seen.. again does his disappearing act..

Another massive last term from the “leader”…

IMG_0455.jpeg

What a useless co*khead..

In: Curtin, Hinge
Out: Himmelberg, Smith

Dunno who as sub, I’d say Murphy but he played the best he had in a while tonight. Cook maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve given up on Murphy being omitted, on some of his performances should have been by now
I will keep naming him as an out to he is gone!

Out:
Himmelberg, Smith, Rachele (plus Laird relegated to sub)

In:
Hinge, Curtin, Ryan (plus Thilthorpe into the 22)

Sub:
Laird

Emg:
Smith, Himmelberg, Jones

Laird’s disposal is a mess and despite his big statistical night tonight, I’d prefer an increase in stoppage time for Taylor, Berry, Soligo and Dawson (or god forbid maybe even Curtin) over watching Laird’s comical decision making and execution.

Murphy could easily be dropped but tonight was about as good as you’ll get from him so realistically he’s bought himself another week so I won’t fight it.

Bond annihilated Higgins and is going nowhere.

Taylor and Dowling were excellent. Must be mainstays of the team for the next 10 years. Taylor looks every bit as good a prospect as Soligo for mine. A harder edge than I anticipated when he was drafted too.

Berry has entrenched himself back in the side and surely we sign him up on a 2 year deal in the next fortnight.

Smith had zero impact and showed no awareness on several occasions. He’s cooked, plain and simple. Oscar Ryan is better at literally everything.

Cook and Rachele are both teetering on the edge of selection but I certainly hope we persist with Cook in the AFL side.

Rachele might benefit from a confidence boost at SANFL level against plumbers I feel (look what some VFL time did for Phillipou). If dropping Rachele this week gets Ryan a game, with Nankervis to shift up the ground and have a crack in Rachele’s normal spot to accommodate Ryan joining the back 7, I’m very much ok with it. Oscar Ryan quite simply should have debuted by now, and we need to prioritise this asap.

Hinge was only ever a 1 week injury so he’s obviously in.

Himmelberg has now played his last game for the club. I actually don’t mind him, but yeah, it’s over.

Note: I fully expect to be including Murphy in my “outs” next week!

Ins: Hinge, Curtin
Outs: Murphy, O’Brien

Smith sub
Seinfeld Ok GIF

In: Thilthorpe (into 22), Hinge, Curtin
Out: Murphy (to sub), Himmelberg, Smith

Murphy won't be dropped outright, but at least demote him to the sub role.
These changes would be something to get excited about and help make fans feel positive about the direction of the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Back